• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

not sure what to do with this

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do with this to be honest.
I'm too old to have children, not in a relationship, so here I am watching a baby dedication at my church and its difficult.
I will be an elderly person with no children to help me.
its difficult not to be depressed at times because life is lonely.
I dont know if there is any solution to not feeling down.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm too old to have children, not in a relationship, so here I am watching a baby dedication at my church and its difficult.

You will not be alone there are many people who will have the same circumstance. Then there are the people who did have children who could care less what happens to their elderly parents.

Just trust in God to keep you well.

• Informative
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

I will be in the same boat. I will be 50 in three months and I've been single most of my life. I've never been married and I never had kids.

I stay focused on Jesus' soon return. I know I'm too old to have kids. As for who will take care of me when I am elderly, it's not on my radar, as I truly believe Jesus will return before that happens.

If by chance I end up elderly and still alone (before Jesus returns), I'll have worked toward being healthy (veganism) and staying active, so that I won't need help when I'm elderly. Keeping active is important, even if it's just walking.

My grandmother lived into her 90's because she started walking in her 50's. Even while living at a nursing home, she was still walking around.

There is hope to be found in looking toward heaven. Just put your faith in Him.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes old age is a real challenge for anyone in particular for those who are depressed. To bring your depressive feelings to God and let His loving truth give you comfort, is the answer.

This is what i have done when i was in my pit all these years ago knowing i had a depressive illness and i would have depressive bouts all my life. i let Jesus rebuild me. End result i'm not in my pit any more, sure i still suffer from depression but it can't get me down that pit any more. His loving promises rebuild me and gave me the ability to endure my depressive bouts. Life has been much better ever since. Every day i seek Him out. Every day He helps me through. Every day He loves me true.

The same for you building a close relationship with Jesus will keep you going also through those long lonely hours. Bring Him your worries and your fears and let His loving truth cast out the fear and comfort you the fearful one.

There are a lot of old people who have kids but who hardly ever, if ever come to visit. Nursing homes have a good share of bitter old people who hate their lives and can't wait to die i have found out to be true.

Did you know that suicide is the highest among the elderly? That is because so many loose their good life along with their former activities, which they are no longer able to do now they are old.

So build a strong relationship with Jesus, so that He can get you through this difficult time.

Be of good courage He can, and will, support you through this time.

• Informative
Upvote 0