• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Not sure where to go from here...

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
No friends, nothing to do but work and school, 10 hour days and thinking about "her". So that's pretty much my whole thought process summed up. I have a successful career, I went back to school, I have hobbies, I have money, I have a roof, I have respect, I believe in the gospel and I know I'm saved. So why am I miserable? Why do I feel like a failure? Well I can partially answer that.

I just don't know where to go from here. All I've wanted in life is a family and to love one person. I've loved one person for 20 years, long story, and I just don't know where to go. I never wanted money, success (in a worldly sense), or anything like that, the Lord has blessed me and I can see that and I'm grateful, so why am I miserable?

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No friends, nothing to do but work and school, 10 hour days and thinking about "her". So that's pretty much my whole thought process summed up. I have a successful career, I went back to school, I have hobbies, I have money, I have a roof, I have respect, I believe in the gospel and I know I'm saved. So why am I miserable? Why do I feel like a failure? Well I can partially answer that.

I just don't know where to go from here. All I've wanted in life is a family and to love one person. I've loved one person for 20 years, long story, and I just don't know where to go. I never wanted money, success (in a worldly sense), or anything like that, the Lord has blessed me and I can see that and I'm grateful, so why am I miserable?

Oh dear, you are feeling so low. I am sorry.
I think you are expecting and hoping that this girl you love is the answer. Well no human being can fulfill all our needs. Mo matter how great the love you feel for them. Only Jesus Christ can satisfy all needs. Pray to Him, tell Him your worries. Trust. Have faith. He will not let you down.
Take up new interests, make new friends and connections. You maybe lack stimulation and you need to develop and grow as a person. Don't dwell on a person with whom you are making no real progress.

Does that help?

Upvote 0

Matthew 24 10

Feb 28, 2018
Warsaw
✟9,130.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

If you got money maybe charity will make you feel better , try find one which does not scam most of it for themselfes it's hard trust me .

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hard to say without actually being there with you, seeing your life & surrounding situations.
I think part of your problem is that you're likely so focused on figuring out why you're miserable, and that's making you more miserable. It sounds weird, but that's psychology.
Let Go & Let God take care of you. It takes prayer, persistance, and try fasting while you're at it (it's quite remarkable how effective a 22-hour fast is; not even a full day, I did it a month ago, and I still feel spiritually refreshed because of it. Breaking the fast, I actually felt a little bit of Satan die inside of me, because he knew that I didn't break the fast to succomb to passions of the flesh, but out of respect for God's temple--intentions are key).
This seems to be more an issue of where you're focus is; you seem to have a great life situation, but with one girl that won't leave your mind. I was in the same situation Junior year of high school, but after turning enough to God, He brought me out of it. Same thing happened for a girl I know in college.
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." --James 4:8

Upvote 0