Los Angeles Area
✟827,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
North Korea has begun rebuilding work on a satellite rocket launchpad and engine test site, in an ominous sign about its attitude toward negotiations on denuclearization.

The rebuilding work at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station began sometime between Feb. 16 and March 2, according to satellite imagery, meaning it began either just before or immediately after the breakdown of a summit meeting between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi on Feb. 28.

Tongchang-ri is North Korea’s largest missile engine test site. Work to dismantle it began shortly after denuclearization negotiations with the United States began, but stalled from August of last year. Now it has gone into reverse.

• Informative
Reactions: Go Braves

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
probably go back and forth for a while i'd guess. China may have to take a bit bigger role and then invite the U.S. back to the table.

on a side note, i consider myself pretty center politically, and not from the US, but I find it odd that many folks seem to be happy that North Korea may be working on their nuclear program again. it seems peace in a nuclear armed Korea isn't as important as politics.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Donald refused to listen to our intelligence community when they basically told him that North Korea was playing Lucy to his Charlie Brown. This isn't in the least bit surprising. Donald gave them a lifetime of propaganda material to work with, praising his "friend," believing him about Otto. He promised to end large-scale joint military drills with S Korea.

Their not even waiting till the smell of Donald's aftershave had cleared the air to start this shows how little respect they have for him.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
on a side note, i consider myself pretty center politically, and not from the US, but I find it odd that many folks seem to be happy that North Korea may be working on their nuclear program again. it seems peace in a nuclear armed Korea isn't as important as politics.
Who is happy? That makes no sense.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Who is happy? Some of us understand that things like this are an inevitable consequence of electing a very stable genius and master negotiator who is playing 3-dimensional chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't think anyone is happy about this.

Correct, people aren't happy about this, but those on the left who criticized Trump's actions regarding North Korea warned that this was the likely outcome, while Trump supporters were repeating Trump's idiotic claim of "nuclear threat removed".

Praising dictators, wishful thinking, and burying your head in the sand isn't good foreign policy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Correct, people aren't happy about this, but those on the left who criticized Trump's actions regarding North Korea warned that this was the likely outcome, while Trump supporters were repeating Trump's idiotic claim of "nuclear threat removed".

Praising dictators, wishful thinking, and burying your head in the sand isn't good foreign policy.

Of course... Trump's actions simply gave a wink and a nod to an evil regime based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
In twenty years I'm guessing most Trump supporters are going to admit he was an embarrassment at foreign policy. But right now, partisan passions are simply too high, with memories of Obama not far in the past, and the consequent race-bating of the right, it is difficult for people to think rationally.

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who is happy? Some of us understand that things like this are an inevitable consequence of electing a very stable genius and master negotiator who is playing 3-dimensional chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

i don't know what that means. i am sorry. i am not very political. my apologies. :)

by happy i mean i see people who seem to cheer Trump's plans going awry. although i suppose he has had some success. i am still shocked that that the North, South and United States even had some meetings together. That in itself is quite remarkable.

apologies again. have a good day. :)

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i don't know what that means. i am sorry. i am not very political. my apologies. :)

by happy i mean i see people who seem to cheer Trump's plans going awry. although i suppose he has had some success. i am still shocked that that the North, South and United States even had some meetings together. That in itself is quite remarkable.

apologies again. have a good day. :)
The North Koreans would have sat down with any US president who offered a meeting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The North Koreans would have sat down with any US president who offered a meeting.

Interesting. I am glad Trump did offer it then. Hopefully it makes dialogue easier in the future, despite setbacks, for the current or future US leaders to continue diplomacy in Korea.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. I am glad Trump did offer it then.

I’m not. It gained us nothing and lead to the disgusting site of the president heaping praise on the rule of a nation of enslaved people and saluting a North Korean general.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
In twenty years I'm guessing most Trump supporters are going to admit he was an embarrassment at foreign policy. But right now, partisan passions are simply too high, with memories of Obama not far in the past, and the consequent race-bating of the right, it is difficult for people to think rationally.

Not to be insensitive but in 20 years time I'm guessing Trump & a lot of the folks who are Trump supporters are going to have passed away or be close to it. Sure there's younger members of his base but he's appealed the most to the older crowd.

It should be pretty darn obvious already to anyone who is ever going to make an acknowledgement that he's an embarrassment at foreign policy.

Upvote 0