Noah's Ark Site Found In Turkey (Videos and Flavius Josephus Quote)

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's too bad that some Christians don't accept Rabbi Moses Maimonides' advice that the first 11 chapters of Genesis are not to be taken as literal history --- they are folklore and borrowed myth to fill in the gap in the period before the Israelites' emergence as a self-aware cultural entity.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It's too bad that some Christians don't accept Rabbi Moses Maimonides' advice that the first 11 chapters of Genesis are not to be taken as literal history --- they are folklore and borrowed myth to fill in the gap in the period before the Israelites' emergence as a self-aware cultural entity.

Jesus did not think so. Genealogy does not include parables or myths.

Mat_24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Why even call yourself a Christian if you believe this? You just said that the Judeo-Christian faith is a developed copy of a myth.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why even call yourself a Christian if you believe this? You just said that the Judeo-Christian faith is a developed copy of a myth.

No I did not just say that. You seem to have a strong tendency to read into things people say in order to discredit them. This does not make for good adult Christian relationships.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No I did not just say that. You seem to have a strong tendency to read into things people say in order to discredit them. This does not make for good adult Christian relationships.

I have been straightforward and honest, and have done nothing but point out exactly what you are saying.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's to bad that some "Christians" don't accept God's Word in general especially the first eleven chapters of Genesis.
I'm more concerned about the living , inspired , infallible Word of God than some individuals "advice" that mocks The Holy Word of God.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's to bad that some "Christians" don't accept God's Word in general especially the first eleven chapters of Genesis.
I'm more concerned about the living , inspired , infallible Word of God than some individuals "advice" that mocks The Holy Word of God.

You are free to disagree with Rabbi Maimonides but you are not free to accuse him of mocking scripture that is sacred to his faith as well as ours. You are also free to disagree with how I myself approach scripture which is quite different than yours. Go with God in peace and hope and in love.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are free to disagree with Rabbi Maimonides but you are not free to accuse him of mocking scripture that is sacred to his faith as well as ours. You are also free to disagree with how I myself approach scripture which is quite different than yours. Go with God in peace and hope and in love.
Where did I accuse Rabbi Maimonides of anything?
And you sir are in no place to tell me nor others what they are free to do.

Upvote 0