Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just started watching this Tim Pool video and thought it was worth doing a thread on. From what I can tell it is just a little blurb, or some excerpt of some interview.

It's noteworthy in that this guy really is looked up as a kind of sage, wise man for the Bernie Sanders wing of the Democratic party to people who are even further on the left. Besides that certain conservatives who might be against most of his politics are influenced by some of his ideas when it comes to certain ideas like how the media "manufactures consent" for war to keep the military industrial complex in business etc. But anyway it's kind of interesting thing to keep track of either an outlier or maybe the start of the next big political trend or movement.

Watch: Noam Chomsky calls for unvaccinated to be ‘isolated’ from society

PS - Listening a few minutes into the broadcast I can give the gist of Chomsky's position. He is not in favor of intentionally starving the unvaccinated, but sees that it as "not the government's problem" when it comes to feeding them. They would be responsible for their own food kind of like how things were in ancient Rome with most prisoners (their family and friends were responsible to bring them food most of the time), and some third world countries have similar things. But again, I find this very ironic compared to how we treat illegal aliens, if implemented this would be another instance where people who are not citizens and tax payers are treated better than those who are.

Last edited:

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just started watching this Tim Pool video and thought it was worth doing a thread on. From what I can tell it is just a little blurb, or some excerpt of some interview.

It's noteworthy in that this guy really is looked up as a kind of sage, wise man for the Bernie Sanders wing of the Democratic party to people who are even further on the left. Besides that certain conservatives who might be against most of his politics are influenced by some of his ideas when it comes to certain ideas like how the media "manufactures consent" for war to keep the military industrial complex in business etc. But anyway it's kind of interesting thing to keep track of either an outlier or maybe the start of the next big political trend or movement.

Watch: Noam Chomsky calls for unvaccinated to be ‘isolated’ from society

10 years ago, SJW's were looked at as a joke and a very tiny minority....not anymore.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Social Justice Warriors", basically progressive advocates and activists online and in real life.

Got it, thanks !

I see them more as leftists than SJW's these days

• Friendly
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He is not in favor of intentionally starving the unvaccinated, but sees that it as "not the government's problem" when it comes to feeding them. They would be responsible for their own food
It seems to overlap with the related issue about paying for the rescue of adventure seekers. When a person engages in an activity with a much higher probability of harm to themselves than is acceptable to the overwhelming majority of people. Who is going to pay the bill for the government resources that will need to be spent to rescue such a person when they're in trouble?

After all they were aware of the dangers and now everybody else is going to pay for their mistake.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It seems to overlap with the related issue about paying for the rescue of adventure seekers. When a person engages in an activity with a much higher probability of harm to themselves than is acceptable to the overwhelming majority of people. Who is going to pay the bill for the government resources that will need to be spent to rescue such a person when they're in trouble?

After all they were aware of the dangers and now everybody else is going to pay for their mistake.

Yes but then shouldn't we treat illegal aliens this way, unless we have solid evidence that they are fleeing a totalitarian government etc. ? Because if not we are giving noncitizens and tax payers preferential treatment.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Vaccine mandates have emboldened all of the totalitarians. They feel that now is the time for their dystopian vision, so they're all coming creeping out, and saying out loud what they really think. History is repeating itself. If we don't watch out, the West will have its own Mao Zedong and Josef Stalin, and tens or even hundreds of millions of people will be liquidated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes but then shouldn't we treat illegal aliens this way, unless we have solid evidence that they are fleeing a totalitarian government etc. ? Because if not we are giving noncitizens and tax payers preferential treatment.
I believe the reasoning I gave isn't being used to make a case for getting the vaccine because of that. Belief in a universal health care system oftentimes means burying your head in the sand when looking at what to make of the financing and the political ramifications.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
This is so hypocritical. One of the reasons I've been progressive (and I'll probably always like Bernie as a person no matter what :) ) is because I believe that health care is a basic human right and that everyone should have good health care without going bankrupt, and that includes EVERYONE regardless of all the demographics and yes EVEN IF they don't deserve it or someone else or some other group thinks they don't deserve it.

And now someone here is saying that that the unvaccinated shouldn't be included because of....reasons?

How is this any different than what has been accused of people on the right, that they want to exclude people who can't pay the ridiculous health care costs so just don't get sick?

