Not bad for the first bass of the day (pic).

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Walleye is delicious. Where do you live? I'm just asking.....:eek:

Yea it is, I've been fishing for only walleye lately, the meat is so incredibly tender, unlike any other fish. I'm in Tennessee

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never caught Walleye. They are big up North in Canada.

Yea me neither until recently, I didn't even know they existed in the south until I hooked one. From what I've read, the Great Lakes are the walleye-capital of the world

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
IMG_0004.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Peaople eat bass where you live? Here in Michigan they're strictly a sport fish. Then again, we have plenty of Walleye, Crappie, Perch, Trout, Salmon, Northern and so on. We also have Bluegill, which I believe you call Bream?

Yes, Bluegill mainly, is the type bream I'm talking about.

That surprises me about the Bass, they are far from second rate to me or others here as far as I know. The Crappie are a little better, but with the Fl heat and all, they're pretty inactive a lot of the year (stick to the bottom and do very little, as they have to have cool water) Maybe the others you mention are better tasting than the bass, and since we don't have those as a rule, that would make sense of what you say.

If they only get better tasting up the scale, that's fine with me. :)

An intersecting fact, I put some lake caught crappie in a 5 to 6ft deep pond I had made...nice clean water and full of other fish...the crappie floated to the top dead as soon as the whether got hot.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, nice fish! I want to go salt water fishing so bad. How did they taste?
I find that you can't over cook the Wahoo or the meat gets hard so I like it seared medium rare and it tastes great, the Mahi is my favorite either baked, grilled or fried. I like smoked fish too so smoke them once in a while.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find that you can't over cook the Wahoo or the meat gets hard so I like it seared medium rare and it tastes great, the Mahi is my favorite either baked, grilled or fried. I like smoked fish too so smoke them once in a while.

Yea crappie is like that, it's super lean so it gets crispy quick... still good. Fresh catfish is super good, it's kind a fatty fish so it stays nice and soft and juicy, i need to try smoking it. My favorite thing to do is marinate the fish fillets in buttermilk mixed with flavored powder marinade, then grill in oven at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
View attachment 201304 Nice Bass Sword of The lord! Here are a couple I caught not long ago. Delicious fish! A Wahoo and a MahiView attachment 201305

I caught Mahi also called Dorado about 10 years ago. I was fishing in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and caught several. I also caught yellow fin Tuna and a Marlin.

I would love to go back.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I caught Mahi also called Dorado about 10 years ago. I was fishing in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and caught several. I also caught yellow fin Tuna and a Marlin.

I would love to go back.
Nice! I'm not very lucky with Tuna, only caught a couple of little ones. I'm blessed to work out at sea, so on our down time when underway we get to play a little. Those were caught in the Gulf of Mexico somewhere between Florida and Louisiana.

Upvote 0