Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, not trusting people is not the same as hating them.

Having been hurt, betrayed, and/or abandoned by many of the most important people in my life (friends, family, spouse) I too find it impossible to really trust anyone. I still love these people, and I haven't walked away from most of them, but I no longer confide in or rely upon them. Unfortunately it also prevents me from establishing new friendships and makes for a fairly lonely life.

We can (and should) forgive those that have hurt us, and do our best to move on, but forgiving someone and loving them doesn't always heal the wounds they inflicted.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, not trusting people is not the same as hating them.

Having been hurt, betrayed, and/or abandoned by many of the most important people in my life (friends, family, spouse) I too find it impossible to really trust anyone. I still love these people, and I haven't walked away from most of them, but I no longer confide in or rely upon them. Unfortunately it also prevents me from establishing new friendships and makes for a fairly lonely life.

We can (and should) forgive those that have hurt us, and do our best to move on, but forgiving someone and loving them doesn't always heal the wounds they inflicted.

Thank you

Upvote 0