Northern California Vs. Southern California

What region of california do you perfer?

• Northern California by far

• Northern California

• Northern California by a hair

• I dont have any preferance

• I perfer southern california/I have a history of mental problems

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheBeginningSeasons

Dec 20, 2005
Everett
Visit site
✟188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I lived near Lake Tahoe for my whole life until I joined the military. I have lived in San Diego for a five month period and it really isn't all everyone makes it out to be. I have been to San Fran (which by the way isn't northern cali by any means, we are not liberals from Northern Cali at all!) and it seems to be ok, but still I don't like the big city at all. Sacramento is the fartherest place south I would consider norther cali. Small towns, low crime, good people, what else can you ask for?! Oh yeah no traffic!!!

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've lived in San Diego, Chico and Atascadero (San Luis Obispo.... central. Atacadero is exactly half way between LA and SF)... I've lived in all parts, nothern, central and southern. And I like Southern the best.

Northern is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but there's not much to do. Central, I feel as though people who are born here, are raised here and don't leave here. They need to get out and see what else is out there.

And southern is amazing because there is such a variety. Beautiful beaches (Northern has cliffs, Central has freezing water) are a plus in Southern.

Sorry. Southern wins. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
justanobserver said:
being originally from Eureka with kinfolk all over Humboldt/Lassen/Modoc/Shasta counties, I prefer the extreme Northern CA - not the Central North (Stockton area) where I live currently.

Ah, Eureka! Crooked Sherrifs, politicians owned by Louisiana Pacific... The only place I know of, where they remove public benches at fountains because homeless people have sat on them, and where they close off ten full miles of beach to everyone just to kick out the homeless campers!

It really is a nice place. Mixed in with the bad are some real, wonderful, caring people; and the redwoods are amazing!

Upvote 0

Roadmap

"God answers knee-mail"
Mar 8, 2006
Redding, California, U.S.A.
✟18,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I prefer the north part of the state. Could be I am a bit prejudice since I have lived in the northern part of the state all my life. But I love the mountains and the less populated areas of the most northern part of the state.

Upvote 0

katie07

Mar 13, 2006
✟113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
nor cal def.!

I was born in long beach, lived there for 5 yrs on 1st street a block away from the beach, and still nor cal wins lol.

I moved with my family to pleasanton, SF bay area, 10 years ago.

Heres one thing, so cal has nice beachs, but nor cal has world class skiing at tahoe, does so cal have world class surfing??.....noooooo lol

also in so cal it seems to be either millionaire or poor immigrants. Nor cal is the happy medium, actually its still really quite an expensive area to live. But not to the extreme of parts of so cal.

another thing lol, LA isn't that interesting of a city to me, SF has much more culture and things to do.

and then theres the beauty, clean air, ect.

in conclusion nor cal def. wins lol!:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

active ingredients

Bottom Feeder
Apr 17, 2004
north cali
Visit site
✟8,873.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
katie07 said:
nor cal def.!

I was born in long beach, lived there for 5 yrs on 1st street a block away from the beach, and still nor cal wins lol.

I moved with my family to pleasanton, SF bay area, 10 years ago.

Heres one thing, so cal has nice beachs, but nor cal has world class skiing at tahoe, does so cal have world class surfing??.....noooooo lol

also in so cal it seems to be either millionaire or poor immigrants. Nor cal is the happy medium, actually its still really quite an expensive area to live. But not to the extreme of parts of so cal.

another thing lol, LA isn't that interesting of a city to me, SF has much more culture and things to do.

and then theres the beauty, clean air, ect.

in conclusion nor cal def. wins lol!:)
smart girl

Upvote 0

march56

May 15, 2006
Wine country Temecula
✟7,925.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ive lived in So.Cal. all my life from San Luis Obispo to Temecula. Ive lived in the mountain communities and done alot of exploring. I'd have to say the worst thing about So.Cal. is the cars, cars and more cars.... I heard you can park 250,000 of em at LAX but I don't believe it.
The best thing about So.Cal. is the top of Mt. San Gorgonio from which you can see the desert and the ocean at the same time ( if the smog level is low).
Central Cal. is very nice but I think you have to learn Spanish now just to get bye.
Northern Ca. .... used to visit my grandparents in Cresent City. sort of a wetter colder version of Morro Bay except the people aren't as spoiled because jobs are scarce and the Indians are real. When I was little I could tell we were getting close when we started getting to alot of trees and the smell of the saw mills burning sawdust would be the ultimate. I'll never forget the rivers in Northern Ca. They have real water in them and real fish too!
-M.C.

Upvote 0