Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
i am really sorry that we live in a time when it is very hard to find a true church, but i prefer being a realist to living in satanic illusion

hopefully you will find a true church

Blessings
Thanks. I think things will get harder as time goes on, and as some churches close.

I'm a little disappointed that a thread I was participating in is now locked. I was going to respond to a misunderstanding that someone had about what I was saying about the Holy Spirit (probably my fault, as sometimes I have a hard time being clear), but I can't now. I didn't have time to form a response last night or this morning. But anyway, that has nothing to do with the current conversation -- I just somehow wanted to state that what was perceived wasn't what I meant.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks. I think things will get harder as time goes on, and as some churches close.

I'm a little disappointed that a thread I was participating in is now locked. I was going to respond to a misunderstanding that someone had about what I was saying about the Holy Spirit (probably my fault, as sometimes I have a hard time being clear), but I can't now. I didn't have time to form a response last night or this morning. But anyway, that has nothing to do with the current conversation -- I just somehow wanted to state that what was perceived wasn't what I meant.

same here - threads in cf have constantly been locked/closed, however, there is still a chance for yours to be opened (i saw it is closed for staff review)

i had felt a heavy burden and unpleasant sensation in spirit in many so-called churches when i visited them, and there had been a dark spiritual presence - the reason for that was that their faith had been very indiscriminate - there had not been the necessary systematization...

Blessings

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
same here - threads in cf have constantly been locked/closed, however, there is still a chance for yours to be opened (i saw it is closed for staff review)

i had felt a heavy burden and unpleasant sensation in spirit in many so-called churches when i visited them, and there had been a dark spiritual presence - the reason for that was that their faith had been very indiscriminate - there had not been the necessary systematization...

Blessings
Yes, that thread is under staff review.

What do you mean by saying that their faith had been very indiscriminate - there had not been the necessary systematization? And in what way?

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that thread is under staff review.

What do you mean by saying that their faith had been very indiscriminate - there had not been the necessary systematization? And in what way?

their spiritual leaders had not preached the true word of God (well enough) and had allowed there to be arbitrariness and iniquity in the faith, for example, many of their members/followers/worshipers did read all kinds of spiritual books - not only strange/suspicious/questionable "christian" books, but also esoteric/occult - they were influenced by them and their interpretation/understanding of the Bible was based on what they found in those books, also, they developed their faith by drawing ideas from all kinds of sources and building on them (including irreligious sciences such as history, archeology, political science, physics, biology, etc. and movies) - their spiritual leaders also preached such things, and approved such arbitrariness in their churches, which is why most of the members/followers/worshipers were not able to discern good and evil, nor did they know the things of God, and, despite all that perceptible mess, there had never been a serious change/reform..... on top of all old misbeliefs and muddy practices they had followed/supported for many generations...

i don't judge/condemn them - i feel sorry for them - but all that activity has unfortunately been at least a part of what has been generally useful to the satanic kingdom, not to the Kingdom of the true God...

Blessings

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
their spiritual leaders had not preached the true word of God (well enough) and had allowed there to be arbitrariness and iniquity in the faith, for example, many of their members/followers/worshipers did read all kinds of spiritual books - not only strange/suspicious/questionable "christian" books, but also esoteric/occult - they were influenced by them and their interpretation/understanding of the Bible was based on what they found in those books, also, they developed their faith by drawing ideas from all kinds of sources and building on them (including irreligious sciences such as history, archeology, political science, physics, biology, etc. and movies) - their spiritual leaders also preached such things, and approved such arbitrariness in their churches, which is why most of the members/followers/worshipers were not able to discern good and evil, nor did they know the things of God, and, despite all that perceptible mess, there had never been a serious change/reform..... on top of all old misbeliefs and muddy practices they had followed/supported for many generations...

i don't judge/condemn them - i feel sorry for them - but all that activity has unfortunately been at least a part of what has been generally useful to the satanic kingdom, not to the Kingdom of the true God...

Blessings
Thanks for explaining. I think that's generally true of many churches today, but not all of them. There are solid churches in every denomination, and there are churches that are off in every denomination. That's why it's important to look at what exactly is going on at an individual church, and what is being taught there. I wish that denominations in general would condemn false teaching today (not persecute and kill people like they did a few hundred years ago, but stand up and say "this is not Christian belief, and or denomination or church does not agree with it.")

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always recommend one find a Bible-only fellowship, and that to honor God and be in happy fellowship with those who value the Word for our lives. That is why I often suggest one see the ministry at the Biblecounsel.net site. It holds to Scripture and seeks the welfare of sincere seekers. Look up and trust God!

• Winner
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I always recommend one find a Bible-only fellowship, and that to honor God and be in happy fellowship with those who value the Word for our lives. That is why I often suggest one see the ministry at the Biblecounsel.net site. It holds to Scripture and seeks the welfare of sincere seekers. Look up and trust God!
Thanks. What exactly do you mean by a Bible-only fellowship?

I'm not really a seeker, as I know what I believe, and I know who I am in Christ. (If you meant seeker in terms of seeking out what to believe/not a Christian yet).

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most important thing is "...know who I am in Christ", as you say. For our walk then, testimony, honor to God, and such as 1 Cor. 12:25, obedience to "all the counsel of God" and be "...rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as God enjoins us, one must not deviate from Holy Scripture or take verses out of context ---would you say? That is essentially Bible-only.

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The most important thing is "...know who I am in Christ", as you say. For our walk then, testimony, honor to God, and such as 1 Cor. 12:25, obedience to "all the counsel of God" and be "...rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as God enjoins us, one must not deviate from Holy Scripture or take verses out of context ---would you say?
I believe we should follow Scripture as closely as we can, to the best understanding of Scripture that we can. (No person understands the Bible perfectly, and we should all feel open to correction.) We should seek to bring honor to God in all that we do, as best as we know how.

We should be obedient to God -- again, as best as we know how to and can.

Yes, we should rightly divide the Word of Truth as the Holy Spirit enables us to do.

I agree that people should try their best not to take verses out of context (although we all do come to Scripture with a bias, and sometimes that bias might come through in our interpretation of the meaning of a particular passage.)

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that is good as you say, but rather than speak about what "...we all do" in failure, each of us individually who are true "born again" believers needs to be very sure we are holding to God's Word and not after the religious ideas of most denominated sects. Bible-only is our ONLY authority for the Christian faith. I find such counsel as that at the Biblecounsel.net site. One can ask questions there. Look up always!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well, that is good as you say, but rather than speak about what "...we all do" in failure, each of us individually who are true "born again" believers needs to be very sure we are holding to God's Word and not after the religious ideas of most denominated sects. Bible-only is our ONLY authority for the Christian faith. I find such counsel as that at the Biblecounsel.net site. One can ask questions there. Look up always!
Thank you. I will check it out some more.

Upvote 0

FaithfulPilgrim

Eternally Seeking
Feb 8, 2015
South Carolina
✟39,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really? I had always thought Baptists were Calvinists, or at least most of them.

Yes, there are more conservative Wesleyan groups, but unfortunately, none of them are in my area. That may change if the denomination splits, so I will keep this in mind.

Thanks so much for your response.

Well, it depends on the Baptist Fellowship. Some denominations are more Calvinist while others lean Arminian. Southern Baptists are a mixed bag, as some churches within the SBC lean Calvinist while others lean Arminian. Either way, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem as Southern Baptist congregations do not demand conformity in that area and you may have Calvinists and Arminians worshiping in the same church.

You could also take a look at Free Will Baptists.

Upvote 0