North Korea Slams U.S. Talks As 'Regrettable' After Pompeo Called Them 'Productive'

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/07/6268...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180707
Following Pompeo's remarks before departing Pyongyang, North Korea's foreign ministry said the talks with Pompeo were "regrettable" and accused the U.S. of making unilateral demands for denuclearization, The Associated Press reports.

"We expected that the U.S. side would come with productive measures conducive to building trust in line with the spirit of the North-U.S. summit and [we] considered providing something that would correspond to them," an unnamed foreign ministry spokesman said, according to the South Korean news agency Yonhap.

"The U.S. just came out with such unilateral and robber-like denuclearization demands as [complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization], declaration and verification that go against the spirit of the North-U.S. summit meeting."

But Pompeo had said that his conversations with senior North Korean official Kim Yong Chol were "productive" and that he had made progress "on almost all of the central issues." U.S. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said Pompeo did not meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as he has done on two previous visits to North Korea this year.
wow...who could have seen this was going to happen once Chairman Kim got his photo-op? :swoon:
tulc(no really) :sorry:

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ummmm lol lol lol ..oh my my my ... such contradiction
I was thinking the same thing. Such irony.

BUT anyone giggling and happy about this failure because of politics is an utter fool and should never breed.

• Winner
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Folks, the world is running out of oil and soon thereafter natural gas in amounts we can rely on as our energy source. Nuclear electric energy is our future sustainable energy source.

Having said that we need all the existing centrifuges we can make as well as all the uranium we can find to run these electric nuclear generation plants.

The world needs to “buy” North Korea’s enriched uranium giving North Korea a good money source to improve the living standards of their country.

Anyone here agree or disagree?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

BUT anyone giggling and happy about this failure because of politics is an utter fool and should never breed.
how can there be a failure of that which was not attempted . its all posturing . north korea is A geographical gate way to china and russia .. they are never going to sit idol and let nth K and Usa get buddy buddy lol . NTh K is a puppet on a string that doesnt know its a puppet on a string

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Folks, the world is running out of oil and soon thereafter natural gas in amounts we can rely on as our energy source. Nuclear electric energy is our future sustainable energy source.

Having said that we need all the existing centrifuges we can make as well as all the uranium we can find to run these electric nuclear generation plants.

The world needs to “buy” North Korea’s enriched uranium giving North Korea a good money source to improve the living standards of their country.

Anyone here agree or disagree?
I absolutely do not agree. The sun is more than ample to fuel earth's energy needs.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh I don't know, the US being a nuclear powerhouse with possibly the worst most powerful weapons and armed forces.
I didn't ask for your opinion, and this is not helpful. I will continue to wait for the answer of the one whom I did ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the contradiction? .. that could be useful, thank you.
that NK thinks it needs arms in order to negotiate
it is a contradiction because the us is negotiating from a position of... " having arms " lol And never negotiates without the proverbial man in the background pointing a gun

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely do not agree. The sun is more than ample to fuel earth's energy needs.
the joke in this is that the very energy you think you need is because you've been told you need it . the human race has lived for thousands of years without that energy and adopted it over the last 200 years only and in that 200 years have become astoundingly ignorant of how to exist with out it .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't ask for your opinion, and this is not helpful. I will continue to wait for the answer of the one whom I did ask.
steady on , his answer though worded differently is effectively the same - he saw it ;)

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
that NK thinks it needs arms in order to negotiate
it is a contradiction because the us is negotiating from a position of... " having arms " lol And never negotiates without the proverbial man in the background pointing a gun
Ok, well I can only think it is a contradiction if the world thinks that armed conflict is OK (which it presently does not).

