Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Note on Acts 16, the lady really said, "a god" not "The God" which is consistent with Ocullt Teachings.
Are you referring to who Bishop Barron identified as the former Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church of the United States Katharine Jefferts Schori?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you referring to who Bishop Barron identified as the former Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church of the United States Katharine Jefferts Schori?
Never heard of him, tell me more

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟55,770.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone here ever met someone who is not saved that has spiritual gifts? There were several people who I went to high school with that had strong spiritual gifts, they were not saved. One girl could give prophecies that would come to pass, she also had a healing gift. If you were sick she could lay hands on you and take it, she would get it but within a few days it would leave her and both were healed. She was trustworthy and would not misuse the gift. Another man in my high school could read your mind! Some people receive gifts when they get saved but there are some people out there that were just born with gifts and can use them however they want (if they started misusing them God would show up and take it).
These questions are answered by the Athos hero, the Venerable Paisius of Athos. The book "Words of Paisius of Athos". I read the translation in Russian, but I think there should be a translation in English. From the Greek language. In short, these gifts are not from God. Angels can also work such miracles. There are light angels, and there are dark ones. Angels can share their abilities with people. Bright angels, with God's permission, only help holy people. Dark angels help their agents of influence. To advertise your ideas through these people. Thin game.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We're told to desire spiritual gifts (I Cor 14:1). The Holy Spirit gives the manifestation of discerning of spirits (I Cor 12) We can have God's armor (Eph 6:10-18) which includes "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Again, under the direction of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0