Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟114,079.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone here ever met someone who is not saved that has spiritual gifts? There were several people who I went to high school with that had strong spiritual gifts, they were not saved. One girl could give prophecies that would come to pass, she also had a healing gift. If you were sick she could lay hands on you and take it, she would get it but within a few days it would leave her and both were healed. She was trustworthy and would not misuse the gift. Another man in my high school could read your mind! Some people receive gifts when they get saved but there are some people out there that were just born with gifts and can use them however they want (if they started misusing them God would show up and take it).

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

The important thing is not whether we can perform a miracle, it is whether we have a true connection to God. Are we following and obeying Jesus?

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟89,945.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone here ever met someone who is not saved that has spiritual gifts? There were several people who I went to high school with that had strong spiritual gifts, they were not saved. One girl could give prophecies that would come to pass, she also had a healing gift. If you were sick she could lay hands on you and take it, she would get it but within a few days it would leave her and both were healed. She was trustworthy and would not misuse the gift. Another man in my high school could read your mind! Some people receive gifts when they get saved but there are some people out there that were just born with gifts and can use them however they want (if they started misusing them God would show up and take it).

yes, it you are not born again, then your gift is not from God.

if it is not from God then there is only one other possibility.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan counterfeits the gifts as well...

Without the Love of Jesus motivating your actions it all comes to naught.

So relationship is the key, then His works in His Love will flow according to His will.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Paul's also experienced supernatural gifts when encountering the young girl in Acts of the Apostles 16:17 and combined with his instruction of Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed."

It's all about building and having a comprehension about the gospel of Jesus Christ. What it is and what it isn't and such a thing doesn't come all at once or surprisingly even for years that amount to decades.

Case in point a real life example of someone who should be sitting in the pews rather than giving them the position to teach. This is pointed out here being explained by Bishop Barron about former Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church:

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would not call it a gift. I would call it a manifestation. An occult phenomenon.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to divine with a willow stick before Jesus cleaned my life up.

The force was so strong the stick would break in my hand.

Thanks to deliverance in The Name of Jesus all my unclean gifts have disappeared including seeing auras etc.

As @tturt said - it is all about the source.

Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Physical gifts are not spiritual gifts.

Something that originates from the body is not spiritual, even if it's invisible and non-tangible. What you are referring to is usually paranormal, (usually relates to electromagnetic phenomenon in the body mixed with some intuition) if it is spiritual then it is demonic. (because if it doesn't come from God, and the source of the gift is a spirit, it is unclean.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days." Acts 16 But she had the spirit of divination and Paul cast it out.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There's all kinds of people who aren't saved that can operate in supernatural ways.

practitioners of demonic power, sorcery, divination, black magic, rieki healing, yoga, buddhist witchcraft... the list is endless.

I have even heard accounts of voodoo witch doctor's in 3rd world countries that can die and be raised from the dead 3 days later (the demonic counterfeits often mock the things of God, in this case it's mocking the resurrection of Christ).

'12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.'

(Ephesians 6:12)

There are real demonic forces at work that would love to deceive people by lying wonders.. (2 Thessalonians 2:7-9)

in the end though the authentic miracles by the saved (in Christ) are much more powerful, and serve to progress the Kingdom of God on earth.

I've seen people get out of wheelchairs, demons being cast out, legs grown out a full foot before my eyes and grown back, broken bones be healed (with medical confirmation), cancer be reversed, and there are even believers who's main purpose in ministry evangelism is to pray.. to raise the dead (and there are testimonies of success) because Christ spoke of this miracle too (it was done by the early Church in Acts).

'Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.'

(Matthew 10:8, Mark 16:15-18)

Regardless of all these things I'm sure we're all aware that the Lord Jesus warned one day many people will say 'Lord Lord didn't we do all these amazing things in your name' and He will say He never knew them because they were worker's of iniquity.

It's the sad truth..

Anything supernatural should be tested by the Word of God and the message of repentance from sin can't be thrown to the wayside.. too much is at stake.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?

