Noah - was he just surpressing his true self?

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't mean it exactly like that. Money and power are not necessarily blessings from God, even though the OT would have people think that. But to think that a blessing from God means money and power, to me, makes a Christian wrong. I'm sorry you feel that way, because it's wrong.

You are saying another thing now. Here is what you said...

Being blessed meant that he was given money and power as king. The fact is that a blessing "from God" always turns into a curse.

Always?

Now, please explain that, without saying that is not what you said, please?

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are saying another thing now. Here is what you said...

Always?

Now, please explain that, without saying that is not what you said, please?

The so-called "blessing" of money and power is not from any so-called god I would want to follow. If Christians today cannot see the humor in those OT stories then they are blind. Jesus said that the blind could not comprehend when they were seeing parables. Even today, so many Christians still believe those stories were true. Honestly, I don't think most Christians could see their own hands in front of their faces because they are in such darkness.

Money is all that they care about. Being a so-called fisher of men means they will no longer have to do manual labor, correct?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The so-called "blessing" of money and power is not from any so-called god I would want to follow. If Christians today cannot see the humor in those OT stories then they are blind. Jesus said that the blind could not comprehend when they were seeing parables. Even today, so many Christians still believe those stories were true. Honestly, I don't think most Christians could see their own hands in front of their faces because they are in such darkness.

What you said makes no correlation with what the Bible teaches. Its your own personal soap box creation.

You need to come down off of that soap box if you're ever going to learn anything accurately.

We all make mistakes. But we all do not live to create them.

Money is all that they care about. Being a so-called fisher of men means they will no longer have to do manual labor, correct?

You could not be more wrong. Paul worked as a tent maker during times he was being accused by people with your thinking, just so they could know he would refuse money before he would put any obstacle in the way of the cynics who also needed to learn the Word of God.

Not all churches are the same. Some are actually Biblical. Here is one example of the kind of church that teaches accurately.

"""""""""""", Bible Ministries is a grace ministry and operates entirely on voluntary contributions. There is no price list for any of our material. No money is requested. When gratitude for the Word of God motivates a believer to give, he has the privilege of contributing to the dissemination of Bible doctrine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What you said makes no correlation with what the Bible teaches. Its your own personal soap box creation.

You need to come down off of that soap box if you're ever going to learn anything accurately.

We all make mistakes. But we all do not live to create them.

You could not be more wrong. Paul worked as a tent maker during times he was being accused by people with your thinking, just so they could know he would refuse money before he would put any obstacle in the way of the cynics who also needed to learn the Word of God.

Not all churches are the same. Some are actually Biblical. Here is one example of the kind of church that teaches accurately.

"""""""""""", Bible Ministries is a grace ministry and operates entirely on voluntary contributions. There is no price list for any of our material. No money is requested. When gratitude for the Word of God motivates a believer to give, he has the privilege of contributing to the dissemination of Bible doctrine.

I believe there are many good churches and I'm sure the vast majority of people in churches are good. I just wish more people would think critically about this, rather than just accept it all without understanding that there are many other kinds of religions, besides Christianity, that are also worshipping the true God.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe there are many good churches and I'm sure the vast majority of people in churches are good. I just wish more people would think critically about this, rather than just accept it all without understanding that there are many other kinds of religions, besides Christianity, that are also worshipping the true God.

Once again... what you"believe" does not correlate with reality. The majority will be doing a poor job.
Jesus warned that 'many' will take the broad and wide road that leads to destruction. He also added.. only a few will find it. Only a few churches in every given generation will be doing an outstanding job. All the others will only think they are with their self approval as its banner.

"For the time will come when they will not put up with sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a

great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want
to hear."
2 Tim 4:3

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even
weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end
is destruction, whose god is their emotions, and whose glory is in
their shame—who set their mind on earthly things."
Philip 3:18-19

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't even know who wrote those passages. The church claims that Paul wrote both, but evidence points to the contrary. If a book is deceptive like that then we can safely discard it.

I know. CNN and MSNBC both showed evidence that Paul did not write them.

Do you know Jesus Christ? Of course you don't. Why should I bother to explain to someone, that even if I could make it irrefutable? It would make no difference to you. Why should I bother? Tell me why.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is real and his Holy Spirit is indeed real and powerful. But as far as Jesus Christ, he represents God's spirit inside of us.

Seriously.. I ask you. Do you feel free to make stuff up like that, because you think that no one can know more than you do? And, if you can not know what is going on? Neither can anyone else?

