Not Every One Who says Lord Lord

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Matthew 7:21: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

The Words of Jesus! Not everyone who professes and claims to be a Christian really is! There are imposters, who teach doctrines of devils, and practice all kinds of evil, in the Name of Jesus. They are everywhere with us., in our schools and Churches and even some HERE in these Forums.

How do you know who they are? Jesus said: "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." An apple tree brings forth apples, and an apostate or imposter brings forth non-sense, and doctrines of demons, like re-incarnation.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

God clearly says man dies ONCE, not over and over and over. Anyone teaching this is teaching a doctrine of demons and not of Christ.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Gerry, in my Bible college class last night, we were talking about Romans 1, the part that talks about what happens to people who turn their backs on God despite the fact that He has revealed Himself everywhere through the glories of creation.

Then today I had a conversation with people who insisted that one of the most detestable sins isn't really sin at all. They claimed that it's only when the sin is done openly or in a hostile manner, is it a sin at all. This is a sin that is condemned throughout the Bible, yet these people said that they didn't care what the Bible said, and they proceded to produce declarations from their church's doctrine statements and from popular literature, saying that these superceded the very word of God.

I fear that these are the people who are being talked about in this passage; the ones who "do" all for God, but not the real God, but a God that they made up, more likable, one who doesn't rock their boats.

Everyone one of us, including me, needs to make sure they are aware of who God really is, to make sure when we are calling on the name of the Lord, He really IS THE Lord. Not someone we've made up to make us feel good about ourselves and our friends.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Good point Lambslove! There are those who REFUSE to accept what the Bible says, and who water it down to suit their own tastes! These are the ones who wind up CREATING their own god, and that god is NOT GOD!

Like those who teach doctrines like re-incarnation, and new age. Everyone is going to Heaven, they say, we are just all on different roads. And their dear ole grandmother, who neither believed in God, nor Jesus Christ, was a good old woman and never hurt a fly, therefore God will surely allow her into Heaven.

They ignore what God's written Word says and re-write it to suit their own needs. These people do not teach a doctrine of love and forgiveness and belief in Jesus Christ and Him alone as the only way to Heaven.

Paul had a Word for these people and recorded it in Galations 1:8,9:

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

You are very right Lambslove. These people do not believe in the God that created them, but rather the god they created.

Upvote 0

BigEd

an adopted child of God
Feb 15, 2002
connecticut
✟9,726.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think all you have said is very true.
Their is a brand of christianity out there i like calling "cafeteria christianity" (i think C.S. Lewis called it "christianity and water"). where people just take out of the bible waht they want to hear, and ignore want they don't want to hear. there's alot of people who do not want to hear about God's judgement , His wrath or Hell.

but as a disciple of Christ, I must except all the teaching of scripture, even those that are "difficult".

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by BigEd
i think all you have said is very true.
Their is a brand of christianity out there i like calling "cafeteria christianity" (i think C.S. Lewis called it "christianity and water"). where people just take out of the bible waht they want to hear, and ignore want they don't want to hear. there's alot of people who do not want to hear about God's judgement , His wrath or Hell.

but as a disciple of Christ, I must except all the teaching of scripture, even those that are "difficult".

I love the term: "Cafeteria Christianity". I understand how people take the parts they like and water down the some they don't like, ignore some and change some by redefining it.

But I won't do that. It is how I recently got in trouble because I insisted that the Fellowship Forum is not a place for agnostics, atheists, and other non-Christians. I used the definiton set forth by Webster and JESUS, but THAT was rejected. My "hard" approach is why I was rejected as a moderator. But I will stay with the Word, and what Jesus said rather than what people want to hear.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by carmen
Go for it Gerry, Good thoughts all. Yes are we coming into line with the word or are we making the word come into line with us.

Amen Carmen you are SPOT on again.

That is EXACTLY what people are doing today. Those who are not lining up with the Word are busy re-writing the Word, and re-defining God to make it all line up with what they WANT it to say. But there is a Scripture I love. People may mock me and get angry when I rightly divide the Word of Truth, but they will not successfully mock God, which is exactly what they are doing.

Galatians 6:7: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Gerry
Matthew 7:21: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

The Words of Jesus! Not everyone who professes and claims to be a Christian really is! There are imposters, who teach doctrines of devils, and practice all kinds of evil, in the Name of Jesus. .

Very true - I know about one in Africa and is very 'hot' in South Africa too.

Upvote 0

forjesus

Humble Servant
Jan 15, 2002
va
Visit site
✟2,344.00
Faith
Christian
I am in total agreement Gerry, to many people today just want to sugar-coat Gods word. They want to believe their own way instead of Gods way. The Bible class I am involved in now is called Expierencing God, and it talks of people being self-centered instead of being God-centered. We need to open Gods word and study and meditate upon it. It is our roadmap as a Christian, and no one should add to Gods word, or take away from Gods word. Thank you for your honesty, and your dedication to Gods work. God Bless you brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums