Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together!

I attend church

• twice on Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • every Sunday

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • almost every Sunday

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • rarely

• just on Christmas and Easter

• never

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • other (and I will explain)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I attend weekly on Saturdays, so I voted other. It should be noted that the emphasis of meeting together regularly is on spurring one another on to love and good works:

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My suspicion was confirmed in a different thread started in the Baptist Forum.

A poster wrote, "It seems that about 2/3 of members are in-active! ("15.7 million members and 5.8 million Sunday worshipers" reported)."

Using that kind of data we could easily deduced that many posters on CF do not worship on Sunday.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My suspicion was confirmed in a different thread started in the Baptist Forum.

A poster wrote, "It seems that about 2/3 of members are in-active! ("15.7 million members and 5.8 million Sunday worshipers" reported)."

Using that kind of data we could easily deduced that many posters on CF do not worship on Sunday.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
False dichotomy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How is it a false division or contrast?
Your assumption is that the same percentage of those who call themselves Southern Baptists are members here on CF. There's nothing to support that. For all we know, 90% of the Southern Baptists on CF are part of the 5.8 million.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Your assumption is that the same percentage of those who call themselves Southern Baptists are members here on CF. There's nothing to support that. For all we know, 90% of the Southern Baptists on CF are part of the 5.8 million.

I knew that was where you were going so I provided more stats for your research.

Thanks Hammy.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Your assumption is still unfounded. It's quite possible that mostly those who attend weekly care to sign up for CF.

Well sure, anything is possible, but is it likely?

Since you would prefer to talk in possibilities it is also possible that those who do not attend weekly signed up on CF.

:holy:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well sure, anything is possible, but is it likely?

Since you would prefer to talk in possibilities it is also possible that those who do not attend weekly signed up on CF.

:holy:
True. So either way, your conclusion is faulty.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If I post a link that contained info that pigs on a farm down the road from me can't fly and then suggest this is true for all pigs i would be making a generalization. This is not a false dichotomy but an informal fallacy of deduction, not a formal fallacy. You may claim "anything is possible...Pigs could fly!" but this doesn't help make your point. It only demonstrates that "anything" is possible....but is it likely?

I posted similar stats about church attendance in general across all denominations demonstrating the likelihood that many on CF are in a similar situation. Sure, it's possible that every single member here attends church 3x a week...but, based on what we know, is it likely?

Yours in the God who saves to the uttermost!

jm

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Perhaps the Truth could be furthered IF you asked instead, who is living in true union with Messiah Yeshua TODAY and EVERY DAY ?
The way ekklesia did all through the NT, with exceptions as noted by God .

... .... or any day ever ?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If I post a link that contained info that pigs on a farm down the road from me can't fly and then suggest this is true for all pigs i would be making a generalization. This is not a false dichotomy but an informal fallacy of deduction, not a formal fallacy. You may claim "anything is possible...Pigs could fly!" but this doesn't help make your point. It only demonstrates that "anything" is possible....but is it likely?

I posted similar stats about church attendance in general across all denominations demonstrating the likelihood that many on CF are in a similar situation. Sure, it's possible that every single member here attends church 3x a week...but, based on what we know, is it likely?

Yours in the God who saves to the uttermost!

jm
But your assumption is that the Baptist forum is reflective of real life. And it may be. But it might not be, either.

And I'm not claiming that anything is possible. I'm claiming that it's possible that those who post on CF attend most Sundays.

There's also some shifting of the goalposts here, albeit that might not be intentional. It's started off as talking about Baptists. Now it's broadened out to all of CF.

Upvote 0