1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

North Carolina

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by AnnMercy2, Nov 14, 2003.

1. LadyOfMystery

LadyOfMystery Heart of Gold Supporter

+7,842
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    lol Wow the last time I posted in this thread it was practically 2 years ago!

I live in the triad but I'd love to live up in the mountains or foothills. But people who live up there are set in their ways and have no plans to move. So theres slim to none houses for sale that fit our needs.

2. puregrl

puregrl Senior Member

+85
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I grew up in the mountains outside of asheville, love the area, it will always be home to me. Spent a few years near hickory getting used to the lack of mountains and flatter land. Now I am in eastern nc, the heat and humidity is evil. I miss the mountains!!

3. LadyOfMystery

+7,842
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yup! I think it's about 90 today? Or maybe even hotter. :doh:

4. puregrl

puregrl Senior Member

+85
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    94 here....evil

5. LadyOfMystery

+7,842
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Ohh yikes!

6. William67

William67 Member

+2,217
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Well, most people there dont like to use real estate agents. However, if you have family there, you can get some real deals. A few years ago, my uncle had a friend who wanted to sell his 92 acres for $1000/acre. Too bad its a bit early for me to retire or I would have snapped it up. As always, it depends upon who you know.

7. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,307
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I think North Carolina is far enough south not to be affected by the pressure on real estate from Washington, DC, right?

8. William67

William67 Member

+2,217
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Kind of. But we get pressure from the major cities here like Charlotte, Raleigh, and the coast. Then there are the "trendy" areas, like Asheville and Boone. In my area, lots can run for $20k for 3/4 acre lot to $100k. Farmland is usually snapped up by developers as soon as it come on the market. Which is why, when I retire, I will sell to family with the stipulation in the contract that they can never sell to developers.

When I retire, I will either buy around Macon/Cherokee Counties or across the line in se Tennessee. I have a ton of family in both places.

9. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,307
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I think Tennesse is a less expensive state in any case.

Lots of Canadians have second homes in the American South. (It's snowing up here already... :) )

10. youngthomas

youngthomas Junior Member

+4
    Anglican
    Single
    Northeastern NC, near the Outer Banks. Sure wish I knew of some Christians my age around here. Anyways, hey to all you Carolinians

11. BlueLioness

BlueLioness Guest

+0
    North Carolina surfaces bad memories about the guy I fell in love with dumping me. I didn't take too well to being dumped, not when my heart was already his. It hurt and shocked me too much.

He hurt me...emotionally. I've got to find it somewhere in me to forgive him for that. But I don't think he knows he hurt me because I never told him that his dumping me was the reason of my pain. I didn't want to let him go, my feelings for him were very strong.

I'd rather not think about North Carolina, that is where he was from and it makes me think about him and opens a can of worms, so to speak.

North Carolina is such a curse to me...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  12. WalksWithChrist

WalksWithChrist Seeking God's Will

+1,240
    Unitarian
    Married
    If I was you, I'd unsubscribe from the thread.

13. AndrewK788

AndrewK788 Guest

+0
    Yeah, TN is definitely cheaper. Real estate is a little cheaper, the tax on gasoline is less than NC (NC has the highest gas tax of any state in the SE), and Tennessee has no income tax, though a slightly higher sales tax. And there you have it. I live in the Asheville area but have a lot of family in the Chattanooga area so i'm familiar with both states! :wave:

14. strwy

strwy JESUS is my rock & the ONLY way

+86
    Christian
    Private
    Dearest friends,

N.&S. Carolina are grreeat

Strwy