Not everyone shall enter in

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Matthew 7:20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: KJV

Matthew 7:20-24: "So you may know men by their fruit. It is not everyone who keeps saying to me 'Lord, Lord' who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the man who actually does my Heavenly Father's will. In 'that day' many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we preach in your name, didn't we cast out devils in your name, and do many great things in your name?' Then I shall tell them plainly, 'I have never known you. Go away from me, you have worked on the side of evil! Everyone then who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a sensible man who builds his house on the rock." JBP

It is easy to say, "I am saved, I am a Christian, I love the Lord." But Jesus says, that prophesying in His Name and even casting out devils and doing good works is not enough. It requires more. It requires keeping HIS Commandments. Without the fruits, the confessions are empy words that have no meaning.

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes, true. People think that if they were saved at one point, that that makes them always saved, but nope, God's gifts are given without repentance, meaning God's not an indian giver, once He gives someone the gift of miracles or casting out devils or whatever, if that person goes back into the world or is luke warm or back slidden, they may still be able to fool people because of their gifts. That still doesn't mean they will get to Heaven if they don't come back to God. They are just false prophits. That's why some evangelists who cast out devils or deliver people may later be found out to have done some very ungodly things. It's just that at one point they were saved and then they back slid but they still had the gifts and could perpetrate in the pulpit. That's why works are good, but we can't be fooled by works alone without someone also living a Godly life. :)

*~·´¯`·¸.~¤LïlÃñge£Heårt¤~*

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I always saw it as saying this - those people thought they were saved... because look what they did. They did all those good things.

But that didn't save them.

They were trusting their works to get them into heaven - but they didn't save them....

Upvote 0

nomad

Mar 7, 2003
Minneapolis
Visit site
✟570.00
It is easy to say, "I am saved, I am a Christian, I love the Lord." But Jesus says, that prophesying in His Name and even casting out devils and doing good works is not enough. It requires more. It requires keeping HIS Commandments. Without the fruits, the confessions are empy words that have no meaning.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth£ but didn’t love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. 3If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;£ but if I didn’t love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

Without love all is meaningless.  Talk is cheap.  Now let's see it.  Your actions will speak louder then words.  Love is not good enough if not done according to How God defines and expects it.  Love has to be learned.  Love has to be practiced.  Love is not love until it is given away.  Some random thoughts.

Love is the bottom line to a Christian.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Amen Gerry!

This makes me think of the following scripture...

Leviticus 26:13-16
I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright. But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 07:14 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #5

Amen Gerry!

This makes me think of the following scripture...

Leviticus 26:13-16
I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright. But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

What a perfect companion Scripture. One only has to stand in any given spot and look around to see the application of this Scripture.

Upvote 0