Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So now leviathan is Satan? You had better get your story straight with the other creationists- they think it's a pleisiosaur.
Leviathan represents the anti-chirst..

From the verbs formed being to twine, and to unite in H3867 used in reference to Serpant, being Satan in H5175

flatworm said:
deep" does not refer to the sky.

It can tho, who's to say it don't..

Here, for instance is one aspect of creation that could be referred to as the deep..

If THIS ain't deep I dunno WAT is!

In relation, the Doppler Effect could have taken place then.. then, for now God's Mercy reigns in Light of the sacrifice for our sin :)

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
H8577 in Strongs ;)

Tan-neem
hmm the word is tannim, you pronounce it tan-neem
it means sea or land monster, could be used for dragon,serpent,or heck hippo, jackal even

the kjv translates it dragon but thats not always what the author means

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
H8577 in Strongs ;)

Tan-neem
To that regard:
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=464&letter=D

The usual translation of the Septuagint for
V04p647001.jpg
, dangerous monster whose bite is poisonous ("dragons' poison") (Deut. xxxii. 33; Ps. xci. 13). Nowhere distinctly described, they must be imagined as of composite form, resembling, according to some passages, the snake

So the word dragon was probably chosen by the King James translators b/c it was a FAR more terrifying to imagine being confronted by a dragon (instead of some piddly snake). I CERTAINLY doubt that it would have ANY relation to what we NOW consider a dragon to look like (esp. since snakes [poisonous snakes] were probably much more common encounters than dragons for the ancient hebrew writers of the OT)

AS for this whole "Chinese Rigomarole".
One has to wonder that if this story were true, then CERTAINLY there would be manuscripts about the original Chinese people immigrating from Mesopotamia...and the tower of Babel. CERTAINLY that story would be something to keep note of.
While the basic interpretation OF the script seems a little suspect, there is one particular point that caused me to scratch ye olde noggin:
Why would "united all + hands joined = covers all". That makes no sense to me.

As one last note, and I hate to put myself out there as such an idiot but:
Where did this "professor of theobiology" FIND these particular writings? Are these ACTUAL Chinese inscriptions? Is this from a REAL historical document?

Did you notice that Zeena? The article is called "Chinese fossils from the Flood" but he doesn't mention where the fossils were; WHAT they were, who found them, and how.
The closest he gets to actually showing us that this is an actual historical document is this:
Chinese writing predates their fall into the miasma of pagan beliefs and false history, and as such contains ideas and representations not found in their latter traditions.
Unless I am VERY much mistaken, the "doctor" is imply that:
1) Chinese writing predates their fall into sin.
2) Their writing can be used to expressed ideas from before their sin.
3) The Chinese have words for "eight", "vessel", "person", "boat", "man", "hands joined", "covered over", "united all", "water" and "drown". These words also predate their fall into sin.
THEREFORE, the Chinese Language is proof of the flood.

Please tell me where I am missing his point. I REALLY want to believe I am because I couldn't believe that people could ACTUALLY follow this gobble-dee-[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] after taking a few moments to look at what he wrote.

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others

From the verbs formed being to twine, and to unite in H3867 used in reference to Serpant, being Satan in H5175
Strongs is not a dictionary, it is a listing of words and how they are used in the bible

Here, for instance is one aspect of creation that could be referred to as the deep..

In relation, the Doppler Effect could have taken place then.. then, for now God's Mercy reigns in Light of the sacrifice for our sin :)

the authors wouldn't have a concept of blackholes, its speaking of the sea, being that to the jewish people the sea represented chaos. the ME has a history of believing chaos and the sea have a connection.

the serpent is also connected to the sea, as leviathan is, he has also been connected to tiamat who is a sea goddess, who has now been reshaped into a serpent.

lotan is called all those names in revelations, but is also called them by other religions, revelations seems to me to be using the mythology as metaphors, rather than meaning there really will be a giant seven headed serpent that will bring down the waters of the sea on us

