North Carolina

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi :)
Have been living in the Lost Provence since 2006. Ashe County.
Moved here from hometown in Florida. NOT a half-back ;)
My family spent 3 months of every summer on Slick Rock Mountain, just outside of Brevard, from the time I was 5 to 15 years old. No housing, no water, no electricity, no plumbing.
I fell in love with NC then and have been trying to get back ever since. It took nearly 40 years, but now I'm finally home!

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
thispoorman said:
Newbie checking in, here. Originally from Roanoke, VA, but been living here in "Mayberry" NC since 2000...Goober sez hey. :wave:
Welcome Sir, I'm in the far NW corner of the state :) within a few min of the VA state line and less than hour from the TN state line.
We finally got some real winter last week.

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My moms family is from Franklin! :) I lived there as a little girl for just a spell...kids in grade school carried guns walking through the woods near their house because of wild animals...that was like forty years ago. :) My grandpa had a tiny store like little house on the prairy store but smaller....we lived in a hillbilly house 40 years agio and it was my moms childhood home.... the new owners restored it after my grandparents sold it so they could move into retirement home....I'm so glad they did that. :) I swear a little magical fresh water spring flowed were the new house was built by the new owners. They use the country store as a storage shed now and the ground has seemed to rise over the walls and front door of the store to make it seem even smaller. Snakes!!! oh my goodness did snakes ever abound back then...they were everywhere! :)

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
TamaraLynne said:
My moms family is from Franklin! :) I lived there as a little girl for just a spell...kids in grade school carried guns walking through the woods near their house because of wild animals...that was like forty years ago. :) My grandpa had a tiny store like little house on the prairy store but smaller....we lived in a hillbilly house 40 years agio and it was my moms childhood home.... the new owners restored it after my grandparents sold it so they could move into retirement home....I'm so glad they did that. :) I swear a little magical fresh water spring flowed were the new house was built by the new owners. They use the country store as a storage shed now and the ground has seemed to rise over the walls and front door of the store to make it seem even smaller. Snakes!!! oh my goodness did snakes ever abound back then...they were everywhere! :)

Wow, you should write that up and send it to Our State magazine! That is terrific, wonderful story!

Upvote 0

KittyVel

Meow! :3
Feb 10, 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
✟7,669.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hiya! North Carolina native, right here! Born in Jacksonville, NC, and raised in Greensboro! :3 Not the safest city (unfortunately, shootings, stabbings, kidnappings, and animal cruelty cases are no strangers here), but I love it here. <3 Anyone else in the Greensboro/High Point/Summerfield area?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Hiya! North Carolina native, right here! Born in Jacksonville, NC, and raised in Greensboro! :3 Not the safest city (unfortunately, shootings, stabbings, kidnappings, and animal cruelty cases are no strangers here), but I love it here. <3 Anyone else in the Greensboro/High Point/Summerfield area?
I went to White Oak in '87 just for a year. I might now your mom and/or dad.
:cool:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Hey! Any of my NC peeps have experiences with their home security systems they'd like to share? Post here or PM me. I have an old friend in WA state who is advising me who does this sort of work, but I'm also looking for a local perspective.
Right now I'm leaning towards purchasing a system myself and installing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

emily_elizabeth

Faith, hope, and love
Nov 28, 2010
Torrington, Connecticut
✟8,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My husband and I are moving to Charlotte August 6th...already have a place and everything. :clap: I lived in Raleigh for 7 months in 2010 (myself, not my husband) and since coming back to Connecticut I've missed it very much and I can't wait to be back in my favorite state!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
nah still around :) Regional forums are so slow here. We have a monthly get-together with my car club, it's unfortunate we Christians aren't really active about making other connections outside our church...well, other than Christian Mingle of course, which I now have no use for :p

Any of you Triangle folks like cars, we have our monthly meets at Waverly Place (in Cary) 1st Saturday of every month.

Upvote 0