Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
''As winds of up to 110 kph continued to batter the Netherlands on Wednesday, a replica of Noah’s ark has come adrift in the harbour of the staunchly Protestant fishing village of Urk.

The 70 metre-long 13-metre high replica of Noah’s ark came loose from its moorings in the strong winds and caused considerable damage to several other boats.

The ark, which contains a Bible museum, has been in the harbour for the past few months. ‘The damage is quite considerable,’ said mayor Pieter van Maaren on Twitter.

The emergency services rescued the seven people on board and there were no injuries, broadcaster NOS said.''

www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2018/01/noahs-ark-replica-breaks-free-as-storm-batters-dutch-fishing-village/

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean a sign to show the stupidity of building such a ridiculous craft?

I was being facetious whereas your reply was sardonic, implying an ocean of discontent and a storm of dismay.

Might want to batten down the hatches.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the joke was simply pointing out that the article isn't interesting. It made us all laugh here in the Netherlands though. Because the people of Urk built an ark and it got free and smashed up the other boats like it was the Godzilla of boats. The people of Urk are entertaining with their old school religion and cocaine. God bless them :twohearts:

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the joke was simply pointing out that the article isn't interesting. It made us all laugh here in the Netherlands though. Because the people of Urk built an ark and it got free and smashed up the other boats like it was the Godzilla of boats. The people of Urk are entertaining with their old school religion and cocaine. God bless them :twohearts:

LOL, you really made me chuckle with that post!

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Um, sorry? Cocaine?

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟270,030.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums