PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really familiar with private colleges (Christian or otherwise) but maybe there are some ways you can feel like you fit in.
I'm plan on joining some organizations (clubs) this fall like the College Democrats and the German Club for instance. I know that I'll never be one of them but at least I think I'll feel more a part of things.
I guess I'm kind of lucky because people are for the most part relaxed at my school so as while there may be some who act like I don't belong there, most are fine with me as long as they feel respected (and not thinking I'm better than them just because I'm older) by me.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a traditional college student (so I probably shouldn't be posting here...) at a small, private Christian university, and I've had classes with non-traditional students, and some of them became my friends. if I had the chance, I would gladly hang out more with non-traditional students

(sorry if that was kinda garbled...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mouse1203

Jul 5, 2007
VA
Visit site
✟7,828.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DH and I are nearing 27, and we are considering attending a small Christian college. I've taken some classes, and sometimes I have a harder time fitting in because of my age, but that isn't what it's about.

I was a bit dismayed when students found out I was only a year younger than one of our professors though. I had a hard time living it down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1lostsheep

Apr 21, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

aigiqinf

Senior Veteran
Mar 5, 2006
✟14,396.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Sefirato
Upvote 0