• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Not Proud Of My Heritage

Discussion in 'General Struggles' started by Aquatic Waves, Sep 12, 2020 at 10:24 PM.

1. Aquatic Waves

Aquatic Waves Active Member

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'm so sorry to hear you experienced this. Where are you living now? Are things better or worse for you where your at?

This is what I'm talking about people. THE HATE

2. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Sooooo true!!!!

3. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah I can but you will get that person who would say Native Americans are the real Americans. So I'm stuck

4. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It's not just people. It's the media that's doing this as well. And the media makes it worse

5. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not really but I can't get into detail bc I don't want to make my topic even more controversial or sensitive

6. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't mean to repeat myself. It's not just the RE. It's also bc of Columbus, the mafia, and being labeled as racists

And now I realized about Mussolini and the Italian invasion of Somalia, Libya, and Eritrea. But what hurt me the most was this d**k who said the Italians crucified Jesus. This made me feel much much worse

7. NerdGirl123

NerdGirl123 Active Member

+384
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Stop allowing what others might say or think determine what YOU say and think.

8. NerdGirl123

+384
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Nobody is forcing those reactions on you. You're responsible for the way you react.

9. NerdGirl123

+384
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    WHY?
    Jesus died willingly. The sin of all humanity is equally to blame for His death.
    Stop taking on blame that isn't yours, for heaven's sake.

10. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+4,455
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    How could you leave out Daniel Larusso...

11. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,280
    Christian
    Married
    A part of a more balanced perspective on the subject could be accomplished through personal education.

At the time of Jesus' crucifixion, the Roman empire stretched across all of southern Europe, the Middle East, northern Africa, and East Asia. The persons involved in the crucifixion of Christ came from all parts of the empire.

Italians and Romans are not the same people.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    We live in a very sensitive world today. You can't say anything

13. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,184
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    There is only one view that matters. That is what God has to say about you. To hell with everything else - and I mean that literally. The fear of man brings a snare. If Lord Jesus had given in to the opinions of men, He would not have gone the the cross and died for us. Don't allow the lies of others to bully you. God is for you. Who can be against you? (Romans 8:33 and 34)

14. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,184
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Why? It should be like water off a duck's back. It was not the Romans that crucified Christ. Every single human being is responsible because every single human being is a sinner. They did the act but it was on behalf of all mankind.

15. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,461
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    *** Update ***

I literally just found out through ancestry DNA that I have 18% Scottish ancestry.

Pretty cool.

Sometimes I think that I should try to move to the UK.

[​IMG]

16. Macchiato

Macchiato Member

+154
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I think of the mario bros. I love their games.

17. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It seems like majority of you guys and girls don't understand

18. Aquatic Waves

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Bump

19. plain jayne

plain jayne Member

+102
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    OK, I wasn't going to post in this thread, but since you have said we don't get it and you have bumped it....
    .....here goes.

Every ethnic group and cultural group has had horrible things said about them.

Put yourself in my southern U.S. shoes. You haven't lived until you've been called a bunch of "sister marrying freaks", "Neanderthal morons", "Kard Karrying Klanspeople", and "bigoted, racist, retarded fools who need to die off". I left off the vile profanity in those statements for the sake of politeness.

How's that for offensive? I used to try and respond to people across the internet who make those claims about those of us who live below the Mason-Dixon line, until I realized that I am not the one with the problem.

Here's my motto now: "When someone spews something really vile and hateful, DON'T pick it up and hold it and rub it in your heart. DON'T snuggle with it and carry it around like a needy puppy. DON'T EVEN put your time, effort, and precious energy into kicking it to the curb. You DO have to see it.....but only in order to step over or go around it and MOVE ON."

You need to move on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  20. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,461
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Here's my advise OP :

Just get over it because there is literally Nothing you can do about your ancestry and You Yourself have done Nothing wrong and are not responsible for the actions of your ancestors PERIOD.