So if the right is excluding poor people and the left is excluding the unvaccinated and biological women and who knows who else, then how is the health care in any way whatsoever UNIVERSAL and/or for ALL?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
This is so hypocritical. One of the reasons I've been progressive (and I'll probably always like Bernie as a person no matter what :) ) is because I believe that health care is a basic human right and that everyone should have good health care without going bankrupt, and that includes EVERYONE regardless of all the demographics and yes EVEN IF they don't deserve it or someone else or some other group thinks they don't deserve it.

And now someone here is saying that that the unvaccinated shouldn't be included because of....reasons?

How is this any different than what has been accused of people on the right, that they want to exclude people who can't pay the ridiculous health care costs so just don't get sick?

So if the right is excluding poor people and the left is excluding the unvaccinated and biological women and who knows who else, then how is the health care in any way whatsoever UNIVERSAL and/or for ALL?

Notice that long before Obamacare, the fact has been that any person in the US by law can be treated regardless of any other fact such as wealth or insurance or even citizenship. Obviously, it does make a difference as to how good their treatment is, but Obamacare, in the attempt to level the playing field, does so by bringing down those who can afford the better treatment to the level of those who can't, instead of by raising the level of care of those who can't afford it.

The narrative we are fed is a lie.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who? The SJW's?

The unvaccinated "To Be Isolated And Deprived Of Food". That comment reminded me of people being rounded up and put in concentration camps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forcing vaccinations
Vaccination passports
Etc, etc

The devil is rubbing his hands together believing his plans are coming to fruition...
The passports have me very concerned. They are unnecessary. I think we are seeing the beginning of the forced digitalization of our health, lives, choices, and thoughts.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The passports have me very concerned. They are unnecessary. I think we are seeing the beginning of the forced digitalization of our health, lives, choices, and thoughts.

I agree. Its the start.

I for one am standing firm in not taking the 'mark' as i see it!

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Its the start.

I for one am standing firm in not taking the 'mark' as i see it!
I respect your opting out. There are many people who feel that the vaccines are a lead-up to something else, and are declining them for that reason.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Notice that long before Obamacare, the fact has been that any person in the US by law can be treated regardless of any other fact such as wealth or insurance or even citizenship. Obviously, it does make a difference as to how good their treatment is, but Obamacare, in the attempt to level the playing field, does so by bringing down those who can afford the better treatment to the level of those who can't, instead of by raising the level of care of those who can't afford it.

The narrative we are fed is a lie.

I still believe Obamacare was a good first step and has helped a great number of people get access to healthcare and that's why in spite of Republican efforts to bring it down, it still continues because there is no other, better alternative. It's popular for both those on the left and on the right and Republican politicians know that they have a high risk of angering those who support them if those people were suddenly left without their health care. There is a big difference between emergency room treatment and something like cancer-care that ends up impoverishing otherwise stable middle-class families. Heath care is an issue that I am extremely unlikely to bend on when it comes to politics and I'll very likely give my support to whichever party seriously makes an effort to improve past Obamacare. There are some things that do need to be collective to some degree and health care is one of them, but I will not support anything, left or right, that makes decisions as to which group of "undesirables" doesn't deserve it though. I will not.

Obamacare hasn't brought down treatment for those who can afford better because those individuals can still pay for that treatment or choose to purchase a plan that is outside of the ACA. I also wouldn't support a plan that completely removed choice for those who can pay for exceptional treatment above and beyond the basics, but I do still believe that the basics are a basic human right, especially of a civilized society. We should want all of our citizens to be healthy and practice *preventative* care that they would otherwise avoid because of cost.

And with that said, I also very much support the conservative view of lowering all of the ridiculous costs so that a regular human being can afford to just pay for it.

What we had before Obamacare is that if you couldn't afford to pay for your own health care or worked for an employer who provided it, you went without, and in my view *stifled* small business and entrepreneurship, both of which I very highly support. But I still want better than Obamacare. It was a step in the right direction but we all need better.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I respect your opting out. There are many people who feel that the vaccines are a lead-up to something else, and are declining them for that reason.

I don't really believe that the jab is "the mark" but I do think that we as a society are being tested in some sense for how easily we comply. I've been concerned since 9/11 and the whole TSA thing on how easily we just succumbed to the violation of our privacy for the sake of "safety", and it's only gotten worse with this whole vaccine thing.

Upvote 0