Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Saturday announced a “stay at home” order for London and southeast England to slow the spread of the new coronavirus strain. Early data suggests the new strain could be “up to 70 percent more transmissible,” Johnson said at a televised briefing.

Separately, a severe variant of the coronavirus has been detected in South Africa that could explain the rapid spread of a second wave that affects younger people, the South African health minister said Friday. Known as the 501.V2 Variant, it was identified by South African researchers and details have been sent to the World Health Organization, Zwelini Mkhize said in a statement.
-

But here is the Good news, Saints.

God is in control.
God is on our side.
God is in us.
The name of Jesus is above every name, including the new one they are going to give "Covid-19 v2.

So, do not fear.
Do not fear.
Let God give you the Peace of God that Jesus told us is not as the world gives.. that He gives unto us.

So as the world begins to embark into that dark place of hopelessness, and bigger masks, and pleas for the "next vaccine", just remember that you belong to God and God is well able to take care of you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lg2000

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Saturday announced a “stay at home” order for London and southeast England to slow the spread of the new coronavirus strain. Early data suggests the new strain could be “up to 70 percent more transmissible,” Johnson said at a televised briefing.

Separately, a severe variant of the coronavirus has been detected in South Africa that could explain the rapid spread of a second wave that affects younger people, the South African health minister said Friday. Known as the 501.V2 Variant, it was identified by South African researchers and details have been sent to the World Health Organization, Zwelini Mkhize said in a statement.
-

But here is the Good news, Saints.

God is in control.
God is on our side.
God is in us.
The name of Jesus is above every name, including the new one they are going to give "Covid-19 v2.

So, do not fear.
Do not fear.
Let God give you the Peace of God that Jesus told us is not as the world gives.. that He gives unto us.

So as the world begins to embark into that dark place of hopelessness, and bigger masks, and pleas for the "next vaccine", just remember that you belong to God and God is well able to take care of you.

This is interesting, but it's unfortunate that you think that God will prevent you from contracting COVID-19. Many, many Christians have gotten sick and died from this virus.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is interesting, but it's unfortunate that you think that God will prevent you from contracting COVID-19. Many, many Christians have gotten sick and died from this virus.

God supposedly created everything, that includes COVID-19.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟425,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I prefer to remember the Russian proverb wherein a man is drowning in the sea and he calls out to God to save him. God replies "OK; you start swimming, and I will do the rest."

"Swimming" in our case ought to include wearing masks (and wearing them properly, for goodness' sake!), social distancing, washing our hands frequently, and self-isolating if you have reason to suspect you have been exposed to the virus or have visited for more than a few minutes with anyone outside of your household in a closed space or under any circumstance where social distancing was not practiced.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟234,457.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I prefer to remember the Russian proverb wherein a man is drowning in the sea and he calls out to God to save him. God replies "OK; you start swimming, and I will do the rest."

"Swimming" in our case ought to include wearing masks (and wearing them properly, for goodness' sake!), social distancing, washing our hands frequently, and self-isolating if you have reason to suspect you have been exposed to the virus or have visited for more than a few minutes with anyone outside of your household in a closed space or under any circumstance where social distancing was not practiced.
Initially I was going to award your post an Agree, but changed it to Winner because your heartfelt plea to wear masks properly echoed my thoughts of the last several weeks. The number of persons ones sees on TV, or in real world, who seem incapable of placing the mask above their nose (and pinched) leads one to think the suicidal and homocidal urges are strong in humankind.
In a cautious visit to a supermarket yesterday I saw one customer who seemed to think wearing his mask around his neck was adequate. The only thing that spared him from an intense physical assault was my inability to deliver this and maintain my social distance.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟425,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yeah...I can't count the number of times I've been to the grocery store during this pandemic and seen a man or woman wearing their mask below their nose. I've also seen those who wear it around their neck, and even one woman who wore hers like a shower cap, for some reason. It does not surprise me that the United States is in such bad shape with regard to the virus, sadly. I'm apparently surrounded by idiots who have never seen someone put on a mask before.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is interesting, but it's unfortunate that you think that God will prevent you from contracting COVID-19.

You do have quite the imagination. I couldn't find that written anywhere in the OP.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You do have quite the imagination. I couldn't find that written anywhere in the OP.

"you belong to God and God is well able to take care of you" can be interpreted that way. It seemed to be too vague.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trust in God. I do.

I dont blame God for covid.

In all probability, it was 'developed' by China to cause harm to the rest of the world! Who knows?

I sincerely doubt that China would "develop" a vaccine that would kill 4,634 (reported) of their own people. I believe that the virus probably originated in China, but not intentionally.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟998,558.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I sincerely doubt that China would "develop" a vaccine that would kill 4,634 (reported) of their own people. I believe that the virus probably originated in China, but not intentionally.

Who knows. I wouldn't put anything past them!

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Be careful now, as you insinuated something that i didn't say... and in doing so, you implied something that i didnt write.

I'll try to be more clear for you.

This earth, if full of Life, and is full of cures.
God designed it this way.
One of my favorite Christians is Hildegard of Bingen, and she taught and wrote extensively regarding the healing quality of herbs, crystals, etc.
The devil twisted a lot of this type of mystical teaching into Godless "new age" technology., but God did not intend it to be so.
Our bodies are a part of the earth, and the earth is a part of us.
So, medicinal properties are found in the earth, and we are a part of the earth.
1+1=2

So, for a person to try to prove that God has no power to prevent you from getting SICK, would be to contradict Truth.
Or to teach that God caused you to get sick so that by suffering through it, you become more spiritual..... is also not going to side very well with the Grace of God or with Jesus who "bore our infirmities".
Its a certainty that God can use everything, but this does not mean He causes everything.
So, i'll back up my Thread's point of view by saying that ive never had a flu shot, and i would never ever tell a person , believer or non, not to get a flu shot.
See, we all have our level of faith, and we all have to decide what we do with it.
I said not to FEAR that you will get this 2nd Version, and to realize that the Name of Jesus is above every "name".

I wrote this Thread essentially before the world at large is even realizing that this next level virus threat, is on the way.
The USA is not even talking about it yet, for example, as they are too pre-occupied with talking about the current Vaccine.
But, i know that we as believers need to be in front of these situations, and not lagging behind, so that we can already begin to seek God for our protection and our deliverance.
So, that is why i wrote this Thread to you, about FEAR...

And there is a reason for this... pescador.
Fear is the opposite of Faith, and "what is not of faith, is sin".
So, a believer can't exist in THAT, and expect God to provide specific results as needed.
We are required to exist in Faith, which is to Trust that God will do what He said...

There are teachers, preachers, similar, who would tell you not to use a Doctor.
But God provided them...
Paul had "Luke the beloved Physician" with him, as much as possible.
Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for a nervous stomach....(Too much Stress)..
Paul also saw more of the Supernatural then we could even imagine, and in fact saw Heaven one time.
So, this Apostle certainly understood the power of prayer, as He is the one that tells us to find the church leaders and have them pray for the sick......etc, etc.
But, he also understood MEDICINE as God's means for healing.

See, Healing, is not just the instant miraculous.
Healing is "getting better", "getting stronger"... "Over time"..."cured"......as the end result is the same, no matter if you are healed instantly, or over time.
Medicine, Doctors, Surgery, going to the gym.....healthy eating habits,....getting good rest, and learning how to deal with stress... drinking good clean water... ....all of this is included in the idea of "healing" and "restoration".

All of us want that instant solution, that miracle... but, sometimes the solution is a pill, is a drug, is a vaccine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0