It's best to be operating in our discernment.. especially in these wicked times.

The point of the spiritual gifts is to glorify and point to the Lord Jesus Christ because God desires that all men would come to repentance.

It's very important to remember this..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree

Would like to add that discernment is really good but discerning of spirits is much better and different.

The manifestation of spiritual gifts
"to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
"another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:" (I Cor 12:10).

Some say it's discerning of evil spirits but it,'s not "And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision." Gal 2:9

The info comes from the Holy Spirit. Otherwise, it's our opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

IMHO, non-believers can be given Spritual Gifts because God will use them to led them to Jesus. I had the gifts of Wisdom and Prophecy which led me to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes, it you are not born again, then your gift is not from God.

if it is not from God then there is only one other possibility.

I have met many ex-JWs and ex-LDS whom God granted miracles of Healing. At the time the LDS were questioning the Mormon Faith. For some reason, one must be authorized by a Bishop to have that gift. This is based on their word, not necessary official teachings of the LDS Church. JW's do not believe that Spiritual Gifts esp., Healing is for today. There were even thos who served at the WatchTower and the healing led them to the real Jesus. There are many Born Again Muslims who saw visions and dreams of the real Jesus that led them to Jesus. Some mircles do come from Satan and others are somehow self produced. I know ex-Mind Scince Cultist who really were healed which led them to the real Jesus. Most Testimonies in their Church Meetings are wishful thinking and follow a predefined text.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul's also experienced supernatural gifts when encountering the young girl in Acts of the Apostles 16:17 and combined with his instruction of Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed."

It's all about building and having a comprehension about the gospel of Jesus Christ. What it is and what it isn't and such a thing doesn't come all at once or surprisingly even for years that amount to decades.

Case in point a real life example of someone who should be sitting in the pews rather than giving them the position to teach. This is pointed out here being explained by Bishop Barron about former Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church:

Note on Acts 16, the lady really said, "a god" not "The God" which is consistent with Ocullt Teachings.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days." Acts 16 But she had the spirit of divination and Paul cast it out.

This is the verse I had in mind, rather than saying God, she used the word god and rather than saying "the way" she said, "a way" which is what upset Paul.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's all kinds of people who aren't saved that can operate in supernatural ways.

practitioners of demonic power, sorcery, divination, black magic, rieki healing, yoga, buddhist witchcraft... the list is endless.

I have even heard accounts of voodoo witch doctor's in 3rd world countries that can die and be raised from the dead 3 days later (the demonic counterfeits often mock the things of God, in this case it's mocking the resurrection of Christ).

'12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.'

(Ephesians 6:12)

There are real demonic forces at work that would love to deceive people by lying wonders.. (2 Thessalonians 2:7-9)

in the end though the authentic miracles by the saved (in Christ) are much more powerful, and serve to progress the Kingdom of God on earth.

I've seen people get out of wheelchairs, demons being cast out, legs grown out a full foot before my eyes and grown back, broken bones be healed (with medical confirmation), cancer be reversed, and there are even believers who's main purpose in ministry evangelism is to pray.. to raise the dead (and there are testimonies of success) because Christ spoke of this miracle too (it was done by the early Church in Acts).

'Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.'

(Matthew 10:8, Mark 16:15-18)

Regardless of all these things I'm sure we're all aware that the Lord Jesus warned one day many people will say 'Lord Lord didn't we do all these amazing things in your name' and He will say He never knew them because they were worker's of iniquity.

It's the sad truth..

Anything supernatural should be tested by the Word of God and the message of repentance from sin can't be thrown to the wayside.. too much is at stake.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?

It's best to be operating in our discernment.. especially in these wicked times.

The point of the spiritual gifts is to glorify and point to the Lord Jesus Christ because God desires that all men would come to repentance.

It's very important to remember this..
Anther example you remind me of is Moses and sticks to snakes. They would only go so far counterfieting miracles.

Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0