Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess you didn't get the memo---He would have died, even if it had been only for you. No one knows the percentage and to Him it is worth it whatever it is. This is for everyone that He died---it is a done deal. The problem is that not many choose to accept His sacrifice. Never the less---it is there, free for the asking. Sadly, many refuse. He has already chosen everyone---sadly, not everyone chooses Him.
I do 100%

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
oh ok. it just seem slike jesus did not need to put himself throug that for so few so insignificant a number...........

But where have you dreamed up this 2% anyway. We do read,

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands"

So where are you getting 2%? So you've allowed yourself to get discouraged over a speculative notion you have that can't even be backed up with facts.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Fire Fall

In the tragic
Jesus cures you
He transforms you
He makes you new

People will sing
An unumberable count
The day Jesus
Steps on Olives Mount

All who believe
Shall be made glory
For His might
Shall refine every worry

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven.
Don't give credence to such percentages. God has not set such a cutoff as your warped logic (no offense meant; that is how OCD rolls) has turned that phrase into.

Be faithful to the revelation that you have,
continue to follow after His Spirit and you will do okay.

"He has shown you, O @WrappedUpinHisLove3, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
  • But to do justly,
  • To love mercy,
  • And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8 NKJV

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But where have you dreamed up this 2% anyway. We do read,

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands"

So where are you getting 2%? So you've allowed yourself to get discouraged over a speculative notion you have that can't even be backed up with facts.

it was a prophet. she involved in the holiness church. she warned me i need ot take off my make up and hiugh heels to be accepted

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
it was a prophet. she involved in the holiness church. she warned me i need ot take off my make up and hiugh heels to be accepted
Wow really? Wow does that still happen in 21st century? Song of Solomon 4:7

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
OK,i believe heaven exists. but i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven. so why did Jesus bother dying for so small a number? i mean, i guess it is nice for THEM that He did but what about the rest of us?

I wouldn't listen to a prophet. I'd listen to what Jesus says in the gospels, and what Paul and John say in their epistles. I don't think anywhere in there there's a set number, yes, it's gonna be a minority of people but that doesn't mean one of those people can't be you, or anyone you know that you win over to Christ.
But for heaven itself.. that's not our final destination anyways (it's a layover). We get a new version of earth and are resurrected in physical bodies that do not die.
God has promised you a real world that you can touch, not a spiritual floaty formless ethereal eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If she thinks that is what makes one holy, she disqualifies herself as a prophetess. Is that the church you have been attending so far?

It's no wonder you have been struggling with/pushing legalism. God tells us to change and give up things from time-to-time but not that way. It arises from internal conviction of the Holy Spirit, as you grow in Him.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If she thinks that is what makes one holy, she disqualifies herself as a prophetess. Is that the church you have been attending so far?

It's no wonder you have been struggling with/pushing legalism. God tells us to change and give up things from time-to-time but not that way. It arises from internal conviction of the Holy Spirit, as you grow in Him.

no, not my church. just a random lady on facebook. i could never go to a church like that. i grew up in a horrible legalsitic one and have decided am just sticking to very inclusive churches from now on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i grew up in a horrible legalsitic one and have decided am just sticking to very inclusive churches from now on!
Holiness IS a requirement for Heaven, but it is maintained three ways,
  1. Following where God leads you. (Read your Bible & go to church to get directions.)
  2. Obeying whatever He tells you to do.
  3. And repenting on those occasions where you fail to do either of the above [1 John 1:9].

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
OK,i believe heaven exists. but i heard a prophet say recently that only 2% christians go to heaven. so why did Jesus bother dying for so small a number? i mean, i guess it is nice for THEM that He did but what about the rest of us?
Revelation 7:
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

There will be a great multitude that no man can number that will enter into heaven. Not everyone will enter into it though as many will not make it in because they chose not to keep his commandments out of faith(Matt 7:22-23). Even taking this into consideration still a great multitude that no man can number will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Holiness IS a requirement for Heaven, but it is maintained three ways,
  1. Following where God leads you. (Read your Bible & go to church to get directions.)
  2. Obeying whatever He tells you to do.
  3. And repenting on those occasions where you fail to do either of the above [1 John 1:9].

oh ican do those things. i do those things anyway. number 3 i do daily!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 7:
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

There will be a great multitude that no man can number that will enter into heaven. Not everyone will enter into it though as many will not make it in because they chose not to keep his commandments out of faith(Matt 7:22-23). Even taking this into consideration still a great multitude that no man can number will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Hope this helps

I do find that very comforting and helpful, thank you

• Informative
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
no but would Jesus die even if it were just like 5 people? 1 person? seriously???! he loves just one person that much??
Yes He would. Don't you understand rebellious angels changed God's plan for humanity. Giving humans knowledge God did not want them to have. His love is beyond understanding, how would you describe His love. Abraham asked God the same question.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
John 6:39

That does not say what you want it to say---I've been through threads and threads on this---there is not one single verse that says there is salvation after death, nothing states anyone comes out of the lake of fire to be with God for eternity.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• Informative
Upvote 0