Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[URL='https://i2.wp.com/the-american-catholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/jot-and-tittle-2.jpg?fit=1800%2C1654&ssl=1']

[/URL]

[17]
Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. [18] For amen I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot, or one tittle shall not pass of the law, till all be fulfilled. [19]He therefore that shall break one of these least commandments, and shall so teach men, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But he that shall do and teach, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [20] For I tell you, that unless your justice abound more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5: 17-20

It is amazing, one might say diabolical, how the popular image of Christ, Christ the Good Buddy, bears absolutely no relationship to the Christ of the Bible. We live in deeply ignorant, and deeply mendacious, times. and the Church has been fully infected with these twin mothers of all heresies. Before we can follow Christ we must be absolutely clear on who He is. As CS Lewis noted:

Continued below.
Not One Iota

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know you know all this. Just a few scripture relating to the post.
Romans, 10:4. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

1 Peter, 2:22. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.

Hebrews, 10:1. For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.

Hebrews, 9:24. For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Colossians, 2:14. having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Hebrews, 10:8. When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Galatians, 3:23. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Galatians, 6:2. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians, 2:16. knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

John, 17:4. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John, 19:30. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Hebrews, 2:14. Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death-that is, the devil and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Romans, 8:18. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

:scratch: What is you think the priest is doing at the altar??

Upvote 0