Indianpolis
✟14,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are coming up to the year 2020, the world here an now is at a point were we are able to end world hunger, poverty, diseases, we should be looking for other planets to live on. A few days ago a asteroid skimmed right by us. It was big enough to level a city, if it had hit one of the fault lines it could have done even more damage. One of super volcanoes will blow there top. An Asteroid big enough to drive us into extension will the hit the earth again. They hit ever few million years. I mean seriously we should be past all this. It is not like we do not have capabilities to do it cause we do. And the three words I hear the most when discussing the worlds problems are Not My Problem.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟320,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are coming up to the year 2020, the world here an now is at a point were we are able to end world hunger, poverty, diseases, we should be looking for other planets to live on. A few days ago a asteroid skimmed right by us. It was big enough to level a city, if it had hit one of the fault lines it could have done even more damage. One of super volcanoes will blow there top. An Asteroid big enough to drive us into extension will the hit the earth again. They hit ever few million years. I mean seriously we should be past all this. It is not like we do not have capabilities to do it cause we do. And the three words I hear the most when discussing the worlds problems are Not My Problem.
This would be every bodies problem. Some would help , some would be in denial. And not help.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟894,401.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Welcome to the world we live in.

World hunger could be eliminated for a figure the U.S. spends on defence spending in 15 days (as an example of how little it is in the grand scheme of things).

Basic healthcare and medication. Clean drinking water. Solar power.

Lots of things could be done to save lives but it isn't given nearly as much time of day as abortion or other so-called pro-life soundbites touted at election time.

Bottom line is people don't care enough. If the majority of people care enough then millions wouldn't die every year to things that should have been addressed decades ago.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

As christians we are not suppose to be anxious regarding these issues. Remembering that God has his hand on us and on this Earth.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Robert 6671 and welcome. I haven't been here long either. You present an interesting dilemma, and I'm curious how you would make something happen were you in control. In all seriousness, you are in control of this as much as I am. What solutions do you see for this problem?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Most of our current problems are man-made, and we're ironically currently trying to deal with the idea that there are more people than we really need to produce everything we want and need.

Putting all that extra productivity to work with really solving the worlds problems would be an ideal solution but we're not quite there yet.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the world we live in.

World hunger could be eliminated for a figure the U.S. spends on defence spending in 15 days (as an example of how little it is in the grand scheme of things).

Assuming that the world's hungry don't ever need to eat again, I suppose you mean.

I'm only joking with you, of course. The claim itself about ending world hunger, just like that, is a ridiculous one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Assuming that the world's hungry don't ever need to eat again, I suppose you mean.

I'm only joking with you, of course. The claim itself about ending world hunger, just like that, is a ridiculous one.

Not really. Increasing the productivity of the earth is easy so the only issue would be capping population growth.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sure, and I agree that it would cost a bit more than a 28 billion dollars.
If there were no shipping costs, salaries, and etc. in getting food to all the far corners of the world, 28 billion would buy something like a week's meals for each of the hungry people on the planet.

Upvote 0

PizzaAddict

Jun 23, 2019
Krakow
✟11,331.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You live in delusion lol Bible clearly states how it gonna end exactly by poverty world hunger and wars

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robert6671

May 7, 2019
Indianpolis
✟14,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As christians we are not suppose to be anxious regarding these issues. Remembering that God has his hand on us and on this Earth.
M-Bob
So basically bob...its not our problem. That is what your rallying saying its not your problem. In the parable of the good Samaritan...those men who walked by that beaten injured man had that attitude, not there problem. In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (not to be mistaken for the Lazarus who was raised from the dead.) the rich man basically said not his problem. Of course when you die and stand before god and he asks why did you not do more...I do not think saying it wasn't my problem is gonna work well. You see if everyone was doing what Jesus commanded all the problems I voiced would be solved. But as you said and most say...not your problem

Upvote 0