Non Christian friends.. *Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born_to_try

Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
✟16,977.00
I had a really hard time talking to two non Christian friends online about Jesus tonight. One considers himself a Christian but does not believe that the Bible is relevant, and obviously doesn't believe preachers and teachers are there to help us (but 'exalt themselves') :sigh: Everytime I asked him about Jesus he didn't respond to that bit.
The other one is studying RS and has lots of different philosophies are ideas floating around his head. He was very offended by what I said when I raised the issue of us being sinners (I was questioning some sikhist idea he gave me) He obviously didn't like the idea of being called a sinner, because he works hard to be a good person. I now wonder if I've been to heavy on him and just feel rather deflated. I felt like bursting into tears before. :cry:
I tried to explain about how it is about faith and.. argh... I don't know. I really don't want to interfere where I shouldn't. It seems like I've made this second guy even more set in his beliefs (or non-beliefs) than he was before now! That's what he was basically telling me by the end of the discussion.
I don't know if I'm his favourite person now either, even though I told him I'm sorry it turned into some kind of debate and I'm merely stating my beliefs like he is. :( I suppose on MSN you can't tell if I'm speaking gently or not!
I don't want to lose friends through discussions about God. That's surely going to put them off!!

So I ask please pray for them both, as only God can reveal His Truth to them. I don't think I forced the discussions tonight.. they just seemed to happen, everytime I tried to draw to some sort of close they'd carry on.. so I don't know, I couldn't just run off or I'd look like I was backing out!
Oh yes -their names are Karl and Friss.

Please pray for them, and for me too if you will.. I'm feeling a bit deflated and weak after all this. :(

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praying Lord that you will intervene
And that these people will put their faith & trust in you
And accept you as Savior & Lord
Repenting of their sins
Help our friend to be patient
In thy name amen

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Remny said:
Praying for you all. Remember you have to lead by example, you have to be the shineing example of christianity, your happyness and love is the best argument.

Amen to what Remny said :amen:

Praying for you and your friends that the the Will of the Lord will be done in each and every one of your lives.

Upvote 0

hypostatic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 4, 2005
Toronto
✟71,227.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm praying for you and your friends! Prepare for your next discussion by praying for wisdom and guidance, and for God to soften hearts of your friends so that they can be receptive to the Message! One of my friends was saved by months and months of this kind of prayer...

Upvote 0

justafayes

Dec 4, 2005
West Virginia
✟867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Born_to_try said:
I had a really hard time talking to two non Christian friends online about Jesus tonight. One considers himself a Christian but does not believe that the Bible is relevant, and obviously doesn't believe preachers and teachers are there to help us (but 'exalt themselves') :sigh: Everytime I asked him about Jesus he didn't respond to that bit.
The other one is studying RS and has lots of different philosophies are ideas floating around his head. He was very offended by what I said when I raised the issue of us being sinners (I was questioning some sikhist idea he gave me) He obviously didn't like the idea of being called a sinner, because he works hard to be a good person. I now wonder if I've been to heavy on him and just feel rather deflated. I felt like bursting into tears before. :cry:
I tried to explain about how it is about faith and.. argh... I don't know. I really don't want to interfere where I shouldn't. It seems like I've made this second guy even more set in his beliefs (or non-beliefs) than he was before now! That's what he was basically telling me by the end of the discussion.
I don't know if I'm his favourite person now either, even though I told him I'm sorry it turned into some kind of debate and I'm merely stating my beliefs like he is. :( I suppose on MSN you can't tell if I'm speaking gently or not!
I don't want to lose friends through discussions about God. That's surely going to put them off!!

So I ask please pray for them both, as only God can reveal His Truth to them. I don't think I forced the discussions tonight.. they just seemed to happen, everytime I tried to draw to some sort of close they'd carry on.. so I don't know, I couldn't just run off or I'd look like I was backing out!
Oh yes -their names are Karl and Friss.

Please pray for them, and for me too if you will.. I'm feeling a bit deflated and weak after all this. :(
Do you remember the scripture about.... some plants, some waters, but God gives the increase?
You planted seeds.. they didn't like it,, but the planting is there.. God confirms His word,, somewhere down the road,, someone will tell them the same truth,, they will remember the seeds you sowed,, on and on until someday,, those seeds will come alive and God will use someone to water them so the word can grow inside them.. God WILL be glorified,, and you will be blessed,, keep praying for these guys... always ready to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you.. Love in Christ, Faye

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.