✟471.00
Faith
Messianic
This is a remarkable truth from the scriptures and really places the

progression of events regarding God's interaction with man in a clear

perspective.

In the times up till the 1st advent, Israel/Jews had a closer knowledge

of God and set good standards , so to speak hence the scriptures says

they were not to behave as Gentiles and not submit to hardness of heart as the non -Christian Gentiles would do..

Now today many Jews are now GENTILES [Not grafted in] due to rejection of God..

EPHESIANS4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles [today's Jews, Muslims,budhists etc]walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart [Jews not in Christ, Muslims..]:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

Re-acceptance of majority of Gentile Jews into Israel
based on ONE CONDITION

ROMANS 11:23 .. If they do NOT persist in unbelief will be grafted in, For God has the power to GRAFT THEM IN AGAIN..

However, in Christ the New Israel HAS NOTHING to do with cultural

and tribal selectivity criteria. That is, the only way to be OF ISRAEL

is through Christ hence in these times

THE GENTILES of today include

-Many non Christian Jews who know not Christ
-Muslims
-Buddhists
-Zoroastrians
-Atheists etc

ROMANS 9:27 Isaiah also crieth concerning (earthly) Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant shall be saved: For the Lord will execute his sentence on the earth quickly and decisively...

That is, it is all THROUGH FAITH and makes perfect sense as taught in the scriptures. It may seem a shade strange but GOD DOES not use nationalities

in determining who is of ISRAEL.

How do the vast majority of JEWS feel about being the GENTILES of today?:rolleyes:

Very interesting... Non-God believing Jews [who form the vast majority of Jews [close to 90% of ALL JEWS] are just as Gentile as Muslim Arabs, Buddhists etc..

Your views?

You are either with God or against God.. in the latter, as a gentile.

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
SonWorshipper said:
What kind of twisted logic is that? How do you explain that the L-rd knows exactly where all the tribes are and 12,000 from each are to be sealed as in Rev 7?

Where did you get "This is a remarkable truth " from?
Gee just maybe that shouldnt be taken literally,,ya know the way you dont take 1;1 literally. Perhaps these 12,000 are mentioned elswhere in Scripture,, maybe right here, since Jesus came primarily to the Lost sheep of Israel:

John 6:45
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
(KJV)

Looks like a perfect number to be ...all , Jesus didnt mis any, all whom the Father called recognized Jesus as Messiah.

Hitch

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
SonWorshipper said:
What kind of twisted logic is that? How do you explain that the L-rd knows exactly where all the tribes are and 12,000 from each are to be sealed as in Rev 7?

Where did you get "This is a remarkable truth " from?

I do not question the number to be sealed from each tribe.

God knows where they are .... for He knows what is even "hidden" in human

minds.

It was not difficult to locate Joseph and Mary in the 1st century.... and I know for a fact that the same applies today.

In actual fact, God knew where they would live even before they were born.

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Wills said:
I do not question the number to be sealed from each tribe.

God knows where they are .... for He knows what is even "hidden" in human

minds.

It was not difficult to locate Joseph and Mary in the 1st century.... and I know for a fact that the same applies today.

In actual fact, God knew where they would live even before they were born.
Wills, I am still waiting for your evidence to show that Indian and British people are Jews. I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now....what evidence do you have?

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
Pericles said:
Wills, I am still waiting for your evidence to show that Indian and British people are Jews. I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now....what evidence do you have?
My focus was not on ONLY Brits and Indians. You got that completely wrong.

The point I made was that Israelites can be found in all nations on earth. Not debatable.

This verse tells you that they are not localised and restricted to a backyard

somewhere--

Rev[size=+2]7[/size] And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth :sigh: holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree..
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

again MATTHEW 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The entire Planet's span is referred to in Rev 7 [repeated in Mt 24 earlier]during their gathering. Whether Rev 7/Mt 24 happened in the 1st century or not, is irrelevant to the fact that God spanned the Planet when referring to his Israelites and timing is irrelevant here.

I will not discuss timing of that in this post.

Please refrain from focusing on Brits and Indians... they are not the
only nations on Earth where Israelites can be located
They were merely 2 examples I gave..

It would be quite absurd to ask whether ALL Brits are Israelites.... not all residents of a land are from the same stock. see Judea 1st advent

God distribution of His own Israelites is not restricted.

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Wills said:
The entire Planet's span is referred to in Rev 7 [repeated in Mt 24 earlier]during their gathering. Whether Rev 7/Mt 24 happened in the 1st century or not, is irrelevant to the fact that God spanned the Planet when referring to his Israelites and timing is irrelevant here.
Yeah...so the elect are the Jews? I thought the elect are the Christians!

Wills said:
Please refrain from focusing on Brits and Indians... they are not the only nations on Earth where Israelites can be located
They were merely 2 examples I gave..

It would be quite absurd to ask whether ALL Brits are Israelites.... not all residents of a land are from the same stock. see Judea 1st advent

God distribution of His own Israelites is not restricted.
No, but I insist! That's what you said!! You said that British and Indian people TODAY are Jews. I want to know how you know this! Did you make it up? I want to know if you are making up statements that you expect other people to take for granted. This has nothing to do with timing, so don't bring timing up!

