• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Not Proud Of My Heritage

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I swear to you I'm Italian. 100 percent. I must admit that your right. It's the media, far left wingers, and white guilt that's making me think this way. But it's also nasty comments from youtubers and quoras

If these things affect you this much don't go near them because it's doing you no favours. Seek truth no political nonsense.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

Peace be with you Sister

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If these things affect you this much don't go near them because it's doing you no favours. Seek truth no political nonsense.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

Peace be with you brother

I'm trying to not let this bother me but I can't. I wish I was better off non european at times. I know it sounds wrong and idiotic but that's how I feel

Btw I'm a woman

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to not let this bother me but I can't. I wish I was better off non european at times. I know it sounds wrong and idiotic but that's how I feel

Btw I'm a woman

Sorry, I presumed you were a guy, didn't look to check.

That saddens me even more.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope my thread wont be sensitive or controversial. But I need to vent. Besides the fact I fear of going to hell, I have this on my mind. I felt this way for years but now things are getting worse in the world now thanks to the media and government. I'm feeling more ashamed and less proud of my heritage (Italian). It literally hurts me when people call them racists, mafias, bringing up what Columbus did, and of what the Roman Empire did. I'm starting to wish that I was a different nationality. Now I'm afraid to tell people what my background is bc I fear they will judge me. Does anyone here feel the same way? Or had felt the same way? Again I don't mean to have this topic come as offensive. If so, I will ask the MOD to remove it

Where do people bang on about Italians? Is that a thing in the US?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
US and youtubers

I would say you have 2 options, either thoroughly research the issues so you can point out how superficial their ideas are, or just forget about it. The world is full of morons who think they know what they are talking about. Italy has an amazing cultural heritage, something to be proud of. I wouldn’t let some cretin on you tube bother you with a lot of silly notions.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,654.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From God's viewpoint.
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now the world rejects God, and will not see it that way. They have hatred and anger in their hearts, which only coming to Jesus can fix. It's not your fault, however please realize that it is their heart that is the problem, not your heritage.

What comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this is what defiles. For out of the heart come evil intentions, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It just does, don't really know why. Probably because Italian women in my world was always the centre of the home, the heart beat, the warmth, the kindness. I truly think, may be I shouldn't, that Italian women are special, well at least to me.

I remember how my Italian great aunt, I didn't have a nonna or nonno, use to be so proud and be so joyful of her heritage, culture and her precious family. I remember the joy she had of bringing the family together for meals and celebrations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It just does, don't really know why. Probably because Italian women in my world was always the centre of the home, the heart beat, the warmth, the kindness. I truly think, may be I shouldn't, that Italian women are special, well at least to me.

I remember how my Italian great aunt, I didn't have a nonna or nonno, use to be so proud and be so joyful of her heritage, culture and her precious family. I remember the joy she had of bringing the family together for meals and celebrations.

Well yeah they are known for there fashion, warmness, and highly attractiveness. Monica Bellucci for example

I'm sorry I don't mean to offend you I swear. I'm just very sad of european culture is dying and we are still getting hate

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well yeah they are known for there fashion, warmness, and highly attractiveness. Monica Bellucci for example

I'm sorry I don't mean to offend you I swear. I'm just very sad of european culture is dying and we are still getting hate

Have you visited Italy at all?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think that our "heritage" has anything to do with who we are other than certain cultural relevance and childhood conditioning; that is unless one's mindset is thinking that it does; then it probably will (Prov 23:7: "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he".)

Of course, when one becomes an adopted child of God at salvation their heritage changes as they become a new creature in Christ with a much more loving Father. Jesus, Himself, said that we must be able and willing to abandon family and follow Him to be a follower of his. He told a man who wanted to bury his father first before following Him to leave his father's burial to others if the man was going to be a Christian, Christ follower, and follow Him w/o consideration of family holding him back, even for the burial of one's father which was a, much more required and if he was the oldest son, culturally demanded thing in that time.

Additionally, the Bible informs us that we Christians are aliens in this world and our primary citizenship is in Heaven.

Our heritage is that of being God's CHOSEN. We are grafted into the vine and suck nourishment and salvation from the same branch and roots. Earthly family and ties and earthly heritage are practically, or should be, irrelevant to who we are and who we are becoming. Our strength, our rock, our sustenance, our protection, our identity, our beloved value, and our essence are and should be becoming more and more, based upon and grounded in God's wondrous merciful and gracious love for us.