If North Korea would become unarmed then how can USA really expect the world to think it is doing justice in it's negotiations by threatening an unarmed nation with it's weapons? (and, do you see it doing that to any such nation?). It is an instance of proving that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Unless.. maybe you can give an example of why North Korea needs weapons in order to negotiate with USA? (and, of course, what is it attempting to negotiate for? .. is it not the same as every other nation, that is, to do business as an international partner and to provide for it's people?)
the joke in this is that the very energy you think you need is because you've been told you need it . the human race has lived for thousands of years without that energy and adopted it over the last 200 years only and in that 200 years have become astoundingly ignorant of how to exist with out it .
No, it's no joke. I was about to say the very same thing you just said. But the sun is capable of much more than that too. There is a lot of potential for easily maximising the sun's potential by vertical farming technology.
steady on , his answer though worded differently is effectively the same - he saw it ;)
It wasn't "helpful" though. His spirit was not so well-meaning as yours :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Logic Over Emotionalism

2 boys & 2 girls (new baby girl born 12/1/18)
Jun 14, 2018
Rio Oso
✟19,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/07/6268...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180707

wow...who could have seen this was going to happen once Chairman Kim got his photo-op? :swoon:
tulc(no really) :sorry:

Let's not jump the gun and lets remember what also was said from NK side.

"We wholly maintain our trust toward President Trump,” - North Korea’s Foreign Ministry

There will be another meeting with a team from the Pentagon and NK on July 12th. So to say this is a complete failure is premature.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/07...y-says-talks-with-pompeo-regrettable-acc.html

From the article below:

Pyongyang is now emphasizing that it views the brief, 400-word agreement reached at that summit as just the very beginning of talks, not a promise to unilaterally disarm.

“They undoubtedly see this as the first stage in a phase-by-phase, step-by-step simultaneous approach leading to denuclearization,” said Joel Wit, a former State Department official who helped negotiate a 1994 nuclear agreement with North Korea.

Indeed, the wording of North Korea’s statement may also suggest that it viewed the four items in the Trump-Kim agreement as a schedule. Denuclearization was the third item on the list. The first item was to establish “new U.S.-DPRK relations,” followed by efforts to build “a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.” The statement released by Pyongyang on Saturday said that the “first process of defusing tension” would be to announce an official end to the Korean War.

But the North Korean Foreign Ministry complained Saturday that Pompeo’s team had “never mentioned the issue of establishing a peace regime on the Korean peninsula” while they were in Pyongyang. Instead, the statement said, the United States had continued its calls for “CVID”: complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization. That term has been repeatedly used by Pompeo and other U.S. officials to describe Washington’s aims in its talks with Pyongyang, though the State Department recently began using another term in its official statements: final, fully verified denuclearization.

North Korea highlighted what it saw as a major concessions on its part — the destruction of nuclear testing site Punggye-ri in May and the planned dismantling of a test facility for intercontinental ballistic missiles that it said would mark a “physical verification” of a freeze on missile production.

For all the harsh language in the Foreign Ministry’s statement on Saturday, it remained respectful of one man whose views of the negotiations are really crucial.

“We still cherish our good faith in President Trump,” the statement read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...29e386-8246-11e8-9200-b4dee4fb4e28_story.html

Through these talks with the Trump administration and NK we are no longer talking about war but peace. The sure thing that we are on talking terms instead of threatening as this administration and past administrations have done is a step in the right direction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/563012/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
objectivly speaking ,you just described the usa

There's no comparison between Trump and Kim's regime. Sure, Trump is bad but North Korea ... well, I can't even use the language on this forum that would be fitting for it.

• Agree
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't think anyone is happy about the failure. What people may giggle about is Trump's stupidity in thinking thinking N. Korea could be trusted after showing so many other times that it couldn't.

I wouldn't doubt that all of this depends more on China than N. Korea. N. K. was thumbing their noses at Trump until China called them to Beijing. Now that China is upset about Trump's tariffs and is responding with tariffs, N. K is laughing at Trump again.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's no comparison between Trump and Kim's regime. Sure, Trump is bad but North Korea ... well, I can't even use the language on this forum that would be fitting for it.
who brought up kim Or trump ..?

you said ...
" NK is a paranoid regime, getting it to denuclearize will be like pulling teeth."

i replied .you just described the usa .. 1 getting the usa to denuclearize IS harder then puling teeth
2 they are possibly the MOST paranoid nation on the planet going to war all over the world with countries on other shores who are no where near their own ..just in case on day they might get strong enough to attack ... you dont see that as paranoid ?

Upvote 0