Also, are you completely ignorant of Jewish tradition, and of the fact that Jews are not supposed to marry gentiles? If these people married gentiles, they are no longer Jews...so what is your explanation of this matter?

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
Pericles said:
Yeah...so the elect are the Jews? I thought the elect are the Christians!

The elect have accepted Christ.... their nationality is irrelevant.
I was referring to Israelites who believe in Christ in my Rev 7 /Mt 24 in response to your question regarding Indians etc. I was NOT referring to Non Christian Jews.

The entire Planet's span is referred to in Rev 7 [repeated in Mt 24 earlier]during their
gathering. Whether Rev 7/Mt 24 happened in the 1st century or not, is irrelevant to the
fact that God spanned the Planet when referring to his Israelites and timing is irrelevant
here.

Pericles said:
No, but I insist! That's what you said!! You said that British and Indian people TODAY are Jews. I want to know how you know this! Did you make it up? I want to know if you are making up statements that you expect other people to take for granted. This has nothing to do with timing, so don't bring timing up!

Also, are you completely ignorant of Jewish tradition, and of the fact that Jews are not supposed to marry gentiles? If these people married gentiles, they are no longer Jews...so what is your explanation of this matter?

There are Israelites all over the Planet. Period. Those 2 nations are mere examples of where they could be found. I was not limiting Israelites to those 2 nations. Any efforts to argue otherwise would be futile. God never restricted current Israelites to one location.

Regarding Jewish marriage traditions etc , are you unaware of the fact that in Christ THERE IS NO JEW OR GENTILE...?

Or have you never heard about that? Christ is not restricted to Jews.

Otherwise Christ's bride would not be made up of Gentiles.

Read the Bible.

Israelites in Christ living on earth today are not bound by "fictional" ethnic marriage restrictions .

In Christ there is No Jew or Gentile...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
armothe said:
Could you please tell me why you believe Jews are to play such an important role in Eschatology then?

-A

I believe you are referring to Israelites who have fully accepted God and Christ.
Well , the Bible mentions their role in Revelation 7 and Revelation 14. [Matthew 24:31.. etc]

It is important to always ensure that your definition of Jew matches that which God

has specified ESPECIALLY regarding Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9.

As I said, these Israelites are not known as Israelites at this time since God's plan regarding that event cannot be perceived at that level by mortals.

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Wills said:
I believe you are referring to Israelites who have fully accepted God and Christ.
Well , the Bible mentions their role in Revelation 7 and Revelation 14. [Matthew 24:31.. etc]

It is important to always ensure that your definition of Jew matches that which God

has specified ESPECIALLY regarding Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9.

As I said, these Israelites are not known as Israelites at this time since God's plan regarding that event cannot be perceived at that level by mortals.
Uh??? What in the world are you talking about? I thought ALL ISRAEL will be saved?!?

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
Pericles said:
Uh??? What in the world are you talking about? I thought ALL ISRAEL will be saved?!?
You know not the scriptures. You have no idea about the number to be saved. You may have been deceived.

Only those who believe in Christ will be saved. :rolleyes:

[size=-1]ROMANS 9:27 And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only :rolleyes: the remnant shall be saved: for the Lord will execute his word upon the earth..[/size]

Even a child could understand this.

Revelation 7 and Revelation 14 lists a specific number of Israelites.

Are you not aware of this?

Romans9: 6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
Pericles said:
You have to be very careful to avoid disputing Jesus by relying on such generalisations.

Christ was extremely severe in this regard. Please take note for God has warned all.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, :rolleyes:

God has been very very exact in this area. This warning must never be overlooked.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, :rolleyes: and are not, but do lie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Wills,

No..you are contradicting yourself. You keep saying that only a "remnant" of national Israel will be saved, while Romans 11:26 says "and so ALL ISRAEL will be saved.."

You can't have your cake and eat it! Either ALL Israel will be saved, or only the remnant. Which one is it?

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
Pericles said:
Wills,

No..you are contradicting yourself. You keep saying that only a "remnant" of national Israel will be saved, while Romans 11:26 says "and so ALL ISRAEL will be saved.."

You can't have your cake and eat it! Either ALL Israel will be saved, or only the remnant. Which one is it?

Carry on your argument with the Lord himself....since these are His words.

ROMANS 9:27 And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only :rolleyes: the remnant shall be saved: for the Lord will execute his word upon the earth..

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Wills said:
Carry on your argument with the Lord himself....since these are His words.

ROMANS 9:27 And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only :rolleyes: the remnant shall be saved: for the Lord will execute his word upon the earth..
Will ALL of Israel be saved or not?

Upvote 0

Wills

Jul 24, 2003
✟416.00
Faith
Messianic
Pericles said:
Will ALL of Israel be saved or not?
Let us take a step further and perhaps guide them as to what they could do
to be be saved.

Israel's Joshua , a man they revere, could help us out here

Joshua 5:13 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?" 14 "Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?" :rolleyes: 15 The commander of the LORD's army replied, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so. :rolleyes:

Face down.. face on earth O Israel .. bow face down in the Name of our Lord

Exactly as Joshua did... He did not just use the name Israelite emptily.

He bowed before Israel's head.. and the Jews will follow suit

The alternatives would be exceedingly harsh and severe.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.