Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
no idea. i do know there are many of them with these so called visions and revelations all saying the same thing: Jesus will only accpet you into Heaven if you are good enough. impossible for me.
Lots of people claim to have visions and revelations. Many of them are not prophets of God. You can't go around accepting everything that these people claim, especially when it's as specious as only 2% of Christians getting to Heaven, or the only people that get to go to Heaven also happen to agree with the brand of legalism that they preach. If the New Testament contradicts their claim, don't believe it. You'll save yourself a lot of stress that way.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
OK,i believe heaven exists. but i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven. so why did Jesus bother dying for so small a number? i mean, i guess it is nice for THEM that He did but what about the rest of us?

You heard a prophet? We haven't had prophets for several millennia.

Jesus died for a great multitude of people (Revelation 7:9), so numerous that we cannot count. If you think that is small, you need to try counting the stars or every grains of sand as a starter.

Besides, why does that bother you? If you were the only one who went to heaven, would you forsake Christ? If the whole world went to hell, would you follow, or would you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus?

• Agree
Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟483,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@WrappedUpinHisLove3 re:not sure i believe in heaven anymore and 2%

I have referred to that 2% figure myself. And it is sure to get a conversation going, or else stunned silence. Scripture says not everybody who says Lord Lord is with me...and narrow is the gate.... it just seems to be in mid 20th Century that this idea of accept jesus christ has come about and all you have to do is sign a card, et cetera. That is not faith, that is belief, an intellectual assent not real faith. One of my favorite web preachers would call that false belief, or false assurance. For long passed to his reward, preacher of the Word, A.W. Tozer check out : "What it Means to Accept Christ"

The wide gate is apparently what some people believe in. 90% believe? 50? even 20? I am a skeptic on that. Only God knows.

I shudder whenever I hear the phrase "once saved always saved" because probably not far behind it you will hear preachers proclaim never ever ever question your faith. That leads to never ever ever asking God for forgiveness of ones sins, and never ever ever examining ones self . EDIT

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Mari_magdel

Bible hugger
Jun 14, 2020
Missouri
Visit site
✟19,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK,i believe heaven exists. but i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven. so why did Jesus bother dying for so small a number? i mean, i guess it is nice for THEM that He did but what about the rest of us?
I need clarification. What scripture of heaven are you having a problem with?

• Useful
Reactions: A_JAY
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@WrappedUpinHisLove3 re:not sure i believe in heaven anymore and 2%

I have referred to that 2% figure myself. And it is sure to get a conversation going, or else stunned silence. Scripture says not everybody who says Lord Lord is with me...and narrow is the gate.... it just seems to be in mid 20th Century that this idea of accept jesus christ has come about and all you have to do is sign a card, et cetera. That is not faith, that is belief, an intellectual assent not real faith. One of my favorite web preachers would call that false belief, or false assurance. For long passed to his reward, preacher of the Word, A.W. Tozer check out : "What it Means to Accept Christ"

The wide gate is apparently what some people believe in. 90% believe? 50? even 20? I am a skeptic on that. Only God knows.

I shudder whenever I hear the phrase "once saved always saved" because probably not far behind it you will hear preachers proclaim never ever ever question your faith. That leads to never ever ever asking God for forgiveness of ones sins, and never ever ever examining ones self . EDIT

oh i agree with you- being save disn't just abput praying a prayer once, it is about being contnualy transformed to be mor elike Jesus. and all who are born again and remain in Jesus (persevere in their faith until the end) will be saved. so "few" means compared to the rest of the world. we born again believers are a small minority compared to them.....I have since posting this thread been shown the truth and reassured of my faith and am so happy now :)

Reactions: A_JAY
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
but isnt there a new covenant now spiritualy which means we can be saved through being born again in Jesus and receiving His holy spirit to help us overcome real sins?

The phrase "New Covenant" is one you hear about a lot in Christian circles - but what does the actual bible say about? Where is it found in the Bible? How is that many people refer to the phrase - but "never quote the New Covenant"??

Answer: Because what the Bible says is the New Covenant is not what most people would have at first imagined.

You should be asking yourself that same question "why do I hear so many Christians talking ABOUT the New Covenant but no one quotes it?".

Well.. here it - right out of scripture -- in the OT where it belongs.

Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord,
I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it;
and I will be their God,
and they shall be My people.
34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord,
“for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

And we find that in Hebrews 8:6-12 it is "unchanged" - no different in NT or OT

hmmm..I hear someone ask "now why has no one mentioned that before?"

Jeremiah 31 still aplies to us, Israel, as it did back then. the church of gentiles has been grafted into Israel. we are now aprt of that covenant, Jew and Gentile, those who kep Kosher and Sabbath, and those who do not..... we live now by Jesus words and fulfill ALL His commandments by loving Him and others. so yes, same covenant. all the OT was a shadow of what i snow.

Gal 1:6-9 there is only one Gospel
Gal 3:8 - that Gospel was preached to Abraham.
Isaiah 66:23 for all eternity after the cross "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship"
1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is keeping the commandments of God"
Rev 14:12 "the saints Keep the commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
1 John 5:2-3 "This IS the Love of God that we KEEP his commandments"

Where His commandments include that unique unit of law where "the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment - Eph 6:1-2

"There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God" Heb 4

It is the believing gentiles in Acts 13 that ask for more gospel preaching "the next Sabbath"
Acts 13
42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

In fact "every Sabbath" Acts 18:4

========

God condemns no one for the limited amount of truth that we each have -- rather we are judged by what we do with it... by whether we have a love of the truth or we "draw a line with God".

In Matthew 16 Peter was tempted to "draw the line" with God and Jesus responded to him "git thee behind me satan". We must not draw lines on what we will permit God to teach us "next".

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
ok then maybe there is aheaven. but for only 2% of people? no. that is not aloving God who would choos eonly a handful
We believe that 2% is inaccurate. The only ones going to hell are the ones who refuse to try to stop sinning.

Upvote 0