Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marsupials live in Australasia and the Americas. They don't exist in the Middle East. Did some descendant of Noah collect all the marsupials, build a SECOND ark, and sail to Australia? Was there yet another marsupial-centric ark that travelled to the Americas?
No, we need to take the Word of God at its face value that God gathers all the animals two by two to go into the Ark. John Calvin's word for interpreting Scripture is correct. We must go as far as the Bible goes and then stop. Instead of speculating on the Bible's silence, we must take God's instructions from his history that he is a just God whose patience does run out, this time after 120 years when Noah built the Ark and preached to the people.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
No, we need to take the Word of God at its face value that God gathers all the animals two by two to go into the Ark. John Calvin's word for interpreting Scripture is correct. We must go as far as the Bible goes and then stop. Instead of speculating on the Bible's silence, we must take God's instructions from his history that he is a just God whose patience does run out, this time after 120 years when Noah built the Ark and preached to the people.
I do take that at face value. So two kangaroos landed on Mount Ararat, and then somehow vanished from from that area, leaving no trace, and wound up in Australia. My question is... how?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't exist in the Middle East.
No one knows for sure if they did not exist in the Middle East. We do not have much information on the types of animals only that they were all creatures. Most of us are still wrapping our heads around dinosaurs in the ark.

• Agree
Reactions: His student
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Marsupials live in Australasia and the Americas. They don't exist in the Middle East. Did some descendant of Noah collect all the marsupials, build a SECOND ark, and sail to Australia? Was there yet another marsupial-centric ark that travelled to the Americas?
The animals were gathered to the ark by God. He would have managed their distribution as well.

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think this might shed some light on the issue:

"Environmental change can drive hard-wired evolutionary changes in animal species in a matter of generations. A new study overturns the common assumption that evolution only occurs gradually over hundreds or thousands of years."

Environmental change triggers rapid evolution
Environmental change triggers rapid evolution

Those unique species in remote regions like Australia may be the result of rapid evolution brought about by environmental changes that triggered the activation of their hardwired dormant genetic traits. So, the kangaroo might not have become what we know today as a "kangaroo" until after the original species of its kind migrated or was bought to Australia.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No I don't. It's too bad that some Christians don't accept Rabbi Moses Maimonides' advice that the first 11 chapters of Genesis are not to be taken as literal history --- they are folklore and borrowed myth to fill in the gap in the period before the Israelites' emergence as a self-aware cultural entity.
I think that there is a difference between folklore/myths compared to allegory. I think RamBam (Maimonides) said that the Genesis creation story was written metaphorically.

so the first 11 chapters are not inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT?
I'm not sure why you would think that the Holy Spirit wouldn't use allegory to teach truths.
When God said He owns on the cattle on 10,000 hills we know that isn't a literal statement, but a statement with a deeper meaning.

• Haha
Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget a couple of special arks for the animals with prehensile tails that only exist in the Americas, Australia and New Guinnea.

Or perhaps they just caught a ride with the marsupials.

Or perhaps - as everyone knows from the scriptures - they were on the one true ark with Noah and certain animals got separated when the earth was divided during the days of Peleg and developed from there.

This isn't exactly rocket surgery.

Next are we going to surmise that there were special boats for people with red skin, black skin, and an epicanthic fold in the eyelid?

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
No one knows for sure if they did not exist in the Middle East. We do not have much information on the types of animals only that they were all creatures. Most of us are still wrapping our heads around dinosaurs in the ark.
What about dinosaurs in the ark? Huh?

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't forget a couple of special arks for the animals with prehensile tails that only exist in the Americas, Australia and New Guinnea.

Or perhaps they just caught a ride with the marsupials.

Or perhaps - as everyone knows from the scriptures - they were on the one true ark with Noah and certain animals got separated when the earth was divided during the days of Peleg and developed from there.

This isn't exactly rocket surgery.

