Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's AV's whole point. God hid or got rid of all the evidence of the flood... except for that evidence which he didn't hide or got rid of.

So, to clarify, if scientists find evidence of a global flood, then that proves his claim and if they don't find evidence of a global flood, then that proves his claim. Simple. ^_^
Well, close but no cigar.

In my opinion, they have found evidence -- (the White Cliffs of Dover) -- but don't recognize it as such.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, close but no cigar.

In my opinion, they have found evidence -- (the White Cliffs of Dover) -- but don't recognize it as such.

Like I said, evidence or no evidence, your claim is proven... at least to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
AV, is it a coincidence that the deposits forming the White Cliffs appear to have occurred by natural processes or did your god do that on purpose?

If they do not appear to have occurred by natural processes (as you claim, since scientists have 'misinterpreted' them), what process formed them, and what evidence (empirical, please) could lead scientists to the correct answer?

Upvote 0

cerad

Zebra Fan
Dec 2, 2004
✟10,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Either the King James translators or the American Standard translators got it wrong. It may seem like a simple mistranslation, but it means the difference between a global flood and a local Mesopotamian flood.
Isn't the Holy Spirit Editor supposed to prevent mistranslations?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, is it a coincidence that the deposits forming the White Cliffs appear to have occurred by natural processes...
No.

Science works hard to make what they see fit what they think, and they have computers -- (and a very intelligent programmer) -- to assist them.
... or did your god do that on purpose?
I could rake leaves into a pile in the corner of my yard, and if a wind came up, it would look like they were blown there.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,329.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No.

Science works hard to make what they see fit what they think, and they have computers -- (and a very intelligent programmer) -- to assist them.

I could rake leaves into a pile in the corner of my yard, and if a wind came up, it would look like they were blown there.

Odd, since the first geologists to look for data on a world wide flood where dedicated christian who worked under the assumption the flood was a real event and they would find data supporting that theory. But then, they where intellectually honest and admitted that the data did not match what they should find.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Odd, since the first geologists to look for data on a world wide flood where dedicated christian who worked under the assumption the flood was a real event and they would find data supporting that theory. But then, they where intellectually honest and admitted that the data did not match what they should find.

Some have a problem right their though.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Too bad -- and I'm sure they gave up after they realized their tools were too inadequate to find what they were searching for.

Just like those who went out and searched for Elijah, after Elisha told them not to.

History repeats itself, doesn't it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Too bad -- and I'm sure they gave up after they realized their tools were too inadequate to find what they were searching for.

Just like those who went out and searched for Elijah, after Elisha told them not to.

As does mythology.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,329.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Yes it does. Science tries to move forward and religious people try to hold it back because they are afraid it might contradict what they cling to as the ultimate truth. Isn't it amazing how those who are so certain they have the ultimate truth are so unwilling to put it to the test?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't it amazing how those who are so certain they have the ultimate truth are so unwilling to put it to the test?
We don't have to clarify 'truth' with an adjective though.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You better start clarifying it with something. ^_^
Will a picture do?

bible.gif

John 17:17 ¶ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Is there any reason, besides desperate necessity, to believe this?

After all, if God cleaned up the mess, there'd be nothing left -- every flood geologist who ever claimed to have found evidence would be dead wrong (or they'd be smarter than God.)

Yep, it's all just desperate necessity. It's amazing how dogmatically AVET can declare something like this to be true and expects us to regard it as obvious, despite the Bible not even mentioning anything about it.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,329.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Will a picture do?

bible.gif

John 17:17 ¶ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Great. Now you just need to find a way to determine which of the 38,000 different ways of reading the bible is correct. Let us know when you all have it figured out and we can start testing it from there.

Upvote 0