Not sure where to go from here, LD guy friend of 3 years and serious feelings for him.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I’m meeting someone for the first time I use a tracking app. My best friend is on the other end and she can see my movements. We do it as a safety precaution.

I haven’t had any bad experiences. But I only meet in public places. I’ve had friends at my home. I was younger and the Internet was too and they were women.

I’d give thought to your familiarity. How well do you know him and his circumstances? I have pictures of my companion, his family, and resume. I know where we works and the places he visits. If he takes a trip I have pictures. If he’s traveling on business I know the event, where he’s staying, and when it ends. He isn’t secretive.

My best friend was the same way. She’s transparent and invited me into her world. Oftentimes they’re the most sincere and you won’t have a whopper to confront later on. They aren’t hiding.

If a man has no dating experience by 23 I’d want to know why. Unless he was raised in a community that abstains or believed he was called to singleness that isn’t the norm.

~bella

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean

RV: Statement of Purpose - Requests for Christian Advice Statement of Purpose
Statement of Purpose - Requests for Christian Advice Statement of Purpose

Requests for Christian Advice is a non-debate area for members to ask and receive Biblically-based, Christian advice for a struggle they are encountering.

Topics of sex or premarital sex are off topic and may not be discussed or promoted in the Christian Advice forum. If you wish to discuss this topic without promotion, please do so in the Men's Discussion only/Women's Discussion only private forums.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

eyeamnicegirl

Eyeamnicegirl
Sep 14, 2016
Nashville, TN
✟10,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK. Time for some tough love (via a stern response). If you want to meet this guy, get off your butt and make it happen; you will get your questions answered. Three years is way too long for you be in a never-met-in-person "relationship," and frankly, it's sort of pathetic. Take a week off of work, and go meet him. Drive if you have to. The virus is just your latest excuse for not meeting, and I do mean EXCUSE. You appear to be purposely avoiding meeting the guy (or he avoiding you, or mutual avoidence), while still wanting the attention you get via long distance, and a new excuse will come up after this virus is no longer a major issue.

Upvote 0