Not Moses -But Explain, Please, That Law Abraham Kept and Believers Keep, Please

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1Th 4:2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jo 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus summed up the Law. Those are the only two Commandments we need to worry about.

Summing up a law doesnt mean canceling out everything else.

DRIVE SAFELY could mean: Dont speed, run red lights, text while driving, dui, tailgating...but Just because i said drive safely doesnt now mean the 5 rod laws i listed are now canceled.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jo 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
This sums it up nicely.

But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence,
they were gathered together.
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer,
asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

DRIVE SAFELY could mean: Dont speed, run red lights, text while driving, dui, tailgating...but Just because i said drive safely doesnt now mean the 5 rod laws i listed are now canceled.
Right, that's true.
But Jesus fulfilled the Law, which was a schoolteacher to show us that
we couldn't keep the law.
Now we walk by the Spirit, which is actually much more intimate
a relationship, having Him speak into our hearts 24/7

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

1Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

In Mark 7:6-13 Jesus calls the Commandments of God - the "Word of God".

in Eph 6:1-2 Paul says that Ten commandment unit is till in place for Christians and the 5th commandment is the "First Commandment with a promise" in that unit of ten.

In Romans 7 Paul gives an example of some of them as does James in James 2.

Gen 26:5 is written by Moses as is Ex 15:26 and Lev 26:3 and Deut 4:40 Deut 6:2 -- of which mentions Gods "Statutes and Commandments"

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But what charge, commandments, statutes and laws of God did Abraham keep?

"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

And what commandments do the Blessed keep, to have the right to the Tree of Life and entry into the City of God through the gates?

And what laws did Job keep?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some groups claim it includes the TEN Commandments --

[FONT=&quot]1. That the Sabbath Commandment is first given to mankind in Gen 2:1-3
2. That all mankind was obligated by the TEN commandments in the OT and to this very day.
3. That the seventh day as the Sabbath was Saturday the seventh day of the week from Gen 2:1-3 until NT times - including at the cross.
4. That the Ten Commandments are the moral Law of God
5. That the moral law of God is written on the heart under the New Covenant
6. that the Ten Commandments as the moral law of God are in no way opposed to grace and the Gospel.
7. That the Sabbath commandment can rightly be BENT by man-made-tradition to point to week-day-1 after the cross[FONT=&quot].

I don't claim to agree with all 7 of the points that the BCF is making - only 6 out of the 7 do I agree with.
[/FONT][/FONT]

See the list of groups below this line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Jesus did that on the cross. That is orthodox, historic, authentic Christianity. All else is not and may represent an impassible obstacle to salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Acts 1:1 In the first book, O 1Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began 2to do and teach, 2 until the day when 3he was taken up, after he 4had given commands 5through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen.
I read Yeshua gave commands through the Spirit to the to the apostles.
Here is Peters statement of what he was commanded by Yeshua.
Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
He commanded the apostles to preach and testify that Yeshua is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.

Revelation 12:17 is self identifying, not two separate things. The command of God is to have faith in his Son, Yeshua. To have faith in Yeshua IS to keep the commands of God. As all Torah points and leads to faith in Yeshua.

This tells me that the Father has commanded all, and is teaching all ….to listen to Yeshua. The Father has given all authority in heaven and earth to Yeshua. He is to be followed and observed. He is our righteousness. He sends the Spirit of God to his children. He remains with us forever more. He is our banner we are commanded to hold up to the nations.

He lives in those who believe in Him, and abide in Him. His ways are lived by those whom He resides in. In Him is no sin, and when He lives thorugh you, your ways are not your own but His. He lights the way in our present reality. As the Lord lives, we live. As the Lord dies, we die. Anything else is living for yourself and not the One who is supposed to be living through you.

The command of God is to believe in His Son. There is no other way, nor any other command that God desires than to offer your life as a sacrifice and let Messiah live through you. Now and forever.

Short answer, Abraham was not given the Torah of Moses to be accountable to it as Yisrael was, nor was God ministering through Abraham as He was through Moses. The law does not abolish the promise, nor does the promise abolish the law. Each has it's purpose and place. And time.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
... this is your interpretation and tradition. ;)

No; it is 1st century Christian theology that has not changed in 2,000 years until the very recent resurrection of the opposing theology which died out during the 2nd century, thus proving its unorthodoxy.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
No; it is 1st century Christian theology that has not changed in 2,000 years ...
... no, it is your interpretation of one branch of 1st century theology ;)

until the very recent resurrection of the opposing theology which died out during the 2nd century, thus proving its unorthodoxy.
Are you certain that you know with 100% certainty that opposing branches died out? What if there was a remnant which remained, but existed well below your radar? (Mt 7:14)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus summed up the Law. Those are the only two Commandments we need to worry about.

Eph 6:1-2 disproves that.

1Cor 6 disproves that.

James 2 disproves that

Matt 5 Jesus himself says not to bend His words is a claim to delete the LAW of God.

Mark 7:6-13 Jesus flatly condemned religious leaders trying to set aside the Commandments of God - and in that case it is not one of the two mentioned in Matt 22 that Jesus is complaining about.

In Matt 22 Jesus argues for the solid rock foundation of the Law and the Prophets saying that all of them are firmly founded on Lev 19:18 and Deut 6:5. So then how mysterious that some use that Matt 22 affirmation of the firm foundation of the law and the prophets and spin it to say "by those two commandments are all the law and prophets destroyed".

There is a huge difference between the two statements.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
... no, it is your interpretation of one branch of 1st century theology

Nope. Proven history with plenty of written evidence.

Are you certain that you know with 100% certainty that opposing branches died out? What if there was a remnant which remained, but existed well below your radar? (Mt 7:14)

In the Most Holy Name of God, yes I am that certain.

Eph 6:1-2 disproves that.

1Cor 6 disproves that.

James 2 disproves that

Matt 5 Jesus himself says not to bend His words is a claim to delete the LAW of God.

Mark 7:6-13 Jesus flatly condemned religious leaders trying to set aside the Commandments of God - and in that case it is not one of the two mentioned in Matt 22 that Jesus is complaining about.

In Matt 22 Jesus argues for the solid rock foundation of the Law and the Prophets saying that all of them are firmly founded on Lev 19:18 and Deut 6:5. So then how mysterious that some use that Matt 22 affirmation of the firm foundation of the law and the prophets and spin it to say "by those two commandments are all the law and prophets destroyed".

There is a huge difference between the two statements.

in Christ,

Bob

Not the historic, orthodox interpretation, and again, there is 2,000 years of continuous written evidence proving my position and disproving yours'.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

What we refer to as the law came 430 years after Abraham (Gal 3) and therefore as Moses stated in Deut 5 it wasn't given to him.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

1Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

In Mark 7:6-13 Jesus calls the Commandments of God - the "Word of God".

in Eph 6:1-2 Paul says that Ten commandment unit is till in place for Christians and the 5th commandment is the "First Commandment with a promise" in that unit of ten.

In Romans 7 Paul gives an example of some of them as does James in James 2.

Gen 26:5 is written by Moses as is Ex 15:26 and Lev 26:3 and Deut 4:40 Deut 6:2 -- of which mentions Gods "Statutes and Commandments"

in Christ,

Bob
I see you skipped Deut 5:3. Is there a good reason?

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not the historic, orthodox interpretation, and again, there is 2,000 years of continuous written evidence proving my position and disproving yours'.

Don't worry. I have posted that exact same statement about 10 times in the last month, and nobody has acknowledged it, let alone disputed it, let alone refuted it.

But you have to understand, BobRyan's church's founding prophet completely overlooked that entire 2,000 year written history in order make the argument that the Pope unilaterally overthrew the Jewish Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did that on the cross. That is orthodox, historic, authentic Christianity. All else is not and may represent an impassible obstacle to salvation.

Jesus DID NOT cancel out all the laws, the only thing he abolished were the ceremonial laws regarding the animals sacrifices. His blood now took the place of that. All the other laws still stand as a moral guidance for us to follow in loving God and one another.

Upvote 0