Non-Genesis Creationists

kingreaper

Sep 12, 2004
✟1,055.00
Faith
Atheist
mo.mentum said:
Did anyone ever consider the NON-CHRISTIAN and NON-GENESIS view of Creationists from other faiths? I know you guys are out there, show yourselves.

I raise my hands for one. Salaam!
Umm

Isn't the islamic creation story almost exactly the same as the christian one?

So why woul we need to make seperate arguments against islamic creationists?

Upvote 0

Sanguine

Neutiquam erro
Mar 27, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
✟16,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Tomk80 said:
Since the creationist movement is most active from the camp of the christian creationists and other creationist movements are seldom heard, they aren't discussed much.

Not like it matters though, they're equally wrong. ;)

Upvote 0

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mo.mentum said:
Did anyone ever consider the NON-CHRISTIAN and NON-GENESIS view of Creationists from other faiths? I know you guys are out there, show yourselves.

sorry for my spelling, but alekum salaam!
Welcome to the creation and evolution forum, we'd be glad to hear your views--be prepared this is a debating forum and many will disagree--hopefully, all will at least be civil
Tommy

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
mo.mentum said:

If you take the link in the "National Geographic Was Darwin Wrong" thread, the excerpt of the article contains a mention of a few creationists who aren't Christians.

I'm curious about how many Australian aboriginies who hold to their religion regard the Dream Time as literal. They would be non-Christian creationists too.

And of course, everyone of every religion who thinks that the Earth and the life on it came from a deity in one way or another can be considered a creationist, even if they have a more hands off or clock winding deity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

P4g4nite

Noob
Jun 23, 2004
Wagga Wagga
✟9,011.00
Faith
Atheist
US said:
I'm curious about how many Australian aboriginies who hold to their religion regard the Dream Time as literal. They would be non-Christian creationists too.
Probably not a whole lot anymore, that has been fairly effectively stamped out by the churches.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0