Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is a third choice which actually conforms to the facts. All the non-avian dinosaurs became extinct due to an asteroid impact (Chixilub crater) some 63,000,000 YBP.

I asked
so when did the dinosaurs exist? or do you subscribe to things being here before the creation week?

Thanks for answering the question in this post.

So do you not believe in a literal seven day creation week about 1500 years before the flood?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OR - had already died out before the flood.

Dinosaurs and the Flood | Dinosaurs in the fossil record

Dinosaurs were buried rapidly. They are sometimes found in large numbers, and often have distinct stream orientation, which means that they were washed into position by a flood. Scientists say that floods often happened in the plains where the dinosaurs lived.

However, dinosaur fossil beds sometimes stretch over thousands of square kilometers. These beds are not made from small, seasonal floods.

Some dinosaur fossils were even found in marine deposits, suggesting that they were washed out to sea. Not too long ago, a Scelidosaurus fossil was found surrounded by algae and mollusks. This fossil even had skin tissue.i

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I asked
so when did the dinosaurs exist? or do you subscribe to things being here before the creation week?

Thanks for answering the question in this post.

So do you not believe in a literal seven day creation week about 1500 years before the flood?

No I don't. It's too bad that some Christians don't accept Rabbi Moses Maimonides' advice that the first 11 chapters of Genesis are not to be taken as literal history --- they are folklore and borrowed myth to fill in the gap in the period before the Israelites' emergence as a self-aware cultural entity.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No I don't. It's too bad that some Christians don't accept Rabbi Moses Maimonides' advice that the first 11 chapters of Genesis are not to be taken as literal history --- they are folklore and borrowed myth to fill in the gap in the period before the Israelites' emergence as a self-aware cultural entity.

so the first 11 chapters are not inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT?

Do you have any other portions of the OT that you do not consider inspired?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some dinosaur fossils were even found in marine deposits, suggesting that they were washed out to sea. Not too long ago, a Scelidosaurus fossil was found surrounded by algae and mollusks. This fossil even had skin tissue.i
So? What does it matter to your or my salvation?

Dinosaurs are a non issue.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
so the first 11 chapters are not inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT?

Do you have any other portions of the OT that you do not consider inspired?

It might be easier to identify those passages that are inspired. I propose the following for consideration:

Micah 6:6 With what shall I come before the Lord, And bow myself before the High God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, With calves a year old? 7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, Ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Marsupials live in Australasia and the Americas. They don't exist in the Middle East. Did some descendant of Noah collect all the marsupials, build a SECOND ark, and sail to Australia? Was there yet another marsupial-centric ark that travelled to the Americas?

As Darwin and wallaces web site says:-
(Marsupial Fossils: Kangaroos, Koalas, Marsupial Lions & kin | Darwin and Wallace: A Nature & Fossil Store)
"Marsupials have a rich migratory prehistory, spreading from Eurasia to North America, to South America, to Antarctica (still connected to South America until around 35 million years ago), and finally to Australia in the Eocene epoch, approximately 50 million years ago."

Note the key words, 'Migratory' in other words after the flood they walked.

• Informative
Reactions: Noscentia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe dinosaurs were the result of fallen angels editing genes of existing life on earth.
I have heard some speculate that God allowed satan to do some creating of his own and the dinosaurs were the result.

I do not believe that at all.

Another speculation was that the devil reconstituted rocks to mimic fossils as a distraction, meaning the dinosaurs never existed. Not sure I buy that one either.

The truth is, it does NOT MATTER when, where, or even IF dinosaurs existed.

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So, do you think there was a progenitor of marsupials that once existed in the Middle East?

Under that theory there would either have to have been such a creature living in or around that area at that time, or God would have to have moved it from wherever it lived to the Ark in order to survive the flood.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
No, I am a young earth creationist. I believe change can occur within a given kind. Microevolution, as it's been dubbed. I don't believe in macroevolution, which is the idea that one kind can become another kind.
Why do you believe in one form of evolution and dismiss another form?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Dinosaurs and the Flood | Dinosaurs in the fossil record

Dinosaurs were buried rapidly. They are sometimes found in large numbers, and often have distinct stream orientation, which means that they were washed into position by a flood. Scientists say that floods often happened in the plains where the dinosaurs lived.

However, dinosaur fossil beds sometimes stretch over thousands of square kilometers. These beds are not made from small, seasonal floods.

Are there kangaroo fossils in the Mideast? Or anywhere other than Australia?

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you believe in one form of evolution and dismiss another form?

Microevolution is an assigned name for observed minor changes within species over time. When most people say 'evolution' they're usually referring to an entirely different concept which involves multi-million year processes which result in one kind of animal becoming something else entirely. Basically, what I'm talking about is what separates lions and tigers, but what evolution usually means is what turns non-living chains of amino acids into conscious human beings. They're two very different ideas.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Sounds like Maimonides was onto a good thing!

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
As Darwin and wallaces web site says:-
(Marsupial Fossils: Kangaroos, Koalas, Marsupial Lions & kin | Darwin and Wallace: A Nature & Fossil Store)
"Marsupials have a rich migratory prehistory, spreading from Eurasia to North America, to South America, to Antarctica (still connected to South America until around 35 million years ago), and finally to Australia in the Eocene epoch, approximately 50 million years ago."

Note the key words, 'Migratory' in other words after the flood they walked.
Note the key words ‘35 million years ago’.

That would be before the creation of Earth itself!

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have heard some speculate that God allowed satan to do some creating of his own and the dinosaurs were the result.

I do not believe that at all.

Another speculation was that the devil reconstituted rocks to mimic fossils as a distraction, meaning the dinosaurs never existed. Not sure I buy that one either.

The truth is, it does NOT MATTER when, where, or even IF dinosaurs existed.
More likely God took more than seven days learning genetic engineering.

Upvote 0