Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump was nominated 3 times for a Nobel peace prize. But many try to block that from their memories.

trump has been nominated, but that’s not the “big thing” he makes it out to be. There were 318 candidates for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2020 — 211 are individuals and 107 organizations.

Any one of thousands of people can nominate someone for the prestigious award. And two people have come forward saying they nominated trump.

But on its website, the Nobel committee warns not to attach too much importance to a nomination.

“Any person or organization can be nominated by anyone eligible to nominate,” the committee states. The Norwegian Nobel Committee has no input into submissions, though it decides who actually wins the prize. “To simply be nominated is therefore not an endorsement or extended honor to imply affiliation with the Nobel Peace Prize or its related institutions,” the committee states.

source: factcheck.org

Congratulations to Greta Thunberg!!

It all depends on what you put into your memory!

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a sad thing that so many threads that are started here quickly degenerate into bashing President TRUMP....really hardly matters what the original topic is, there are some here who search high and low to try to find a way to connect everything bad with President TRUMP. It gets OLD, real OLD, real FAST. I've come to the point where I refuse to discuss anything with those who do that because I KNOW their agenda. And then, these same people will make such a fuss about a post, that the moderators end up closing the thread. It's sad...real sad...

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,303.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I understand and agree...but I think if the TRUTH were known, we'd find out he's a COWARD in every way.
When you are confronted by a coward with a big stick you should be more concerned about the stick than the cowardice.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But this is just propaganda. trump is rated as the one of the US worst presidents by almost every reputable survey and the only president to be impeached twice. His "foreign policy", kissing up to Putin, Kim Jong-un, Erdoğan and other dictators, was extremely dangerous and a disgrace to our country. His domestic policy came to fruition on January 6.

President Biden, unlike trump, is welcomed by our NATO allies and all those who look up to the US as a world leader.

I'm sorry, but none of that squares with the actual history.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a sad thing that so many threads that are started here quickly degenerate into bashing President TRUMP....really hardly matters what the original topic is, there are some here who search high and low to try to find a way to connect everything bad with President TRUMP. It gets OLD, real OLD, real FAST. I've come to the point where I refuse to discuss anything with those who do that because I KNOW their agenda. And then, these same people will make such a fuss about a post, that the moderators end up closing the thread. It's sad...real sad...

Nobody is forcing you to participate in the discussion!

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,303.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's a sad thing that so many threads that are started here quickly degenerate into bashing President TRUMP.
The sad thing is that Trump behaved in such a manner that many feel impelled to comment negatively on his Presidency. It is not helped by the deluded individuals who buy into his claim that he won the election. You want the criticism to end? Then get your fellow travellers to accept defeat gracefully, rather than disgracefully. Then you can get back to making America normal again.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry, but none of that squares with the actual history.

Are you saying that I'm lying??? I can back up everything that I post.

I'm sorry, but all of that squares with the actual history.

Upvote 0

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It's nothing more than sabre rattling. Kim Jong-un might be crazy, but I don't think he's crazy enough to use a nuke on someone. The second he does his country becomes a wasteland. It's well on its way there now, thanks to his policies.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
trump has been nominated, but that’s not the “big thing” he makes it out to be. There were 318 candidates for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2020 — 211 are individuals and 107 organizations.

Any one of thousands of people can nominate someone for the prestigious award. And two people have come forward saying they nominated trump.

But on its website, the Nobel committee warns not to attach too much importance to a nomination.

“Any person or organization can be nominated by anyone eligible to nominate,” the committee states. The Norwegian Nobel Committee has no input into submissions, though it decides who actually wins the prize. “To simply be nominated is therefore not an endorsement or extended honor to imply affiliation with the Nobel Peace Prize or its related institutions,” the committee states.

source: factcheck.org

Congratulations to Greta Thunberg!!

It all depends on what you put into your memory!
Frankly, when Barack Obama received a Nobel Prize for literally no reason other than being President while black, I knew the whole thing was a joke.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Frankly, when Barack Obama received a Nobel Prize for literally no reason other than being President while black, I knew the whole thing was a joke.

You should probably take that up with the Nobel committee. Which other recipients do you think didn't deserve the award?

Perhaps the awarding of the Nobel prizes are a joke to you, but that's not the case with the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So people should remove themselves from a thread because others cannot stay on topic?

That's off-topic! Do you want to remove yourself from the discussion?

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
North Korea is not a real threat to any other nation. It's all paranoid bluster. Attacking any country with nukes will spell the complete destruction of their own country. Most know this but for reasons that escape me it's never mentioned by anyone in charge of mentioning such things. :scratch:
would hate to see south korea get nuked though, I have a friend living there.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's off-topic! Do you want to remove yourself from the discussion?
You are the one suggesting people should leave because they don't want to talk about Trump when the topic is about North Korea. Not me. Perhaps if you cannot stay on topic, you should go to one of the hundreds of threads dedicated to Trump. Just a suggestion. But regarding the topic, North Korea is obviously trying to take advantage to the perceived weakness in our President. Especially after how Biden handled Putin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should probably take that up with the Nobel committee. Which other recipients do you think didn't deserve the award?

Perhaps the awarding of the Nobel prizes are a joke to you, but that's not the case with the rest of the world.
Perhaps you could start a thread about it and we can discuss it there. But for now, I think we should treat North Korea as seriously as a child with a loaded gun.

Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single

I do agree that what the world presents as evil is not necessarily evil (and likewise the converse case).

But Donald Trump had decades of "behavioral (de)merit" for people to judge/discern - in addition to the things he explicitly said and did during his time in office. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... and we remove the fact that the entity has venom/poison to inflict, then it is a DUCK.

Trump doesn't fit the "unicorn" standard to walk and talk like a duck but be a platypus. He has been very open in his want for certain Israeli-descendants to count his money, how he treasures "tokens", and how his presidency was a block of American history that climaxed with his own supporters storming the capital and chanting to kill the vice president (while he and his family watched on TV).

... at some point it just is what it is, ya know?

• Agree
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are the one suggesting people should leave because they don't want to talk about Trump when the topic is about North Korea. Not me. Perhaps if you cannot stay on topic, you should go to one of the hundreds of threads dedicated to Trump. Just a suggestion. But regarding the topic, North Korea is obviously trying to take advantage to the perceived weakness in our President. Especially after how Biden handled Putin.

President Biden did an excellent job opposing Putin, unlike Trump who pandered to the worst, most repressive dictators on the planet.

Unlike trump, President Biden will stand up for democratic values around the world. Putin and Kim
Jong-un are the enemies of the US. President Biden realizes that; trump never did.

• Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
President Biden did an excellent job opposing Putin, unlike Trump who pandered to the worst, most repressive dictators on the planet.

Unlike trump, President Biden will stand up for democratic values around the world. Putin and Kim
Jong-un are the enemies of the US. President Biden realizes that; trump never did.

Biden called Putin "a worthy adversary"; a bit short of calling him an enemy.

Upvote 0