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
As we can see, the etymology of boat is the characters for "vessel", "eight" and "person". Sound familiar?
Except that it is bogus as has been pointed out.
The ancient Chinese, having traveled into Asia after the Lord scattered the citizenry of Babel [Gen. 11:8], still recalled the history of their origin and applied that knowledge in the creation of their new writing system. When they needed a character to mean "boat", what could be more obvious than to allude to the most famous boat of them all, Noah's Ark, and the eight people - Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives [Gen. 6:10,18 7:7] - who were on board. (Also, this honoring of Noah may be seen as part of the origin of the debased ancestor worship cults that infected China, the ancient Chinese still knowing at this point that they are descendants of Noah.)
Except that this claim is bogus as has been pointed out.
While this is a very impressive proof of the historicity of the Flood, it is not the only one to be found in the Chinese pictographs.
It is only proof of how desperately young earth creationists distory anything they can find to try to substantiate a long falsified mythg.
The character for "drown" tells the story of what befell the other people living in Noah's day. This character is more complicated, made of a number of compound parts, so we'll go through it step by step:
chineseunited.gif
Here we have the character for "united" or "all". It is made up of "man", "one" and "person". Symbolically this means that all men are as one person, united in their opinions, actions, and speech. In Genesis 6 we see that all of mankind - save Noah and his generations - are united in their corruption. Also, we may infer from Genesis 11 that these antediluvian men all spoke as one, using one language, since it was only after the building of the tower of Babel that the Lord saw to confound the singular language of man.
You only "infer" this because you start with it. Why is it strange to infer that all the Chinese who spoke and wrote Chinese spoke the same language. It has nothing to do with "antidiluvian. Have you ever heard of any people who's origin myths don't have them either as the original people on earth or direct descendants of the original people on earth?
The character for "person" has a dual meaning of "mouth".
chinesecover.gif
Next we have the character for "to cover over". It is made up of "united" and "hands joined". This symbolizes a united people, their hands joined together, forming a shield to cover over something that they wish to protect - or hide in shame?
chinesedrown.gif
Finally we come to the character for "drown". We see that it is made of "to cover over" and "water", obviously symbolizing water covering over that which is drowned.
What a surprise, drowning is covering over with water!
But symbolically what is being drowned in this character? There's a double meaning here, for it is both all as well as mankind united as one person, speaking in one language, being covered over in the waters as they join their hands in a futile and arrogant attempt to form a shield against the raging waters. There is only one event in history that fits that description, and that is the Flood.

Source
Nonsense. You put together two ideas, that all Chinese are related or unified and that drowing is covering up with water and somehow come up with the flood of Noah and can't even see that this is an absurd stretch.

When it comes to widespread myths, people turning into animals and dead people who walk around are very common as well. Do you think Dracula Meets the Wolfman was a documentary. I suppose that wouldn't be too surprising since Carl Baugh seems to think the Flintstones was a documentary.

Upvote 0

jwu

Sep 18, 2004
✟9,329.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
The Chinese language happens to be THE oldest known to man..

It is as ancient as 4500 Before Christ..

So, this would be the piece de resistance
Interesting...how does a 6500 years old language fit with a world that is only 6011 years old according to Bishop Usher? Or do you use different figures?

And how does it fit with a global deluge which supposedly (well..actually it didn't) happened 4200 years ago? Did Noah speak Chinese? And wouldn't that actually mean that the Chinese version is correct then, not the Christian/Jewish one?
And how is this supposed to fit with the tower of babel story, if taken literally?

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Like I said, better get that straight with the other YEC around here.

Fine, then "God" means "tapeworm". Hey, the good news is his existence is proven! The bad news is when the bible said he created man, it really meant "infested his digestive tract." Who's to say it doesn't mean that?

Water can't escape a black hole, hence no "fountains of the deep".

What on earth are you talking about? Do you mean you don't think the doppler effect occurs today? Are you suggesting that water can be doppler-shifted?

You see, I know what the doppler effect is. It doesn't in any way help you turn the deep into the sky or a chinese water god into satan or a mouth into a man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums