✟7,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone! My name is Taylor.
I won't go into to much detail as this is a hi. I was bought up as a Christian and went to church in my younger years. I've always believed in God, even though I've always gone back and forth talking to him, being angry at him and loving him. I feel like the devil is fighting so hard to get me away from him and I don't know how to get him away. I pray but it almost feels like there's a block, something isn't right or true of the words I'm saying. I know I believe in God and want a better relationship with him, but it feels like there is this massive obstacle in the way, almost like I'm being told not to believe which I'm guessing is the devil? Eveytime I go to God and try and get closer to him I feel like my life falls apart more. Which my mum said that's the devil trying to edge his way back in my life. Something that is hard for me to say. I used to be a lesbian. I say used to, I am not attracted to men, I never have been from since I can remember and I don't think I ever will be. BUT I know now that god does not want me to be in any relationship and I have now decided to not act on my sexualty and give my life to god. I spent many years getting into relationships with women and it's now been a year free of that because that isn't my path personally. I'm happy being single for my whole life and just devoting myself to the lord now. Yes I'm young but this is what god wants me to do. What has bought me back to the lord is I'm scared I'm very scared. I have severe mental health problems and my anxiety has taken over my life. I am due to have an operation to get 7 teeth removed but the thought of it has made me not seek help for over a year now with the amount of pain im in everyday. I have been in pain for nearly a year and a half now and I'm meant to be having an op soon to get them removed but I am so scared and so anxious. I have prayed so much for god to heal me, for him to take this burden away so I can start getting my life back together. The anxiety has made me so ill worrying all the time about when it's going to happen. I just want to be healed from all this pain and for the anxiety to stop. I'm sorry if this is a long post but thank you if you read it. If you could please add me to your prayers that god could heal my teeth I would be so grateful. Because I'm scared that when I even go in hospital I'll be to anxious for them to even go ahead with it. I'm unsure how to pray for these miracles and I guess I need some guidance to get back to god without the devil holding me back. Thank you ❤️

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I won't go into to much detail as this is a hi. I was bought up as a Christian and went to church in my younger years. I've always believed in God, even though I've always gone back and forth talking to him, being angry at him and loving him. I feel like the devil is fighting so hard to get me away from him and I don't know how to get him away. I pray but it almost feels like there's a block, something isn't right or true of the words I'm saying. I know I believe in God and want a better relationship with him, but it feels like there is this massive obstacle in the way, almost like I'm being told not to believe which I'm guessing is the devil? Eveytime I go to God and try and get closer to him I feel like my life falls apart more. Which my mum said that's the devil trying to edge his way back in my life. Something that is hard for me to say. I used to be a lesbian. I say used to, I am not attracted to men, I never have been from since I can remember and I don't think I ever will be. BUT I know now that god does not want me to be in any relationship and I have now decided to not act on my sexualty and give my life to god. I spent many years getting into relationships with women and it's now been a year free of that because that isn't my path personally. I'm happy being single for my whole life and just devoting myself to the lord now. Yes I'm young but this is what god wants me to do. What has bought me back to the lord is I'm scared I'm very scared. I have severe mental health problems and my anxiety has taken over my life. I am due to have an operation to get 7 teeth removed but the thought of it has made me not seek help for over a year now with the amount of pain im in everyday. I have been in pain for nearly a year and a half now and I'm meant to be having an op soon to get them removed but I am so scared and so anxious. I have prayed so much for god to heal me, for him to take this burden away so I can start getting my life back together. The anxiety has made me so ill worrying all the time about when it's going to happen. I just want to be healed from all this pain and for the anxiety to stop. I'm sorry if this is a long post but thank you if you read it. If you could please add me to your prayers that god could heal my teeth I would be so grateful. Because I'm scared that when I even go in hospital I'll be to anxious for them to even go ahead with it. I'm unsure how to pray for these miracles and I guess I need some guidance to get back to god without the devil holding me back. Thank you ❤️
About 20 years ago, I had to have an extraction. Routine, I thought. I'd had a tooth removed some years before. The next one was not routine. I won't freak you out with details. I prayed much because I am chicken when it comes to dentists. I spent about 2 hours in the chair. Rather than deliver me from the ordeal, the Lord kept me above it. I even joked with the dentist. That was not me. He told me that I had the strongest jaw he had ever encountered. I'd spent most of my life worrying about how fragile my bones were. How dumb is that?

Taylor, you sure need some help and Lord Jesus is just the One to provide it. He can do what you cannot. Whatever your problem, Lord Jesus is bigger. He's seen every human frailty and knows every weakness. You are no longer alone. Satan is already defeated. He will lie to you and blow himself up like a balloon. That's all he can do, he has no power that Lord Jesus cannot overcome. Of course we will pray for you. Throw yourself on His mercy and grace. He never refuses to help those who come to Him. Ask Him to show you how much He loves you. When you see that, your fears will subside because love casts out fear. I will ask Lord Jesus to wrap you up in His love and comfort you in this affliction. I'm sure many others are praying too.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Understand that your greatest need is to be redeemed from your sins and justified before God. Seek to understand the Gospel message in Scripture and make the response the Lord is expecting from you towards that end. You can surely have redemption and justification in Christ Jesus- and how things go with your teeth will neither keep you from that nor cause you to have that. But having that will give you peace with God so that you'll be able to know He's with you and is working things out for your good no matter how the operation goes and no matter how your life should otherwise come together or fall apart.

We need to exercise a true repentance over sin and a living faith in Jesus Christ. These are terms though that need a lot of definition, but it can be said succinctly that God's violated Law and Honor lie at the heart of what He is seeking to remedy by the Gospel and of why we need redemption. Jesus Christ is rightful Lord of mankind and only the blood He shed on the cross can wash away the sins of a guilty individual. Calling on Him being absolutely persuaded that He rightfully owns you, that you need to come into line with His Law, and that you have no hope of redemption and salvation if He cleanses you not by His blood would be the moment one truly believes the Gospel and can properly claim to be redeemed and justified before God. It is the Holy Spirit that bears witness to an individual that God has accepted a person's faith repentance and faith, yet there are ways which the Bible details to see this acceptable repentance and faith demonstrated and lived out also so that it can be objectively tested to a great degree. When the Apostle Paul became a Christian "And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do." (Acts 9:6) There will be a surrender of the same nature and dealings of a similar nature afterward in order to actualize that surrender when anyone truly becomes a Christian. God wants us trust in Him and believe in Him enough to be willing to live by every Word of His in the Bible (Matthew 4:4) and to follow through on doing so from there.

That's the strait gate and the narrow ways that leads to life; you will not be ashamed and disappointed ultimately on judgment Day and in eternity by choosing to serve the Lord and taking that path, however your life on earth turns out. And you will be able as you are on that path to have boldness in the Lord and to know Him as a Friend and Helper who carries your burdens and comforts you in whatever trouble you must go through as you continue to trust in Him. His ultimate goal is to heal our sin-stricken souls and to make us an eternal treasure for His name's sake (Psalm 23, Romans 8, Revelation 21-22, etc)!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yah, You are our Peace, Comfort, Healer, and our Upholder...thank You for Your Holy Breath that raises us up again and again,in Yahshua ha Mashiach. Amen.

Hello Sister,welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the family of ex homosexuals and lesbians. There is a global community online. It just needs to be searched out. Don't be so sure about never having attraction, God can change your heart and do miracles, I know He has in me. In my particular case I was let go from a job due to a plant closure, and our whole department was let go. I was also going through some theological problems, some bible difficulties that I could not reconcile (God fixed that a few years later too). But I went through a nervous break down and in the mean while was put into a new type of Job I had never done. So it was even worse. I started thinking my children were robots and the government was after me. During this type of skitsophrenia, I also started having same sex attraction for my male coworkers, that were able to work just fine. After medication managment and being a year on disability, and of course with lots and lots of prayer and a faithful wife, I was healed of my homosexuality 100%. Some people have a similiar situation as mine, and it's due to a tramatic situation, or mental health. Homosexuality was originally diagnosed as a pathology and treated as a mental issue for decades. So it can still be the case. Other times it can come from an incorrect family relation ship with a father role model or mother. If one has an over bearing or absent father or mother, one can naturally be attracted to the sex that abandoned them as a child. So again with biblical counseling and some healthy relationships this can be healed as well. God can do anything, miracles happen every day and God can do things very fast in your life through faith. But I think you are making a wise decision to abstain from relationships, at least in a physical sense. There is no need to abstain from hanging out with friends and youth groups and church fellowship. Make sure you are in a judgment free zone and in a loving christian family. I have always had an amazing church body since high school, and amazing family and friends and that always helps with problems like yours and mine.
I certainly understand your fear of operations, and dentists. This is not uncommon in young people. But simply look up reviews of dentists in your area, make sure they advertise that they can do molar root canals, which I guess is a hard procedure. That is a good test of a good dentist. Also don't forget to pray lots, and I will add you to my prayer list, sister. God bless you and thanks for sharing.

here are some things I am learning that may encourage you:

1. "Don't let a little uncertainty talk you out of who you're becoming"
  2. "The enemy can knock at the door, but he can’t have you. You belong to God."
  3. "If you & God have already dealt with your sin, don’t allow anyone to hold it over your head."

