GarfieldP

Mar 12, 2017
Ontario
✟7,726.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To explain my situation, you must first understand that as a young guy who's recently graduated from university studying criminology, I am convinced that God has called me to study at the master's level in England (I'm in Canada). In my second year the idea began to grow and grow until I applied to three universities for courses re national security and cyber crime. This is the field where I hope to land a career. I was accepted into all three and accepted and have been using this in between year to refocus on God and life outside school. More practically speaking, I have been using this time to save enough money to offset current and future school loans. This endeavor has been met with some success, however I am grossly below my target for funds. I've been praying for guidance and patience to wait for his perfect timing, and He has been slow to answer. One of the things that I have been mulling over in my mind is if I should sell my car. Recently, because of a manufacturer recall, my engine was almost entirely rebuilt for free! At ten years old and 210000 km's that's a major blessing. A windfall even. However, this does not necessarily increase the resale value, but instead increases the value of the car to me. I am incredibly thankful for this blessing.

The thing is, this wasn't the blessing I had imagined. I had imagined a scholarship, a better job, or a generous family member to step in. Is God trying to tell me something, or am I to still continue to pray that he will bring the funds in before September? It is difficult to know.

I appreciate everyone's input.