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Seriously.. I ask you. Do you feel free to make stuff up like that, because you think that no one can know more than you do? And, if you can not know what is going on? Neither can anyone else?

I think that most people view principals in the form of a person, especially a human being, who has those principals. I don't see God that way. It doesn't make sense. But I don't think I'm better than those who do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that most people view principals in the form of a person, especially a human being, who has those principals. I don't see God that way. It doesn't make sense. But I don't think I'm better than those who do.
Are you seeking anything? Or, only for responses?

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you seeking anything? Or, only for responses?

No. Just trying to answer your questions as clearly as I can.

As far as your previous question, the best way a to judge a person's heart would be by their actions. In fact I would say it's the only way. I certainly hope that no one is judged by what they believe... or don't believe.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Noah was portrayed as the perfect obedient son. But after he got drunk he began to show his true self. The younger son was the only one who wanted to even see what he was like on the inside ("inside" the cave) that he kept hidden from others. Then he cursed and banished that son because he had dared trying to show his brothers that Noah had a side that was different than the whitewashed facaded he showed the world on the outside. All of that anger which had been bottled up inside.

What do you think of the fact that Noah repressed his true feelings and that he was really a very angry person? Perhaps this was a portrayal of those who are obedient and religious in nature? Are they just repressing their true selves?
No one light a match!

Your strawman chacterization seems to be a function of reading into the text anything you want to see there. It is anachronistic. It could have been avoided by a 30-second Internet search, if your intent was to gain knowledge of how the original audience would have understood this text.

Your lack of effort to discover that understanding coupled with your hastily constructed straw version of same seems to speak volumes about your intent.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No one light a match!

Your strawman chacterization seems to be a function of reading into the text anything you want to see there. It is anachronistic. It could have been avoided by a 30-second Internet search, if your intent was to gain knowledge of how the original audience would have understood this text.

Your lack of effort to discover that understanding coupled with your hastily constructed straw version of same seems to speak volumes about your intent.

None of what you just said made sense.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
None of what you just said made sense.
I am not surprised. Use my comments form search terms in a google search. Eventually you will understand that I am suggesting you are mischaracterizing Noah in a way no one would, further I explain your method and why it is propaganda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not surprised. Use my comments form search terms in a google search. Eventually you will understand that I am suggesting you are mischaracterizing Noah in a way no one would, further I explain your method and why it is propaganda.

Just because your literalistic interpretation is the most popular doesn't make it right. Popularity doesn't mean that it is divine or holy. Have you ever heard that the road to destruction is a wide road?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Noah was portrayed as the perfect obedient son. But after he got drunk he began to show his true self. The younger son was the only one who wanted to even see what he was like on the inside ("inside" the cave) that he kept hidden from others. Then he cursed and banished that son because he had dared trying to show his brothers that Noah had a side that was different than the whitewashed facaded he showed the world on the outside. All of that anger which had been bottled up inside.

What do you think of the fact that Noah repressed his true feelings and that he was really a very angry person? Perhaps this was a portrayal of those who are obedient and religious in nature? Are they just repressing their true selves?

Actually Ham performed a homosexual act on Noah... The world they left behind after the flood HAD BEEN saturated with perversity and depravity.. and Ham had picked up on it. Its one reason that world was to be destroyed in the flood.

The main reason for the flood was God could not bring the Messiah into the world if it became 100% half human half angel.. Which was what was taking place in Genesis 6. "Sons of God were taking daughters of men and producing giants ..."

TMFYTH..... too much for you to handle?

You can Google... * Ham performed a homosexual act on Noah *

My pastor who taught us in depth from the Hebrew text went into great detail as to what took place. Something that the English translations most likely continue to shy away from out of timidity. If you are interested? I can tell you where you can order the audio messages from.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do I feel so "dirty" just reading what conservatives think about these stories. These interpretations can only be the result of a depraved mind and dark spirit.

Its why Jesus had to die on the Cross for man's depravity. Or, are you still sleeping? You did not know that?

Too much reality for you I see? The Bible in its original languages is about real life. About real things that happen in life.

When the Iron Curtain was still up in Russia, Russian authorities tried to discourage reading the Bible by saying the Bible contains inappropriate contentography. Unlike many today who simply read English generic translations, they had language scholars study it in depth to try to find flaws, not faith. Its in the Bible. The real languages of the Bible, that is.

There is not one "dirty sin" that the Bible does not cite or give an illustration for. Its so sinners who have been redeemed, and some had been involved with those sins, can relate to whom they once were, and to discover where God wants them to become.

God is not squeamish. Sound doctrine is not for the timid.

Upvote 0