Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Christian Apologetics: non-Christians Read and Agree before Posting

The purpose of the Christian Apologetics forum in the Outreach category is to give non-Christians the opportunity to start threads to challenge Christian theology, beliefs and practices, and Christians the opportunity to rationally defend their beliefs. If you would like to participate in this forum, please make a post in this thread acknowledging that you have read the Statement of Purpose for the Christian Apologetics forum and agree to follow the guidelines, as well as the sitewide rules. You must have 100 posts and five likes to post in this forum.

If you receive multiple staff actions for violating the SoP for this forum, or the sitewide rules, your access to the this forum will be removed. Your access may be restored if you agree to discuss your staff actions with the Admins in the Member Services Center and are willing to receive mentoring. **If you make a post or start a thread before reading and agreeing with this sticky thread, your post or thread will be removed.

If you have any questions please ask in this thread, or send a PM to Sojourner1
I have read the statement and the rules and agree with them. Thank you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

The purpose of the Christian Apologetics forum in the Outreach category is to give non-Christians the opportunity to start threads to challenge Christian theology, beliefs and practices, and Christians the opportunity to rationally defend their beliefs. If you would like to participate in this forum, please make a post in this thread acknowledging that you have read the Statement of Purpose for the Christian Apologetics forum and agree to follow the guidelines, as well as the sitewide rules. You must have 100 posts and five likes to post in this forum.

If you receive multiple staff actions for violating the SoP for this forum, or the sitewide rules, your access to the this forum will be removed. Your access may be restored if you agree to discuss your staff actions with the Admins in the Member Services Center and are willing to receive mentoring. **If you make a post or start a thread before reading and agreeing with this sticky thread, your post or thread will be removed.

I have read and I accept the Statement of Purpose and the sitewide rules and will comply with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. I recently gained access to this forum (which I never had before) but have not signed up for it.

So I am (ex post facto) signing up and requesting permission to post here.

BTW - since Christians also are supposed to sign up, I would suggest editing the title to include Christians as well as non-Christians. As it reads now, we believers are exempt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ShamashUruk

Hello
Jul 19, 2017
California
✟24,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

I have read the SOP and Rules.

Upvote 0

possibletarian

Dec 27, 2016
Peak District
✟33,311.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Read & Agreed

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Read and agreed, but I have a question. The SoP includes this:
  • Only Christian members (see our faith groups list) may defend the Christian faith against arguments and opposing viewpoints from non-Christian members.
This seems to prevent a non-Christian member from pointing out an error of fact in a post by another non-Christian member, since that might be regarded as implicitly defending the Christian faith. Could you clarify this please.
I cannot find any reply to this within this thread, or in my Inbox. I would still appreciate clarification on this point. (And an explanation of the reason for the ruling would be welcome.)

Upvote 0

MewtwoX

Veteran
Dec 11, 2005
Ontario, Canada
✟9,746.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals

I have read and agree to follow these rules.

Upvote 0