• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Not My Problem

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Robert6671, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Robert6671

Robert6671 New Member

+64
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    We are coming up to the year 2020, the world here an now is at a point were we are able to end world hunger, poverty, diseases, we should be looking for other planets to live on. A few days ago a asteroid skimmed right by us. It was big enough to level a city, if it had hit one of the fault lines it could have done even more damage. One of super volcanoes will blow there top. An Asteroid big enough to drive us into extension will the hit the earth again. They hit ever few million years. I mean seriously we should be past all this. It is not like we do not have capabilities to do it cause we do. And the three words I hear the most when discussing the worlds problems are Not My Problem.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,487
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    This would be every bodies problem. Some would help , some would be in denial. And not help.

3. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,611
    Korea, Republic Of
    Baptist
    Private
    Welcome to the world we live in.

World hunger could be eliminated for a figure the U.S. spends on defence spending in 15 days (as an example of how little it is in the grand scheme of things).

Basic healthcare and medication. Clean drinking water. Solar power.

Lots of things could be done to save lives but it isn't given nearly as much time of day as abortion or other so-called pro-life soundbites touted at election time.

Bottom line is people don't care enough. If the majority of people care enough then millions wouldn't die every year to things that should have been addressed decades ago.

4. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,303
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I'm all for humanity dying out before it can spread to other planets.

5. A Realist

A Realist Living in Reality

+735
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think it's that many folks are busy enough dealing with their own problems in this life, so dwelling on the world's problems only serves to compound the struggle.

6. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,314
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    As christians we are not suppose to be anxious regarding these issues. Remembering that God has his hand on us and on this Earth.
    M-Bob

7. Greengardener

Greengardener for love is of God Supporter

+189
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi Robert 6671 and welcome. I haven't been here long either. You present an interesting dilemma, and I'm curious how you would make something happen were you in control. In all seriousness, you are in control of this as much as I am. What solutions do you see for this problem?

8. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,063
    Agnostic
    Single
    Most of our current problems are man-made, and we're ironically currently trying to deal with the idea that there are more people than we really need to produce everything we want and need.

Putting all that extra productivity to work with really solving the worlds problems would be an ideal solution but we're not quite there yet.

9. expos4ever

expos4ever Left This Site

+2,808
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    While we do face threats and problems, I think it is helpful to acknowledge that, in general terms, life is getting better, often MUCH better, over time. The evidence to support this claim is quite substantial.

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,960
    Anglican
    Married
    Assuming that the world's hungry don't ever need to eat again, I suppose you mean.

I'm only joking with you, of course. The claim itself about ending world hunger, just like that, is a ridiculous one.

11. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,063
    Agnostic
    Single
    Not really. Increasing the productivity of the earth is easy so the only issue would be capping population growth.

12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,960
    Anglican
    Married
    Well, true or not, that's an entirely different proposition from the one I replied to.

13. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,063
    Agnostic
    Single
    Sure, and I agree that it would cost a bit more than a 28 billion dollars.

14. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,960
    Anglican
    Married
    If there were no shipping costs, salaries, and etc. in getting food to all the far corners of the world, 28 billion would buy something like a week's meals for each of the hungry people on the planet.

15. PizzaAddict

PizzaAddict Member

+36
    Poland
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You live in delusion lol Bible clearly states how it gonna end exactly by poverty world hunger and wars

16. Robert6671

Robert6671 New Member

+64
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So basically bob...its not our problem. That is what your rallying saying its not your problem. In the parable of the good Samaritan...those men who walked by that beaten injured man had that attitude, not there problem. In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (not to be mistaken for the Lazarus who was raised from the dead.) the rich man basically said not his problem. Of course when you die and stand before god and he asks why did you not do more...I do not think saying it wasn't my problem is gonna work well. You see if everyone was doing what Jesus commanded all the problems I voiced would be solved. But as you said and most say...not your problem