Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We don't deny heterosexual couples marriage licenses when the couple is infertile so what's this potential for reproduction copout?

Only an excuse to justify a blatant personal prejudice. No biggie, we see this all the time :)

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How, specifically are these reports flawed?

You've cited an article report that shows that children raised by a single guardian don't do as well as children raised by two guardians. You've cited a report that shows that adult children of divorced parents are less likely to marry someone of the opposite gender.

And you've cited a "Pamphlet" from the Family Research Institute. The studies cited by that pamphlet are mainly outdated - some reaching far back to when homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Newer studies, as I've shown in my previous post to you on this page, have shown much of the conclusions on that pamphlet to be mistaken.

Not to mention that none of it backs up your claims - that same sex couples are "dysfunctional" or that same sex marriage damages any society that has legalized it. This last claim you have cited no evidence for in this thread - though you have made that claim multiple times.

The point still remains - legal marriage is not based on the ability to reproduce with one's intended spouse. I would really like to see why, given this fact, what non-religious arguments do you have against same sex marriage?

The very same must be applied to the research you promote in your favor. How valid is it? Is it honest or does it simply seek to replace what was already established. Children generally do much better in a family atmosphere where there is both a loving Father and Mother. Divorce has been shown to be very disruptive again and again. In at least some cases a divorce has resulted from a guy dumping his family responsibilities in a responce to the act of adultery. That act may or may not have started as a sexual experiment that should not have occurred. Homosexual relationships do not procreate children, but homosexual relationships have ruined marriages.

Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Children generally do much better in a family atmosphere where there is both a loving Father and Mother.
In two parent household sure, but you can supply no evidence that the sex of these two parents matters.

Divorce has been shown to be very disruptive again and again. In at least some cases a divorce has resulted from a guy dumping his family responsibilities in a responce to the act of adultery. That act may or may not have started as a sexual experiment that should not have occurred. Homosexual relationships do not procreate children, but homosexual relationships have ruined marriages.
Again, this argument holds no water unless you are petitioning equally to bar infertile couples from marrying as well.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Homosexual relationships do not procreate children, but homosexual relationships have ruined marriages.

Sure, because the man or woman was too afraid to "come out", so they get into a heterosexual relationship anyway and it turns into a disaster. If it were easier for people to "come out" and be who they are, things like this would happen a lot less.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Now I am not know for my aptitude in relationships, but being heterosexual, I would not cheat on my wife with another man. I don´t see any reason for a heterosexual to do so.

On the other hand, heterosexual relationships outside of the marriage have also been know to destroy a relationship. And even by higher numbers that homosexual ones.

Perhaps we should ban the heteros from marrying?

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, because the man or woman was too afraid to "come out", so they get into a heterosexual relationship anyway and it turns into a disaster. If it were easier for people to "come out" and be who they are, things like this would happen a lot less.

I don't think anyone twisted their arm, unless the girl became pregnant perhaps------but then they were doing something some would suggest was against their nature in the first place (if one listens to homosexual rationalizations) .............

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,548.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What is the deal with equating marriage with procreation? Do you think bears need to exchange wedding vows before they mate and have offspring? Is it that you believe marriage is important to procreation or that procreation is important to marriage? Why?

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now I am not know for my aptitude in relationships, but being heterosexual, I would not cheat on my wife with another man. I don´t see any reason for a heterosexual to do so.

On the other hand, heterosexual relationships outside of the marriage have also been know to destroy a relationship. And even by higher numbers that homosexual ones.

Perhaps we should ban the heteros from marrying?

I would disagree. The cheating may just begin as pronagraphy. <staff edit> ......... Filth in filth out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,548.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would disagree. The cheating may just begin as pronagraphy. Pictures of girls doing it with girls, guys with guys, men with children, women with animals--------------not much different than actually doing it. Filth in filth out.
:confused:

I fail to see how this relates to what you quoted?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I would disagree. The cheating may just begin as pronagraphy. Pictures of girls doing it with girls, guys with guys, men with children, women with animals--------------not much different than actually doing it. Filth in filth out.

May begin? Is the inappropriate contentography already cheating? I don´t think so.

Cheating is a sexual act with a different partner. And even if a person would "begin" with inappropriate contentography... what heterosexual man gets off on gay inappropriate contentography.

I might have a too small sample space to answer that question. I can only say: I don´t.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In two parent household sure, but you can supply no evidence that the sex of these two parents matters.

Again, this argument holds no water unless you are petitioning equally to bar infertile couples from marrying as well.

Infertile couple don't know that they are infertile until they get married and have sex for quite sometime. Sex before marriage is not to be encouraged. Homosexual sex never produce one baby; however, even old ladies have been known to have a blessed event on occasion...

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think anyone twisted their arm, unless the girl became pregnant perhaps------but then they were doing something some would suggest was against their nature in the first place (if one listens to homosexual rationalizations) .............

It has nothing to do with any "arm twisting" but everything to do with the rest of society pressuring gays to conform to their standards. I would think that would be a bit obvious.

Upvote 0

angellica

Jul 11, 2008
Memphis
✟8,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

HOW can you compare the fact that homosexuals can't have kids and an infertile couple can't have kids??? A homosexual relationship NEVER produces kids. It is biologically impossible. With an infertile couple, either one or both of the people involved has a medical problem that prevents them from being able to have kids. Please be respectful of infertile couples out there and don't compare them to a gay couple because those are two very different situations.

Upvote 0

angellica

Jul 11, 2008
Memphis
✟8,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It has nothing to do with any "arm twisting" but everything to do with the rest of society pressuring gays to conform to their standards. I would think that would be a bit obvious.
Most people wouldn't let society tell them to marry a person if they didn't want to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Most people wouldn't let society tell them to marry a person if they didn't want to.

Hmm, let's see... On the one hand, I could come out and live my life as a gay person, risking all sorts of descrimination, harrassment, possible bodily harm or even death.

OR I could get married and pretend to be straight, and all will be well and good. I could just sneak out every now and again for a clandestine rendezvous to get my rocks off. No one will know.

The choice is not a simple one for some people. SURELY you can see the allure of the second option.

Your post is rubbish.

Reactions: Beanieboy
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
HOW can you compare the fact that homosexuals can't have kids and an infertile couple can't have kids??? A homosexual relationship NEVER produces kids. It is biologically impossible. With an infertile couple, either one or both of the people involved has a medical problem that prevents them from being able to have kids. Please be respectful of infertile couples out there and don't compare them to a gay couple because those are two very different situations.

I wasn't aware the infertile couples sometimes have kids.

This week, I read Savage Love, a sex and relationship column by Dan Savage, a gay man in a relationship who is raising a child with his partner. A woman wrote in saying that she was having an affair with a man who had children and a wife, but promised he would leave them. However, he kept making up excuses about why this wasn't a good time. In the meantime, she has become pregnant.

Dan says that while he is unsure of what she should do, except that the future child deserves far better parents than her, as do the children of the cheating husband, he said that he was going to hold on to the letter to wave in front of people who claim that opposite sex parents are necessarily better parents than gay ones.

So, while I would surely respect infertile parents, I would ask that you do the same for gay parents that do indeed have children (artificial insemination) or by adoption, which are just as much their children as those who are born by reproduction.

Reactions: WatersMoon110
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.