• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Noah: The next holywood blockbuster?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by LostMarbels, Nov 15, 2013.

1. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I watched the following trailer of the new 'Noah' movie staring: Russell Crowe, Emma Watson, Anthony Hopikins, and Jennifer Connelly. I'm just wondering what your thoughts on this are, if any. I hope this dosn't go down the slope of secularizing a story in the bible in order to make it moot. Hopefuly this will be a good movie. I am gonna see this one.

Noah Official Trailer (HD) Russell Crowe, Emma Watson - YouTube

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Vanilla Scripture

Vanilla Scripture Well-Known Member

+35
    Non-Denom
    Married
    From the looks of it I'm impressed. I'd say it has a chance. Though with the Hollywood politics one never knows how well Russel Crowe is received among his peers, so we'll have to wait and see. At least 2014 is right around the corner.
    I hope this goes to IMAX as well.

3. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Agreed...... From the looks of the trailer, it's going to touch on Sodom & Gomorrah. I hope it is a good depiction. I really don't want it to become some God hates Gay's thing.

4. USCGrad90

USCGrad90 Seeker

+20
    Baptist
    Married
    From the looks of it, they fill in a lot to dramatize the account. Appears to show Noah battling people trying to get on the Ark. I would touch up on scripture before seeing this. From what I read the movie strays quite a bit and has some kind of rock creatures that help build the Ark. Movie test screenings got some bad reviews - so they may have made some changes.

5. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+4,676
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    No hollywood movie, wether for theaters or tv, has ever been accurate to what the bible says. They make up a lot of stuff that is even very plainly said in the bible. Like Noah was in the ark for 7 days before the flood started. "Embellishing" is one thing, altering whst is clesrly stated and replacing it with fabrications, is another. I have trouble watching these movies, some are just ludicrous.

6. Lion King

Lion King Veni, vidi, vici

+511
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Did hollywood put giants and fallen angels in the story-line?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  7. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Newbie

+38
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
  8. SG9

SG9 Guest

+0
    I think that I'll pass on this one just in case maniacs flood the theaters. :)

9. ebedmelech

ebedmelech My dog Micah in the pic Supporter

+595
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I'll wait for the DVD availability...it looks like it's well done. Of course we have to allow some liberty in a movie like this, they have to imagine how thing occurred...and that's ok by me. :)

10. Sedoy

Sedoy Newbie

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I bet that is exactly what this movie was made to do.

It is Satanist’s teachings that God hates people and tries to kill them off with floods, earthquakes, diseases…. Poor ol Satan barely keeps up trying to keep humanity alive.

11. SG9

SG9 Guest

+0
    I can agree with this. We should expect horrible attacks on God's truth in these last days, and we should expect an increase of entertainment too. And one obvious thing is that there are an increase of religious related content in films today, seems obvious that there must be an agenda to further confusion and corruption just before Christ comes. Thanks :)