Nosy Questions Game (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Wisdom Seeker~

INFP the Healer
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I belonged to the Baptist Board and the people there were really mean to me because I'm a woman who isn't silent, so I wanted a change to a more Christian christian web site. They had actually ousted a really sweet woman I met there from Washington DC because they didn't like her for the same reasons, and a moderator there told me she came here. So, I followed. I found her, but she didn't stay...and I did.

This place is way more tollorant of people as a rule. I know that people complain about it not being so. But, in reality, there are a lot more hostile, less christian, Christian web sites on the net. Who actually think they're right to be that way.

Are you at work?"

Upvote 0

Xipilgrim

Feb 19, 2007
Leeds
✟10,348.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Because I belonged to the Baptist Board and the people there were really mean to me because I'm a woman who isn't silent, so I wanted a change to a more Christian christian web site. They had actually ousted a really sweet woman I met there from Washington DC because they didn't like her for the same reasons, and a moderator there told me she came here.

Good for you ! :thumbsup: :D :hug:

I'm new to Christianity, but It seems to me that some men use things in Christianity to (continue to) repress women.
I am just starting to go to a Baptist church (in UK) and I can tell you that no such thing goes on here; evryone is treated the same. Sounds like you were right to get out of that situation to me.

God loves all of us. :)

No I am not at work.

Do you like your work ?

Upvote 0
L

ladybugforJesus

Because I belonged to the Baptist Board and the people there were really mean to me because I'm a woman who isn't silent, so I wanted a change to a more Christian christian web site. They had actually ousted a really sweet woman I met there from Washington DC because they didn't like her for the same reasons, and a moderator there told me she came here. So, I followed. I found her, but she didn't stay...and I did.

I belonged to another site before CF too, and everything I ever posted, they took off, because I was "witnessing" and that was wrong. :wave: GOOD-BYE!!!:amen:

And I sometimes like my work, I work in a man's world, but that is why I am going back to school, because I am tired of the truss industry, and in 10 years, it is not something I want to be doing.

have you ever been persecuted for your beliefs?

Upvote 0

Xipilgrim

Feb 19, 2007
Leeds
✟10,348.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And I sometimes like my work, I work in a man's world, but that is why I am going back to school, because I am tired of the truss industry, and in 10 years, it is not something I want to be doing.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by truss industry ?

It only continues to be a *mans world* if you give it creedence; belief can change everything after all. I personally would like to see a *womens world* for a change; see an end to things like inappropriate contentography and abuse. :thumbsup: :wave:

Iv'e only been a Christian for a short time, so no really. But I have been persecuted for being an Artist/Creative person.

Same question...since it's a good one.

Upvote 0
L

ladybugforJesus

I manufacture trusses(the frames of roofs). I say a man's world, because it is a very rough, physically demanding job, and I am the only female that I have ever seen stick it out for going on 5 years now.

Not been persecuted on a physical level or anything. But, as I was saying before, I have been shut out for voicing what the bible says, and there is a guy at work who causes me problems when I let my light shine too bright(I just turn it up a notch when that starts though!)

And yeah, people are mean to us artist folk! We are a breed of our own though!

What is your Pastor's name?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Xipilgrim

Feb 19, 2007
Leeds
✟10,348.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Cool LadyB...Let that light shine!! :D :amen:

I'm really happy that your'e going to Art College soon. :hug:

His name is Ian Inglish actually, and he is a great guy. He runs the Baptist Church that I am getting to know.

I am going to buy my first Bible soon, and I'm really excited about it! Ian is going to help me chose which version to go for.

What church do you go to?

Upvote 0
L

ladybugforJesus

I don't actually go to a church. My family and I get together every Sunday and bible study, and we watch John Hagee on TV (An excellent preacher!). So actually, it is kind of church... I think the bible says where 3 or more are gathered to worship, it is church.

And hey! YAY! Your first Bible! Excellent! I personally use the King James Version. Most people don't like it because it uses alot of the old english, and it is hard to understand, but when you are guided by the Spirit, He will show you what it says. I understand it very easily. But there are other translations that make it easy for people. Good luck, and enjoy!

What version are you thinking about getting? (Or, if this is not X responding, what version do you use?)

Upvote 0

Xipilgrim

Feb 19, 2007
Leeds
✟10,348.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure actually. I know so little about it! That's why Ian is going to help. The King James is one that has been suggested to me. I think I'd like to go for one that is as near to the origional translation as possible.

What is the New International Version like?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.