Besides, the European heritage is by far not the least at all to claim. Think about those who tried to invade from the east, middle east, and force-ably impose their faith upon all of Europe or slaughter them, infidels. Or of Genghis Khan, or Stalin, or the blood thirst of the Vikings or of the Notorious Dictators in Africa which is still has the largest ongoing amount of slavery in the world, "slavery continues in many parts of Africa despite being technically illegal.[7] Slavery in the Sahel region (and to a lesser extent the Horn of Africa), exists along the racial and cultural boundary of Arabized Berbers in the north and darker Africans in the south.[8] Slavery in the Sahel states of Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad and Sudan in particular, continues a centuries-old pattern of hereditary servitude.[9] Other forms of traditional slavery exist in parts of Ghana, Benin, Togo and Nigeria.[10] There are other, non-traditional forms of slavery in Africa today, mostly involving human trafficking and the enslavement of child soldiers and child labourers, e.g. human trafficking in Angola, and human trafficking of children from Togo, Benin and Nigeria to Gabon and Cameroon." (pasted from: Slavery in contemporary Africa - Wikipedia) There is much worse. But no matter where one claims their heritage, guess what, we ALL have the same great, great,.... grand parents, Adam and Eve. And for every brag-gable ancestor there is probably at least 2 or 3 notoriously evil ancestors to ALSO claim. It is just a matter of what tree you bark up. Adam and Eve, by the way, behaved in a way which cursed ALL mankind and they are the heritage of us ALL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Besides, the European heritage is by far not the least at all to claim. Think about those who tried to invade from the east, middle east, and force-ably impose their faith upon all of Europe or slaughter them, infidels. Or of Genghis Khan, or Stalin, or the blood thirst of the Vikings or of the Notorious Dictators in Africa which is still has the largest ongoing amount of slavery in the world, "slavery continues in many parts of Africa despite being technically illegal.[7] Slavery in the Sahel region (and to a lesser extent the Horn of Africa), exists along the racial and cultural boundary of Arabized Berbers in the north and darker Africans in the south.[8] Slavery in the Sahel states of Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad and Sudan in particular, continues a centuries-old pattern of hereditary servitude.[9] Other forms of traditional slavery exist in parts of Ghana, Benin, Togo and Nigeria.[10] There are other, non-traditional forms of slavery in Africa today, mostly involving human trafficking and the enslavement of child soldiers and child labourers, e.g. human trafficking in Angola, and human trafficking of children from Togo, Benin and Nigeria to Gabon and Cameroon." (pasted from: Slavery in contemporary Africa - Wikipedia) There is much worse. But no matter where one claims their heritage, guess what, we ALL have the same great, great,.... grand parents, Adam and Eve. And for every brag-gable ancestor there is probably at least 2 or 3 notoriously evil ancestors to ALSO claim. It is just a matter of what tree you bark up. Adam and Eve, by the way, behaved in a way which cursed ALL mankind and they are the heritage of us ALL.

Your absolutely right but this never get mentioned and hardly anyone brings it up. But again. Guess who gets the blame? White/Europeans

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your absolutely right but this never get mentioned and hardly anyone brings it up. But again. Guess who gets the blame? White/Europeans
I know that INSTANTLY w/o any investigation or even thought I would be judged a prejudicial bigot but I am totally callused to such ignorance and prejudice from several years of hostile posts from those of the democratic persuasion for speaking up for our honorable President Trump. So, whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: Aquatic Waves
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope my thread wont be sensitive or controversial. But I need to vent. Besides the fact I fear of going to hell, I have this on my mind. I felt this way for years but now things are getting worse in the world now thanks to the media and government. I'm feeling more ashamed and less proud of my heritage (Italian). It literally hurts me when people call them racists, mafias, bringing up what Columbus did, and of what the Roman Empire did. I'm starting to wish that I was a different nationality. Now I'm afraid to tell people what my background is bc I fear they will judge me. Does anyone here feel the same way? Or had felt the same way? Again I don't mean to have this topic come as offensive. If so, I will ask the MOD to remove it
Aquatic Waves,I just finished one Bible devotion online from The "Go" of Renunciation | My Utmost For His Highest "My Upmost for His Highest", Oswald Chambers, and it actually is the story I alluded to about the man who wanted to follow Jesus but wanted to do something else first, bury his father. It is not long, but here is one part, "These words destroy the argument of serving Jesus Christ because it is a pleasant thing to do. And the strictness of the rejection that He demands of me allows for nothing to remain in my life but my Lord, myself, and a sense of desperate hope. He says that I must let everyone else come or go, and that I must be guided solely by my relationship to Him. And He says, “…the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Oswald Chambers
May I suggest going there and get his whole short message?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it sounds wrong and idiotic but that's how I feel
About allowing one's feelings to control their self-perception or anything, please allow me to share what was shared with me by Campus Crusade for Christ as they worked to bring me to the Lord almost a half century ago. It is still part of their revised evangelizing tract, "Have You Heard of the Four Spiritual Laws?" on page 12, "Do Not Depend On Feelings":

"DO NOT DEPEND ON FEELINGS The promise of God’s Word, the Bible—not our feelings—is our authority. The Christian lives by faith (trust) in the trustworthiness of God Himself and His Word. This train diagram (given in tract but not copy-able) illustrates the relationship among fact (God and His Word), faith (our trust in God and His Word), and feeling (the result of our faith and obedience). (Read John 14:21.) The train will run with or without the caboose. However, it would be useless to attempt to pull the train by the caboose. In the same way, as Christians we do not depend on feelings or emotions, but we place our faith (trust) in the trust worthiness of God and the promises of His Word." again pasted from: https://crustore.org/media/wysiwyg/pdf/Four_Spiritual_Laws_English_.pdf This tract is available free online by title in many different languages.

In the same way might you stand in the knowledge and FACT that Europe, esp. Rome or Italy is a proud heritage. Universities got their creation from the Roman Empire and so, so, so much more along the lines of intellectual and judicial and government and organizational pursuits of which much of the whole world, yet today, however divided, adheres. I know that the University was created in Greece (Athens) but it could not have been accomplished without the safety, order, and liberty which Rome provided for the fertility of its germination. One of the reasons that the USA has been so successful of a country is because it assimilated much of the Roman Empire's attributes, unfortunately the USA is presently also assimilating perversions and such which brought about the Fall of Rome.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0