Non-Pauline Christians

A

All Souls

Because Yeshua and his disciples read Hebrew and Aramaic. Non-hellenized Jews at that time can not read Greek.

Ok, I think you have some wires crossed. The Bible you're reading in Aramaic (or an English translation from Aramaic) is an Aramaic translation of Greek MSS. So you're not reading a better MSS at all!

In reality you are reading:

Greek MSS ---> Aramaic translation --->English translation​

Whereas I am reading:

Greek MSS ---> English translation​

I am also unsure where you're getting your information from, Greek was known in Palestine! See this which concludes:

By way of conclusion, I would maintain that the most commonly used language of Palestine in the first century A.D. was Aramaic, but that many Palestinian Jews, not only those in Hellenistic towns, but farmers and craftsmen of less obviously Hellenized areas used Greek, at least as a second language.

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To add to post 200, the Persecuted Church also offers validity to Apostle Paul's teachings.

A persecuted believer is familiar with Apostle Paul's teachings, knowing what occurs when persecutors are "sold into slavery under sin."

And when the persecutor was/is someone like Paul, Ted Grimsrud communicates exactly what occurs in his work God's Saving Justice: Paul and Salvation. Quoted material under Grimsrud's caption Idolatry II: Works of the Law is exactly what many persecuted believers are familiar with-- their brother Apostle Paul's testimony.

Grimsrud said:
The law itself is “spiritual,” of the Holy Spirit. However, when Paul’s zealotry sought to use it as a basis for injustice, he showed himself to have been “sold into slavery under sin.” As a consequence, Paul was utterly bamboozled concerning the true message of Torah. “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” What he wanted to do was serve the God of Israel, faithfully practice Torah, and live a holy life. However, he actually worshiped idols instead of God. His mind was darkened. He ended up not serving God but doing the opposite (“the very thing I hate”); he served an idol.

Persecuted believers will nod their heads yes at each careful point in Grimsrud's studious work.

10. God’s Saving Justice: Paul and Salvation | Peace Theology

Last edited:
Upvote 0