Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
You were the one who said you wanted to talk about it in post #12.
I brought it up in my opening post so that people could give me suggetions about an appropriate church that would reflect my views.
I still don't see why you are so eager to judge.

Upvote 0

94Tamara

Sep 24, 2018
Brabant
✟8,289.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I grew up in the Methodist church, but switched to Baptist when I was 18. I have experienced in the last ten years some church hurt experiences that have made me question if I am truly Baptist or best fit in the Baptist faith. I don't really believe that all that is required to be saved is the "sinner's prayer". In fact, I don't see that in the Bible at all. I believe salvation is an act of God as it says in Colossians 1:13-14. It is through Him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
I don't believe in infant baptism or speaking in tongues.
I want to be a part of a church that responds to social needs such as food, clothing, other needs
I want to be a part of a church where there is strong Bible teaching

Have you thought about studying the Bible for yourself first, and then finding your faith?
So many denominations say that they preach the true word of God, but I think it is important to discern for yourself.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you thought about studying the Bible for yourself first, and then finding your faith?
So many denominations say that they preach the true word of God, but I think it is important to discern for yourself.
Thank you. I do study the Bible myself all the time and have for over 30 years

Upvote 0

mel.

Oct 17, 2018
Michigan
✟15,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I grew up in the Methodist church, but switched to Baptist when I was 18. I have experienced in the last ten years some church hurt experiences that have made me question if I am truly Baptist or best fit in the Baptist faith. I don't really believe that all that is required to be saved is the "sinner's prayer". In fact, I don't see that in the Bible at all. I believe salvation is an act of God as it says in Colossians 1:13-14. It is through Him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
I don't believe in infant baptism or speaking in tongues.
I want to be a part of a church that responds to social needs such as food, clothing, other needs
I want to be a part of a church where there is strong Bible teaching

Have you ever considered a non-denominational church? They can vary a lot based on where you go but the 6 or so I've tried in the last few years have all had a great Bible teaching message and excellent outreach opportunities.

Upvote 0

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I joined a Baptist church this last Sunday.
Glad to hear that you found somewhere that works for your beliefs! I pray that you are happy and spiritually uplifted there :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0