✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
People have more than bodies.
The inner man - part -is renewed day by day, while the body decays.

God told Moses that He is the God of the living - as to people that their bodies were buried.

Jesus said that the statement to Moses was given while Abraham was dead and that this proves there must be a future resurrection or else God could not have said that about Abraham when speaking to Moses - Matthew 22, for "God is not the God of the dead - but of the living" and only 'future resurrection' solves that dilemma

31 But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.

He didn't say -I will be the God of Abraham -or of the living.
He said - am -

True. And Jesus said the only way that statement could possibly be true while speaking to Moses at the burning bush - is that there most certainly must be a future resurrection. Because God is the God who regards those things that are not - as though they are.

"A father of many nations HAVE I made you" while as yet there were no nations at all from Abraham.

Gen 17:5
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Rom 4:17
17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. KJV

17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; NKJV

Jesus' "proof" of the future resurrection was "irrefutable to Sadducees" who do NOT believe in a future resurrection nor in ghosts. Jesus setup a logical trap for them from which the ONLY logical avenue of escape was -- the future resurrection.

Matt 22
34 But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together.

"Some" argue that Jesus' proof , Jesus' puzzle for the Sadducees could be solved EITHER by a future resurrection OR by a "living-dead" kind of doctrine. But once you have one solution you delete all the need and motivation for the other.

Either one allows the case for God to say that to Moses at the time when Abraham was dead. And Jesus tells us He is using the "solution" of the future resurrection.

Some seek to delete Jesus's proof of a future resurrection and instead argue for the "living dead" solution which the Sadducees also did not accept.

as in right then Abraham was still alive somewhere

Which would solve the problem without any need at all for a future resurrection.

31 But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.

Last edited: