Not liking God's answer

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need to seek the Lord to listen to what He has to say!

Num 22:12 God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.”

Still, listening to what the Lord has to say does not mean you are going to like what He says!!

Often I have and have also seen where others tell the Lord that they want "this", and if He does not answer it like the want then they are upset with Him. Indeed, if we pick up a message that we do not want we usually just tend to ignore it and keep on going the way we want. That can be dangerous.

Num 22:23 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way with his drawn sword in his hand, the donkey turned off from the way and went into the field; but Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back into the way.

So often I hear Christians telling other Christians to pray for what they want. That is ok, but you had then better listen to what He has to say to you!

Balaam was not in trouble with the Lord for asking Him a question, but he was in trouble and indeed the angel of the Lord was standing in the road with His sword in hand, because Balaam did not like the answer and so still went about his own way. You don't want some donkey at church getting a word from the Lord for you, do you?

I see this problem in myself, and so I can often see it in other people too. Let me give a couple of big examples, but we do this with the small little things in our life too.

Example 1:

I was are retail manager when the Lord came into my life. I had hired a Christian man as a part time employee. He was into "name it and claim it", meaning that He felt that we just need to tell God what we want and He will give it to us. God can to that, but that is making you His lord and not Him your Lord. So the Lord will probably find a way to show that to you. Such was the case with this man.

The man wanted a big white new truck. Yet he had a wife and a baby and also only wanted to work part time. That is what he wanted to started naming it and claiming it to the Lord. So the Lord set it all up for him. The man praise God for getting him the truck, the wife, the child, and the part time job. But of course the man wound up owing lots of money, living in a very small and poor place, and bugged me for more hours when the big car payment was due, then wanting time off when it was due. He was a pain to have as an employee. The Christian guy was stressing out often, depending on his wife and hear full time job to pay rent and take care of the baby. I don't think the marriage was all it should have been.

Yeah, you can name it and claim it, or you can ask the Lord what the wise thing to do is and listen. The Lord reproves those He loves, so we can hold out for His reproof or go straight after His best advice and wisdom. That means listening to Him.

Example: 2

I was in a prayer ministry when a lady came into us for prayer. The lady's husband had left her with a couple of children and a big house. She came in for help praying to the Lord to give her that house so she and the kids would not have to move. She had a few friends who had already offered to help her with another place, but she wanted to keep the big house.

Now as she was telling us what she wanted prayer for the Lord was talking to me, "Karl, do you think it is wise for her to keep that big house. A big house takes a lot of work and money?"

"So Lord, how do you want me to handle this?", I asked the Lord

He told me to ask her about praying in the Spirit (tongues). I was thinking that she didn't so I might need to pray for the gift of tongues for her. But as went to ask her I found out that she did have the gift but that she wasn't using it. So I explained that we don't always know the best thing to pray for, so tell the Lord what you want but want his will to be done in your life. And perhaps a good way to do that is to use that gift of praying in the Spirit to pray what He wants prayed for in your life.

Now I don't know what wound up happening. But if we are going to tell the Lord what we want, and we should, we still need to pray for His will to be done. If you are having trouble hearing what He has to say on a certain important issue in your life (and that can happen), then I would suggest using some method to get prayer according to His will. Praying in tongues is a good way, but if not that then perhaps you ask people you know to talk to the Lord and ask them to pray according to what the Lord tells them. And the persons I know best at that are the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. They will intercede for you.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing with God is that He owes us nothing, we owe Him

Yet He promises us; Isaiah 30:20-21 'Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”'

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wanted to add.. I am no writer or speaker forgive me. What I personally believe

"But if we are going to tell the Lord what we want, and we should, we still need to pray for His will to be done."

What we need to do is find out just what is His will. Ok just WHO are you going to ask? What group has the real answer the one you agree with? I don't know why one group gets made fun of more then the rest.

God can not lie. You read John 3:16-17 and is it true? Is He at some point going to change His mind? So OT delight your self in the lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Shall I go on? There are SO many more. Not sure why all those are left out. Some deal with "healing" and "prosperity" and so many other things. NT did not Christ or really God through Christ say what ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it? Did not Christ again really GOD say what ever you ask the Father in my name (Yeshua/Jesus) that He will do. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Did not He say if you know God hears you then you know you have the petitions you asked for. "And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."

Did He not also say if you doubt let not that man think he will get anything from God "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

Did we read that? You want Gods will but you doubt when you pray? You have this BOOK in front of you and your asking GOD what is your will? People make fun of others as in HIS Children. Saying they are wrong in error simply because you disagree with some doctrine does not make them wrong.

See you can have what ever you desire. You ask or should .. ok how does that really work. You ask according to HIS WORD! I can in your word NAME IT AND CLAIM IT. How you ask? When I get scared... NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind! Thats MINE .. my Father gave it to me and to all that believe. I am told I have the peace "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Did we read that? Not maybe but WILL.

Try to be like a child and pick up that book as if you never seen it before. And just believe. If HE said it.. He will do it. See as Issac was I AM a child of promise. Every one of those promises are mine are for every believer in Christ Jesus. And you can ask Him.. He has never failed me one time when I stood on HIS word and believed. Every time it happens. I believe.. its not for some selfish personal thing. Yet He does supply EVERY ONE of my needs..way beyond what I ask for. He LOVES to give.. did you read whats IN heaven? Hello? YOUR WILL be done on earth as it IS in heaven.

He told you.. you have not because you ask not or your asking wrong. Wrong as in personal selfish stuff. Stop listening to man. KNOW that HE lol can not lead you the wrong way. He is SO REAL! He loves you. Ask HIM about what you can have and not have.. ask HIM about that bible is if its HIS will. WHY go by what some man says.. Baptist to word of faith. yeah.. each one and each in between KNOW they have the real truth. yet they don't.

I seek Him.. and His righteousness. I asked for the holy Spirit Luke 11:13. I believed John 3:16-17 so.. I believed Luke 11:13 must be true also. Or I could listen to MAN tell me what JESUS really meant. Ask Him talk to HIM.. He is with you and me 24/7 and how much TIME do we spend with Him? HES IN US.. His sheep KNOW not wonder not guess KNOW His voice. Ooh He talks. Do we take the time to listen? And for me? Every time He gives me shows me in His word where its written. I am so blessed. Did you know how BLESSED we are JUST because we believe in Him whom we have never seen? Go for it.. what does that mean? Never gets talked about. Just some nice saying huh.. not even close.

So don't believe a word I say.. haha not my gospel.. GOOD NEWS. Its HIS. You seek you pray you find this out for your self. I will give you this.. as long as we doubt.. we won't get anything. HIS WORDS. Try to just believe.. not by what you see hear or feel..in JESUS name

• Winner
Reactions: K2K and Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wanted to add.. I am no writer or speaker forgive me. What I personally believe

"But if we are going to tell the Lord what we want, and we should, we still need to pray for His will to be done."

What we need to do is find out just what is His will. Ok just WHO are you going to ask? What group has the real answer the one you agree with? I don't know why one group gets made fun of more then the rest.

God can not lie. You read John 3:16-17 and is it true? Is He at some point going to change His mind? So OT delight your self in the lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Shall I go on? There are SO many more. Not sure why all those are left out. Some deal with "healing" and "prosperity" and so many other things. NT did not Christ or really God through Christ say what ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it? Did not Christ again really GOD say what ever you ask the Father in my name (Yeshua/Jesus) that He will do. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Did not He say if you know God hears you then you know you have the petitions you asked for. "And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."

Did He not also say if you doubt let not that man think he will get anything from God "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

Did we read that? You want Gods will but you doubt when you pray? You have this BOOK in front of you and your asking GOD what is your will? People make fun of others as in HIS Children. Saying they are wrong in error simply because you disagree with some doctrine does not make them wrong.

See you can have what ever you desire. You ask or should .. ok how does that really work. You ask according to HIS WORD! I can in your word NAME IT AND CLAIM IT. How you ask? When I get scared... NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind! Thats MINE .. my Father gave it to me and to all that believe. I am told I have the peace "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Did we read that? Not maybe but WILL.

Try to be like a child and pick up that book as if you never seen it before. And just believe. If HE said it.. He will do it. See as Issac was I AM a child of promise. Every one of those promises are mine are for every believer in Christ Jesus. And you can ask Him.. He has never failed me one time when I stood on HIS word and believed. Every time it happens. I believe.. its not for some selfish personal thing. Yet He does supply EVERY ONE of my needs..way beyond what I ask for. He LOVES to give.. did you read whats IN heaven? Hello? YOUR WILL be done on earth as it IS in heaven.

He told you.. you have not because you ask not or your asking wrong. Wrong as in personal selfish stuff. Stop listening to man. KNOW that HE lol can not lead you the wrong way. He is SO REAL! He loves you. Ask HIM about what you can have and not have.. ask HIM about that bible is if its HIS will. WHY go by what some man says.. Baptist to word of faith. yeah.. each one and each in between KNOW they have the real truth. yet they don't.

I seek Him.. and His righteousness. I asked for the holy Spirit Luke 11:13. I believed John 3:16-17 so.. I believed Luke 11:13 must be true also. Or I could listen to MAN tell me what JESUS really meant. Ask Him talk to HIM.. He is with you and me 24/7 and how much TIME do we spend with Him? HES IN US.. His sheep KNOW not wonder not guess KNOW His voice. Ooh He talks. Do we take the time to listen? And for me? Every time He gives me shows me in His word where its written. I am so blessed. Did you know how BLESSED we are JUST because we believe in Him whom we have never seen? Go for it.. what does that mean? Never gets talked about. Just some nice saying huh.. not even close.

So don't believe a word I say.. haha not my gospel.. GOOD NEWS. Its HIS. You seek you pray you find this out for your self. I will give you this.. as long as we doubt.. we won't get anything. HIS WORDS. Try to just believe.. not by what you see hear or feel..in JESUS name

brilliant answer

Upvote 0