United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am inclined to believe that the United States may heading toward some form of military action against North Korea. I don't think that North Korea will be deterred by economic sanctions and President Trump has indicated that he does not believe this either. President Trump has threatened to cut off trade with any nation that trades with North Korea. Is China being threatened with a cessation of US trade unless it totally abandons its economic relationship with North Korea? I can imagine the economic and political turmoil that this would engender. However I don't see how this would happen without Congressional approval. The rhetoric from the Trump is escalating tensions. It's hard to imagine that this will end well.

If military action is successful in the short run this could provide a needed boost to Trump and give some traction to his agenda which now appears moribund. With the executive branch and Congress under Republican control this could be a turn around for Trump if he could pull this off without causing some type of cataclysm.

Last edited:

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If military action is successful in the short run this could provide a needed boost to Trump and give some traction to his agenda which now appears moribund. With the executive branch and Congress under Republican control this could be a turn around for Trump if he could pull this off without causing some type of cataclysm.
It's hard to imagine military action against North Korea that doesn't involve a cataclysm.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
One important detail in this is that it is estimated that thirty six percent of the population of North Korea are Christians....... who are horribly persecuted. Their courage is astonishing..... .and their prayers are going to be answered.

Isaiah 45:13

"I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.|

If Rabbi Judah ben Samuel was correct about 1917, 1967 and 2017 would be Jubilee years then........
it is logical that God would put political leaders into place who would be willing to assist with the fulfillment of Jubilee.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God can and has put down and raised up political leaders in the past; Daniel 4:17; Psalms 75:6-7. He did it with Jews and Gentiles alike. He could do it with Kim Jong Un, and whoever else He thought necessary, through North Koreans themselves, heart attack, stroke, whatever, or through a foreign military. I pray Father that many Christians might be spared if war breaks out. I pray casualties will be at a minimum so that the lost can live a little longer to possibly come to Christ. I pray You guide those You choose to use, to do what You would have them do in a way that would be merciful to North Korea, yet effective to spare millions, and even hundreds of thousands, and less, keeping casualties very low.
May You be greatly praise at the conclusion of this crisis. Amen.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's hard to imagine military action against North Korea that doesn't involve a cataclysm.

Totally agree.

It's actually hard to see any scenario - economic, military or political - where there isn't widespread misery, if not death and destruction.

If economic sanctions continue to be tightened, North Korea could get to the point where it becomes a failed state and everything collapses in on itself.

If there's an internal revolution caused by the sanctions, it could quite easily devolve into Arab Spring style unrest at best, and a full on civil war at worst.

And, if North Korea is pushed internally, I can easily see KJU lashing out at an external enemy as a unifying action. Even without nuclear weapons in the mix, North Korea essentially holds Seoul at gunpoint. It has strong enough conventional artillery forces that it can pound the city, and there's little that South Korean and US forces could do about that in short order.

The best thing that I can see happening is a transition of power away from KJU to someone less bellicose.

Unfortunately, most of the population seems to have been brought up believing they're under imminent threat from the US and South Korea. So, any successor may only be a notch or two down the totem pole in the crazy stakes. Or a couple of notches up it.

North Korea is a bit of a black hole when it comes to political succession though - the most hopeful outcome if KJU goes is actually some kind of collective, Communist-party based rule. But realistically, no-body knows.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the only way that this can end "well", is if the whole thing becomes irrelevant after some heroic north korean leads a coup and decapitates NK leadership, immediatly followed by a statement saying that "KJU was a loose cannon and by extension an existential threat to both NK as well as the rest of the world. No longer. All nuclear profilation and ballistic missile research will immediatly end and NK will become a normal free country ready to enter the 21st century".

I'm not holding my breath, though. A man can dream, I guess.
Barring such a scenario, I really don't see how this will end well for all involved (and beyond)

Upvote 0