United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So I had my tantrum. I had my cry (actually I'm still crying but that's irrelevant).

God did not take away my suffering. But brought me back to Him again.

Things He reminded me of these past few days:
  • There is no purely good thing on this earth because everything is tainted by the curse of sin. Not even the birth of a child is wholly good because giving birth causes immense pain and the child will be born in sin as well.
  • God used my suffering many times to remind me to come back to Him when I was getting distracted by things of this world.
  • There will be a new creation where every good thing will be pure and wholesome and there will be no more suffering.
  • God does feel pain when He sees me suffering. My suffering does not bring joy to Him in as far as the agony I am in.
  • God does lead me to where I'm supposed to go.
Am I still suffering and in immense emotional pain? Yes. I will be for the rest of my life. Is that God's fault? No. Will anything good come out of it? I certainly hope so.

Now I'm just left to figure out who to manage myself so I can live on. But it's gonna take such a long time and so many tears. I'm not sure how to calm myself amidst the storm or sleep at night still...

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I had my tantrum. I had my cry (actually I'm still crying but that's irrelevant).

God did not take away my suffering. But brought me back to Him again.

Things He reminded me of these past few days:
  • There is no purely good thing on this earth because everything is tainted by the curse of sin. Not even the birth of a child is wholly good because giving birth causes immense pain and the child will be born in sin as well.
  • God used my suffering many times to remind me to come back to Him when I was getting distracted by things of this world.
  • There will be a new creation where every good thing will be pure and wholesome and there will be no more suffering.
  • God does feel pain when He sees me suffering. My suffering does not bring joy to Him in as far as the agony I am in.
  • God does lead me to where I'm supposed to go.
Am I still suffering and in immense emotional pain? Yes. I will be for the rest of my life. Is that God's fault? No. Will anything good come out of it? I certainly hope so.

Now I'm just left to figure out who to manage myself so I can live on. But it's gonna take such a long time and so many tears. I'm not sure how to calm myself amidst the storm or sleep at night still...

We all go through our struggles. It’s good that your seeing thing clearer. As your relationship with Christ grows, things will get clearer still. The Son will rise in your heart and you will see as you’ve never seen before, that you are a stranger in a strange land.

Peace and prayers in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

There is always at least one thing God is after in allowing us to suffer: He wants us to become more and more like Jesus. (Ro. 8:29) If we understand nothing else about why we are in pain, we can be sure that God will use it to make us living reflections of Christ - if we let Him. I can't think of a higher, better thing than to be one in whom Christ is clearly seen.

The comfort and peace God offers to us requires first that we trust Him. And the more we do, the deeper and fuller our comfort and peace. God is Himself our peace and joy, you see, not some feeling or circumstance. And the more we rest in Him, trusting Him to love us perfectly as only He can do, the more He is our peace, and joy, and help in time of trouble.

Isaiah 26:3-4
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
4 Trust in the Lord forever, For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.

Upvote 0