California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
no but would Jesus die even if it were just like 5 people? 1 person? seriously???! he loves just one person that much??

He died for His one and only Bride...one Person!

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That does not say what you want it to say---I've been through threads and threads on this---there is not one single verse that says there is salvation after death, nothing states anyone comes out of the lake of fire to be with God for eternity.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Didn't realize I was talking about that, however 1 Peter 4:6 talks about gospel being preached to the dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
no but would Jesus die even if it were just like 5 people? 1 person? seriously???! he loves just one person that much??

Absolutely! He already paid the price for all---it is us that doesn't choose that salvation. Like it is pointed out in Rev 7. Have you ever studied the dimensions of the New Jerusalem? The city alone is as big as the entire state of Colorado and it is over 375 miles high! Plenty of room for everyone! That is our heavenly city home which Jesus is making for us, we get to build our country homes after the 1000 years.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Didn't realize I was talking about that, however 1Peter 4:6 talks about gospel being preached to the dead.

It's easier to follow when you post your scriptures to support.

Ecc 9:3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
Ecc 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

However, state of the dead is not the topic.

• Informative
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK,i believe heaven exists. but i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven. so why did Jesus bother dying for so small a number? i mean, i guess it is nice for THEM that He did but what about the rest of us?
When someone is promoted as a prophet either by themselves or someone else and makes such a statement my first reaction is not to question what I know but the veracity of the prophet. I suppose this is some hidden wisdom revealed to only this prophet? I don't think so. God's Word supersedes anything a prophet may utter.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i am just tired of trying to be the 2%??? tired. i want done with this.

And what did this prophet say you must do to be one of the 2%? You don't find this to be odd at all?

• Agree
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it was a prophet. she involved in the holiness church. she warned me i need ot take off my make up and hiugh heels to be accepted

I will go out on the limb here. This is no prophet or prophetess. This is legalistic person attempting to push her legalism into you life to bind you to it. Read Galatians Chapter 5 and understand.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
just a random lady on facebook

And you listened to her why?

I'm getting a little sick of the continual posts in this vein. I think you need to take some responsibility for what happens when you look for spiritual advice in the wrong places.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK,i believe heaven exists. but i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven. so why did Jesus bother dying for so small a number? i mean, i guess it is nice for THEM that He did but what about the rest of us?
It sounds like you're doubting the prophet not heaven.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

To give such numbers is simply stupid. Sorry, but that's my opinion. Jesus never gave a number, why should we? I think the reason reason Jesus talked about the narrow road, is because we are to take our walk with him seriously. We can't live like the world does, but there is also forgiveness where we fail. The Bible could have been called The Book of Forgiveness, because the Bible draws it's meaning from the forgiveness through the cross.

Revelation 7:9
After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands

This is good! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i am just tired of trying to be the 2%??? tired. i want done with this.

Who said that only 2% of Christians go to heaven - God, or a human being?
How do they know it's only 2%?
If you have accepted Jesus as your Saviour, confessed him as Lord and believe that God raised him from the dead, you are saved Romans 10:9, and nothing can separate you from God's love, Romans 8:38-39. That means that you have eternal life and will be with God forever.

Maybe they mean 2% of all those who go to church or believe themselves to be Christians are actually saved - there is a big difference between sitting in church singing hymns and actually having a relationship with God, and trusting in Jesus for salvation and not good works.
I wouldn't like to say that it is as low as 2% across the whole world, but it's possible.

You don't need to TRY to be the 2%, just trust in Jesus; he has done it all.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but hang on, why do we need to keep passover t be saved from plagues? this curren tplague isnt gods judgement. we are not in those days yet

We don't need to keep Passover.
At the last Passover meal he had before he died, Jesus took bread and said, "this is my body; do this in memory of me."

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it was a prophet. she involved in the holiness church. she warned me i need ot take off my make up and hiugh heels to be accepted

Accepted by who - them, or God?
Clue, it wasn't God. So ask yourself; do you want to be accepted by them?

You have a brilliant username which is true; you ARE wrapped in his love. You also seem to have an awareness of the gifts that he has given you - and the post you wrote in another thread about being sad that people acted like scared puppies before God, waiting to be whipped, was spot on.

I get that you would want to find other prophets for Christian fellowship and support, but please don't believe everyone who says that they have that gift, and accept every teaching, and/or burden, that they seek to place on you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Does what this person say match scripture?
Can you find me a scripture saying only 2% will go to heaven?
Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

What does it mean when a 'teacher' or 'prophet' say something that contradicts scripture?
I will tell you, they are not a prophet.
Matthew 7:15
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Know the scripture and test the spirits and if they do not preach the same Gospel, separate from them.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you hang around CF long enough you’ll hear of people claiming prophetic powers saying lots of things. I’m sure it’s upsetting to hear this kind of warning, but I don’t think this is scriptural.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Which is not the same as saying that Jesus died only for a few.

Really? So when Abraham was promised BY God descendants as numerous as the stars from every tongue, people, and nation God was lying? God was also lying to John when in Revelation 7:9 he saw this very same large multitude of people? It was a false vision? Why not discredit the rest of the Bible if you want to do that, because most of the content in the Bible was either prophecies from God, visions, or what people actually witnessed.

Sorry, I'll believe what the Bible REALLY says about the Elect of God. Not what somebody has come up with in their head.

When Jesus said few will find the narrow path to life he meant in the "Compared to the total world's population, few will go down this path." Not that only a few people will be saved. God and scripture are clear the saved will be a great number. Even the 144,000 Jews that will be sealed during the Tribulation are a large enough number in itself. A much more vast number of people than that will be saved in the end! In order for it to be a number that no man can count it would have to be a number in the hundreds of millions if not billions. But, that's few compared to how many trillions of people that have walked this planet over the last 6,000 years of this worlds history? Regardless of that, it's still, large number. It'd still be a one hundreth of the worlds total population in the least of sense...

OP, don't listen to few being saved it isn't true. Many people will be saved, so numerous that nobody would be able to count them all. From every tribe, people and language.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0