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There are people out there who can relate to your difficulties because they have them too. I had 12 teeth removed once upon a time. When you find these people, you can help them by being a friend to them.

This will help all your problems. The more you help others, the better for you.
The more you pull away, the more your problems will increase.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't worry about not being attracted to men. I know you haven't brought it up specifically but often many will try and erase their desires for the same sex by diving into relationships they aren't really invested in which isn't a good idea; you can't force a feeling that isn't there. It seems to me you are taking the healthy approach and rather than pretending you don't have the desires or trying to "fix" them you simply are focusing on the Lord which is a good thing.

Christ tells us in order to follow him we must deny ourselves first and it seems you have started on this journey of self-denial in order to follow him and you should be applauded for these steps. You may always have these same-sex desires but what happens is our identify with "self" shrinks and our identity with Christ increases to such a degree that although the desires may still be there they are so small in comparison to Christ it doesn't matter. Talk to any Christian and we all have our self-identity that is in constant battle with our Christ-identity and this battle never goes away. It is different stuff for different people, but Christ calls us to deny them and to follow him.

in regards to deepening your walk with Christ, prayer or "talking" to him is a good thing but also being engaged in a healthy community of believers is a vital part of Christian living. It feels like you're currently not actively attending a church so if the church is just another source of anxiety for you then don't go. Sunday church is not the end-all source of Christian fellowship and I would argue small groups and meeting in homes is more beneficial. Perhaps you may want to find a home cell group or even "house church" to attend which may even be mid-week as your "church". our social needs differ and a big building with a bunch of people with preaching for an hour may not be our thing. small groups allow for much more interaction and intimacy among the participates and in the end can produce far greater connections with people who can help you with your walk with God.

Doing it alone is simply not a good choice so if you can't do anything else, find someone outside your family you can commune with that is also a believer, a group is better that has some mature believers as well as new believers in it. Anxiety is not something you can wish away, Christ tells us not to be anxious about anything as he cares for us greater than all of creation in its splendour. But if you have anxiety issues this is easier to say than do. Engaging in a community of believers however is going to help balance these things so this would be the best area to start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
don't worry about your mental health, make sure you take your medication, see your doctor regularly. And TRUST God. During my mental breakdown, it was a particular sweet time with the Lord. My questions about the Bible were all answered, I got a secure Job. All my fears were alleviated. At least the fears that had caused the mental break. God blessed me in the later years with special revelations and visions, and to this day I have visions in my dreams. So don't think for a second that God does not have a special calling on your life. Don't be afraid to call out to Him, and have a special relationship during this trial. In the shortest verse of the bible it says "Jesus wept". and to me, that shows that sometimes it’s okay not to be okay.

Upvote 0

caring 2018

Oct 8, 2018
Alachua County
✟13,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Taylor,
I am glad you reached out here. Thank you for sharing your story and what is going on in your heart and physically. Our mind can cause ourselves a lot of stress. When we focus on the situation and not God we hurt ourselves. God is always there by our side, loving us, protecting us, and guiding us. He is our rock and fortress. When we lose site of that we cause ourselves such pain and grief. I too often cause myself anxiety, worry, and fear because I look at the circumstance and not God. He is so much bigger, stronger, and powerful than we can ever understand. If we just totally rely on Him he takes care of us. We don't have to worry or fear because He has us in the palm of His hand. He knows every hair on our head and He knows the future for us. Our job is just to trust and obey. Here are some verses that help me in all circumstances that we go through in life: Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. (The beyond my own understanding has been what really helps me - God is so much bigger than our understanding - there is a whole spiritual world we don't really understand but that is where faith and trust comes in). The other verse is Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything but with prayer and petition present your request to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (There again is the beyond our understanding). God provides us peace when we allow Him to be in total control of our lives. I will be praying for your teeth. But say to yourself God's Got This. He will make the way, just remember to believe that. He only wants the best for us. I memorized the above verses. Hiding God's word in our hearts really gives us the comfort we need, especially in tough situations and circumstance. The final verse I'd like to share is Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you; plans to give hope and a future. Take time to pray daily, read the word, meditate on the word, listen to Christian Music and Christian Sermons. Two of my favorite pastors to listen to is Joel Olsteen and Pastor Steve Furtick. I find their sermons on YouTube. Here is one to start out with Joel Osteen - God's Got This. Say those words every day: God's Got This. My prayers are with you. Reach out anytime. I am here to chat. Hugs and Blessings~

Upvote 0