Next are we going to surmise that there were special boats for people with red skin, black skin, and an epicanthic fold in the eyelid?
How did kangaroos travel from Mount Ararat to Australia in the space of 6000 years without leaving a trace of themselves anywhere but in Australia? THINK

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
How did kangaroos travel from Mount Ararat to Australia in the space of 6000 years without leaving a trace of themselves anywhere but in Australia? THINK

It would certainly simplify things if there were an omnipotent, omniscient deity involved in all this Bible business somewhere. I suspect a being like that might just make seemingly improbable things perfectly possible. But I can't fathom where you might find one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
It would certainly simplify things if there were an omnipotent, omniscient deity involved in all this Bible business somewhere. I suspect a being like that might just make seemingly improbable things perfectly possible. But I can't fathom where you might find one.
Oh, cute and coy, you’re talking about god, lol...

So how did the kangaroos get from the Middle East to Australia with nary a trace?

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, cute and coy, you’re talking about god, lol...

So how did the kangaroos get from the Middle East to Australia with nary a trace?

You're left with a couple of possibilities. Either it just plain didn't happen as described in the Bible, or if it did (and I believe it did), we can't know how with any proper certainty. There are honestly no limits to the ways God could have seen to it, and we're not given the answer. You're free to speculate as myself and others have in this thread, or not to believe it, but you'll find scant physical evidence for either position.

Personally, my belief in the accuracy of God's word isn't predicated on whether I can explain every detail of every miracle.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
You're left with a couple of possibilities. Either it just plain didn't happen as described in the Bible, or if it did (and I believe it did), we can't know how with any proper certainty. There are honestly no limits to the ways God could have seen to it, and we're not given the answer. You're free to speculate as myself and others have in this thread, or not to believe it, but you'll find scant physical evidence for either position.

Personally, my belief in the accuracy of God's word isn't predicated on whether I can explain every detail of every miracle.
BUT... you have a big intelligent brain that God gave you that must be wondering about those kangaroos... maybe they were gigantic kangaroos who could hop to Australia in no time at all... or maybe they were simpler, sea-faring marsupials who longed for adventures to unknown lands, and settled in Australia because they brought all the other marsupials with them and ran out of funding. Or maybe God transported them to Australia for reasons we cannot fathom. What we do know is that they left Eurasia without a trace.

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
BUT... you have a big intelligent brain that God gave you that must be wondering about those kangaroos... maybe they were gigantic kangaroos who could hop to Australia in no time at all... or maybe they were simpler, sea-faring marsupials who longed for adventures to unknown lands, and settled in Australia because they brought all the other marsupials with them and ran out of funding. Or maybe God transported them to Australia for reasons we cannot fathom. What we do know is that they left Eurasia without a trace.

And as I said, we can wonder till the kangaroos come home. I've certainly considered issues of this sort. You might even find an answer you're comfortable with. What I don't believe is that such things are cause for doubt.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may have been one land mass back then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
And as I said, we can wonder till the kangaroos come home. I've certainly considered issues of this sort. You might even find an answer you're comfortable with. What I don't believe is that such things are cause for doubt.
Cause for doubt about what?

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Cause for doubt about what? That the Noah’s ark story is real? Or that your love for your neighbor is real?

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Cause for doubt about what? That the Noah’s ark story is real? Or that your love for your neighbor is real?

I wouldn't consider it cause for doubt about either one of those things. Or anything, really.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you believe in evolution then?

No, I am a young earth creationist. I believe change can occur within a given kind. Microevolution, as it's been dubbed. I don't believe in macroevolution, which is the idea that one kind can become another kind.
. What you described is what scientists call macroevolution. For example Cats being lions and tigers and house cats is MACROevolution . Microevolution is just variation within a single species. Housecats ( Felis domesticus ) coming in different colors and fur patterns . Creationists use newspeak and change scientific definitions to suit their fantasies and to confuse laymen who don’t know any better

Upvote 0